Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 1, 2007
Love it for its small size and nice design. Rotates 180 and auto flips the image. Better than built-in...you can point it in other directions easier, i.e., without pointing your whole laptop. The motion detection module in the included software is fun. You can lock your screen, leave your office, and catch your coworkers helping themselves to your stash of chocolate. I couldn't get it to work w/ Mac, but it doesn't claim to. Box says designed for XP, system reqs also list Windows 98 SE, Me, and 2000. I'm using it just fine w/ 2000.

The "jumping" someone else complained of is probably from the face tracking utility, which is easy to turn off, and I agree not ready for the real world.

I only wish it had a digital zoom, but that is a minor thing I'd use rarely anyway.
on November 21, 2006
Great design, it is definitely very compact. Installation was simple however the image on mine "jumps" every few seconds. This is very annoying to the other person. I contacted Creative support and they were not very helpful. Unfortunately, this one is going back....
on December 17, 2006
I really like this camera because it's compact and saves me a lot of space compared to my old one. It's clear and none of what the previous person's "jumping" happened to me so maybe it depends.
on November 30, 2007
I purchased the Creative LiveCam Notebook Pro to complement my Skyping with several of my friends who also have webcams. It works quite well for this. Integration with Skype is as easy as it should be, the image is of a good quality, etc. Having the ability to manually focus the webcam is nice compared to cheaper ones I've used where that was not an option. The clip that clips the cam to the top of the screen works perfectly on my laptop screen. The device is impressively small.

My one complaint, and the reason I gave this device 4 stars instead of 5, is the included software. It was a pain to find/download/install (Vista users: You'll have to use the updated driver on creative.com) The software itself is pretty clunky, and has crashed several times. Also, every time a program uses the webcam (flash, Skype, etc) a window comes up to let you adjust settings on your webcam, which is much more annoying than helpful.

Overall, though, it's certainly a good webcam for the price.
on August 21, 2007
This camera is not compatable with Windows Vista as stated in the description.If you go to creative Labs web site they will confirm this. You can't use the software that comes with it.You have to download a newer version from there web site.Plus you have to download the driver which is a Beta version and it still might not work.I know i have one and tried using it on my laptop.I finnally got it to work but software was slow in responding. They do have a newer version of this camera just for Vista. That's why there selling cheap Normally they sold around $79.99 in retail outlets
on January 29, 2008
Really like the form factor
Picture quality is OK, athough picture brightness changes arbitrarily
Bundled software didn't work at all
on July 10, 2007
Agree with image issues (not that great) but then only paid 19.95 at Best Buy.
on February 20, 2009
This camera comes with several bells and whistles that are better off not being used as they reduce the quality significantly. However, it is a solid little camera that is highly adjustable and works wonderful (for me) with Skype. I would def recommend this product to anyone seeking a camera!
on January 15, 2007
this camera is wonderfull because it's compact and saves me a lot of space in my bag.. Images are clear and very sharp. Good price. Love it
on May 17, 2008
This camera works ok. The image it puts out is very choppy, but what can you expect for a webcam at that price? All in all, we were pleased with the purchase.