Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on July 26, 2007
I have owned several Mr. Coffee 4 cup models, going back to the one that looks like it was made in the 1970's (with the floating orange water indicator) - This one is the best one to date.

The high points:

1) It's small and light

2) While the lid is up, the water will simply cycle through the resovoir ( a great way to preheat your water is to simply keep the lid up while the machine is running until it gets (quite) hot - then close the lid. )

3) It came with a re-usable basket filter (a nice feature considering the machine was only ~ 20$)

The negative

1) The carafe is just a tad difficult to pour from. Do not get me wrong, if you concentrate and proceed with caution, it does function without error. However, without due attention you might notice some drops spilling over the edge. That said, when pouring out the last few ounces at the end you will feel the steam/vapor rising up to your hand - it is HOT.

For $20, I would reccomend it to everyone I know as the perfect 4 cup maker.
77 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I finally had to admit: My Krupps 4-cup coffee maker no longer made good coffee. I faithfully cleaned it with vinegar, kept coffee oils wiped off, but to no avail. After weeks I had to admit that the "Folger's in my cup" no longer had the power to make me sing. I turned to Community coffee--egads! How was this possible? Even my strong Louisiana coffee was lacking. Then I tried Starbuck's. No deal there either. OK, it's my old coffee maker, I thought. That made me sad--my long-time companion had to go.

I searched everywhere and finally settled on Mr. Coffee TF4-4-cup Switch Coffeemaker, white, of course, and couldn't be happier! With the very first cup, I was back in business--the business of taste and looking forward to that cup in the morning. I should say mug (equals about one and 1/2 cups of regular-sized coffee cups).

Here are the reasons I like this new coffee maker:
1. It is easy and convenient to lift the lid and place the filter.
2. Of course, putting coffee into the filter is easy, too!
3. What is superior about this unit is the water-free pour into the little tank. Sometimes I spilled a few drops of water with my old unit, but Mr. Coffee's carafe is designed to prevent spillage. The shape of the spout allows a good pour from one unit into the other.
4. The light right in front is an easy signal that the unit is either on or off.
5. Cleaning the unit is simple: Remove filter, remove basket, swipe through dishwater or rinse under running faucet, return to basket-holder.
6. But here's the best reason: Mr. Coffee makes a great pot of coffee!!

Now I can sing again: The best thing about waking up is Folger's in my cup and Mr. Coffee on my counter!!
3535 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
This little coffee maker brews very good coffee. But there are three things to keep in mind in order to repeatedly get pleasant tasting coffee when using this coffee maker.

#1. Make sure you lightly clean the decanter & basket and brew 4 CUPS OF WATER before you ever make your first cup of coffee with this coffeemaker. This is important, and is right on page 2 of the directions.
I would bet that many people skip this step, and consequently wonder why the coffee they made has a subpar taste.

#2. Clean the coffee maker once a month. White vinegar works quite well. Again, the directions give the proper procedure.

#3. Keep in mind that with this coffeemaker, "one cup" of coffee = 5 ounces. If say, you want to drink 8 ounces of coffee(one measured cup) you should fill the reservoir to the 2 cup (10 ounce) mark. The paper filter absorbs around 2 ounces of water, so after brewing you are left with one "cup" of coffee.
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2015
So I bought this coffee maker because I am sick and tired of my Keurig. That's right, I said it. I got a Keurig for my husband and I last year and at first it was great but after awhile I got pretty tired of the space it takes up, the expensive pods and one-cup at a time brewing. I just wanted a coffee maker that would fit on my counter top, not take up a ton of space and brew just enough coffee for little ol' me for one or two cups of coffee. This coffee maker is PERFECT! It's small, brews up to 4 cups and is so easy to clean. You cannot beat the price! So happy with this purchase. I haven't had any issues with it.
review image
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2010
I've owned an older generation 4-cup Mr. Coffee maker, and used it daily for 12 years. It worked perfectly! (I retired it only because it was getting too dirty to clean, after 12 years of use.) Amazing!
This newer sibling to the tried-and-true is thus far living up to the task, and very well I might add. I like how the lighted on/off switch is located on the front of the coffee maker, not hidden on the side where you have to feel for where it's placed. The reusable filter (included) is a nice extra - costing about 4 bucks if you buy separately. And it's much more convenient than the paper filters.
By the way, don't waste your money on a model with a timer. It's small 4-cup capacity brews a full pot in only five or six minutes. Simply click it on as soon as you wake up, and before you know it, coffee's ready!
I can whole-heartedly recommend Mr. Coffee. Anyone who can produce a coffee maker that lasts for 12 years has my vote!
Note: If you use a regular sized coffee mug and not the dainty little cups, you'll get about 2 1/2 servings per pot... just FYI.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2006
With my forced switch to decaf I needed a small coffee maker that would make two real cups (4 coffee maker cups). The Melitta take2me is a rather large machine, and was problematic in the consumer reviews. I couldn't find a Black & Decker Brew n' Go to look at. The TF4 is a small, very basic machine that brews as well as our larger coffee makers. The pause and pour feature works reasonably well. It uses the small basket filters. It's easy to clean. It does, however, require about five and a half minutes to brew a full pot. So far it is well worth the $15 invested.
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2010
It's been a little over a YEAR since I bought this little guy. I just couldn't seem to jusitfy paying Starstruck or C-Store prices every morning, so I bought this machine for my office.

