Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on March 3, 2007
This mike has powerful recording ability, and it does catch background noises, as most microphones will. As with any microphone, you have to be sure the area in which you record is distraction-free. I used the mike for recording in the summer and the window was open: it even picked up the sound of kids playing outdoors. I think that proves its capabilities.
And no, I didn't have any problem with crackling or noise muffling. If your computer is running other programs while you record, it will pick up all those techno buzz sounds. Just be an informed and aware user: When you're ready to record, make sure the area is quiet.
There is an on-off switch just under the mike screen. You have to be sure it is switched "on" or it won't record.
I purchased this for use in my own classroom for student recording. The kids liked the design. I also like the sleek design because it does not overpower a computer area. The only drawback for me is that it is entirely plastic. It's very lightweight.
Bottom line: it does the job well.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2007
I have used several mics, I have experience to compare. I bought a different mic, a logitech mic off a website, it wasn't loud enough. I tried this mic. This one was equal to the previous mic reception wise. Except that with this mic, it sounded like I was trying to speak with a towel wrapped aroudn the mike. VERY muffled. Side by side with other mics on the same computer, this one was tenfold more muffled then the other 3. It' picks you up fine, just muddled.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2007
This is a total piece of junk. I bought this for an online class and it didn't work. I had to return it. Basically, the sound quality was so poor (lots of crackling & background noise) that I couldn't hear my voice and couldn't use it for class.

Do no buy this, unless you want to be disappointed!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse