Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers USA Men's Fray Cotton Thong
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 12, 2010
The most comfortable sandals I have EVER worn. I wore them pretty much daily for about four years before the thong piece in the front finally snapped. While other sandals may be more durable, these aren't too bad - I walk all over a college campus probably for miles each day. The main appeal, though, is definitely the comfort. As advertised, it molds incredibly to your feet over time. Also, it doesn't pick up odors at all somehow (I'd have guessed the foam material would get really nasty from being in the water, etc, but it doesn't).

I'm here to purchase my second pair just minutes after my first ones broke.
on September 2, 2015
Bought a pair of these back in 2007 and wore them daily whenever there wasn't snow or ice outside. It is now 2015 and I've finally worn through the soles. These things have 5been through the desert, through 4 overseas trips, and 5 moves. Oh and has survived the designs of two toddlers as well! Can't say that about the crocs - they didn't survive 6 months. Anyway I have wide feet like a duck, skinny in the heel and wide+short in the front. Usually wear 10.5 Wide to 11 Wide tennis shoes. These are a bit long in the heel for me but they are sooo comfortable - more comfortable than the Reefs that I got for Christmas which cost more than double what these did. The fabric holds up unbelievably well. The tread does too - I've used it on every surface imaginable. Never tripped while using these.
on October 15, 2015
After having ordered enough things that were made in China I now (hopefully) have it figured out, hopefully I didn't just jinx myself though... :)
I ordered the brown version of these and I just received them about an hour ago, I am thinking I did good with these. Like I said, I think I have it figured out, that means that since I actually wear a 9-1/2 (US) in my size, I opted to go to the next available size, which was a size 10. Had I gone to the next size under my size, which would be a size 9, they would have been too small, so I did good.
It's really a crap shoot still, but since I always go a size larger in what I am buying, that has worked out perfect for me when I buy clothes or shoes, so if you don't do that, you might consider it. I do realize that I am not the first to say or do this, but just put me in that category of going UP one size. More than likely the Chinese are using a slightly different scale than we would use, for fitment, so they use something that would be smaller, since they (mostly) are a smaller size, they aren't fat either like Americans. :)

Anyway, these things are VERY comfortable, I really can tell a BIG difference from any other flip-flop that I have bought in the past. I have NEVER, EVER spent $30. (US) for a pair of flip-flops, EVER! I never thought I would either, but reading some of the reviews here convinced me that it could be a good thing if I did. If they are correct, (and I really don't doubt them) I can expect these to last 3-4 years, which adds up to CHEAP... :)
These appear to be made very well, but only time will tell the real story after I wear them enough, sometimes CHEAP can be hidden, meaning maybe it's junk material but looks good, I don't know yet.
I am happy though, I have to admit these are the most comfortable flip-flops I have ever had on, they are very quite, no odd slapping or squeaking sounds, so that's always good. :) These are like like Ninja flip-flops, they are really very quite.

One thing too... I have always bought flip-flops where the sole is thinner, and also the part that goes in-between your toes is the place where it will wear out first, maybe. What I mean is that if you look at the bottom sole, you will (usually) see where that strap piece between the toe comes down all of the way through the sole, so if you can see that from the bottom, a "nub", it 'may' wear off. So in the past I have worn that little round nub off since it was on the bottom of the sole. If you don't understand what I am referring to that will probably mean that you don't buy the cheaper variety as I have. :) In other words, this has no nub to wear out, these are made to last.
This sole is THICK! It is a couple of thick layers of goodness that should keep you comfortable for a while. The inner sole is very soft too, and the bottom is almost like a tire tread, it has a deep tread will definitely help out, plus it'll make it to where it won't wear out as fast, hopefully. The ONLY place I can see that may not last would be the inner sole where the strap part between your toes is, that could possibly fray, but the rest appears to be made to where there shouldn't be any problems, I really can't see the layers on the bottom sole coming apart from each other, the bonding looks really good, it's more than likely not just glued, but probably glued and thermally bonded. (It's not like I think I am a shoe scientist, but I am making a point as to how well it appears to be made!) :)

The color, BROWN" is actually more of a SAND color, the top fabric material appears to be a light sand, the bottom inner sole is actually more of a wet sand color, if that makes sense.

I'll definitely come back and say how they are wearing, but in the meantime, I believe that you should buy without too much worry, I am sure that the flip-flops you see in the stores are still made in China, so you'd (possibly) be buying cheap-o's there, but without anyone giving you a review.
on October 11, 2014
I wear a US Men's 13.5 shoe, but have bought sandals / flip flops / "thong"s in the past and know that I prefer size 12. These fit as I expected, but I went into it intentionally buying smaller then my shoe size.
on June 19, 2016
I liked the shoe but these I can only wear for a couple of hours. The sole is quite hard and not very comfortable after a couple of hours. These shoes do what they are supposed to and are holding up very well they are just not the shoes to wear if you need arch support or have arthritis. They are very nice looking and you can wash them and set out to dry. Overall a good product.
on March 14, 2016
Fantastic right out of the box! The soft comfort bed is immediately noticeable which makes these thongs ready for full time use. The frayed look, of course, lends itself to the "had these for years" niche but the quality is easily seen and felt. The brand I have been purchasing for years gave me the spongy, lived in feeling about the time I had to throw them away or they broke!
Skechers has built a star with this thong and I'm certain with many other thong styles as well. I will be back!
on October 14, 2015
What other reviewers have said is true... they do reek of chemicals for the first few days, but this goes.

The do run large. I had to send the first pair back and order a size down, which are still a bit on the large side, but I can live with it.

I don't know how long they will last, but they are immensely comfortable. I own two other pairs of sandals and both cause my feet to smell after wearing for a bit. These don't. 'nuff said. Result.
on March 26, 2015
Very nice sandals; one of several pairs I've bought on Amazon over the years!

These are *relaxed fit* so be aware before you purchase! I don't need great arch support as I don't have problems with my feet, and I can also get away with the roomier feel of comfort fit shoes. Sketchers makes the best relaxed fit, stylish shoes on the market and at incredibly great prices-- Especially here on Amazon! I love these sandals and all the other Sketchers shoes I've bought as well!

Very nice and stylish sandals, I suggest everyone own a pair like these.
on November 20, 2015
I think they are a half size smaller than other reef thongs I own.... so they are snug but even still they are definitelyt more comfortable than my other brands, its like a layer of compressable foam on top, moulds to your foot.. soft strapping.. super comfy.

Only fear is they wont age well because the top surface will soak in crap/dirt/etc that wont wash off like other thongs.. but lets see how we go in a few months.. for now im loving them!
on May 24, 2016
These are the best sandals you can get at this price range. They are very comfortable yet also suitable for times when you may encounter mud/dirt/sweat. They also look very stylish for the price. Size was as expected and fit great. Highly recommended.

See 1 answered question