Here's the bottom line:

- Nice design. I used to think of Mr. Coffee as the "Yugo" of coffeemakers. This machine is well-built and attractive... nicer than it looks in the photos.

- The darn thing actually heats-up enough to brew a decent cup of joe!

- On the "downside":

1) There is a small notch / cutout on the rear of the unit that's supposed to prevent overfilling. It's just a little too "agressive"... if you FILL the machine to that notch, it does NOT fill the pot! Not a huge deal, but there's a SIMPLE fix: I just PLUGGED the cutout with a dab of silicone sealant. VOILA! Problem solved.

2) There's no Auto Shutoff. Knew that when I bought it. Obviously, this would add to the cost. I've forgotten to shut the machne off SEVERAL times. But - like I said - it's been over a year, and the darn thing is still tickin' !

NOTES:

- The "Four Cup" pot = 24 Ounces... which makes it a TWO CUP coffeemaker for some of us.
- A full four-cup brewing cycle = just shy of ten minutes. Relatively quick!

Overall a GREAT value.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 2013!

It's coming up on FOUR YEARS since I bought this machine. It's been used 3-to-5 days per week, about 48 weeks per year ever since. (Not used when I'm on vacation or traveling, etc.) It still performs just as good as it did when it was new, which continues to amaze (and delight) me, especially since I paid $14 bucks for it 2010!
on April 19, 2009
I love the smallness of this unit, particularly as I am the only coffee-drinking person in the household! It is simple to use and easy to clean. Great for a quick morning coffee!

However I was very disappointed after purchasing this some months ago when the handle of the carafe became 'unattached', making it but unusable. I unsuccessfully tried many times to reattach it, which didn't work.

I have since purchased another brand - A beautiful Cooks brand from JC Penney on sale. Hopefully more luck with this one!
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2011
I bought this to replace an old Krups coffee pot. Many of the reviews talked about problems with leakage and difficulty using the carafe. Since I have a similar coffee pot at work here are the tricks to making spill free pot. Be sure to fill the water reservoir, load the coffee grounds into the hopper, and close the lid before you try to add the carafe. If the button on the bottom of the hopper isn't engaged you will have coffee everywhere. There should be resistance when you load the carafe in and you push it to the proper position. Follow these steps and you won't have coffee all over your counter. We've had coffee all over our counters at work because people put the carafe in first because the hopper wasn't engaged. Follow these steps and you will like your coffee pot.
on November 7, 2011
My Mom got me this TF4 about three years ago for Christmas and I have never used it until yesterday. I think it is a great little coffee maker. I work out in the oilfields from 6pm until 6am and we do not have a coffee maker in the control room where I work. I like a little coffee at about 3am so I have been using those Starbucks single packets which are great but expensive. Anyhoo I finaly got around to finding some 4 cup paper filters (not Mr. Coffee brand, they fit great) and broke this out and used it. It was easy, fast and makes great coffee. I think it is hot enough and it's just right for two good sized cups of coffee. I love it, aren't Moms great, thanks Mom.