Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 12, 2013
These are NOT the same as Wrangler's heavy-duty jeans; this is a much flimsier denim, and a poorer construction, although both types are made in Mexico. This type is what you can find in local discount stores. Wrangler's descriptions never indicate which is which, and I have a feeling that some reviewers may be comparing apples and oranges. Both kinds are made in Wrangler's various styles and fittings, so you can't go by that.

You can only tell the difference between the two different kinds by looking closely at the photos - compare these to Amazon's "Wrangler Men's Cowboy Cut Original Fit Jean", for instance, which are well-made sturdy jeans that will last for years. (For some reason its product link B000F9WJ7S doesn't work here in this review).

Wrangler labels:
--> sturdy type: a rectangle of thick imitation-leather, 1" x 2.25", sewn onto the back right pocket near the top of the pocket; also a 0.25" x 1" black cloth label sewn just above that pocket.
--> flimsy type: a rectangle of thin cardboardy-feeling something, 2.25" x 3", sewn above the right back pocket at the waist line, where it will be covered by the belt. Some but not all of these may also have the same 0.25" x 1" black cloth label, as shown in the photo above.

Back pocket stitching design:
--> sturdy type: a large "W" double-stitched all the way across each back pocket.
--> flimsy type: either a straight horizontal double-stitch across the pocket as shown here, or no decorative stitching at all.

Style and size label:
--> sturdy type: a 1" x 3" label sewn vertically inside the fly on the right side, stitched at both top and bottom.
--> flimsy type: a 1.5" x 1.5" label sewn at the top into the waistband, usually above the front left pocket, and left loose at the bottom.

Rivets:
--> sturdy type: smooth plain brass.
--> flimsy type: steel, with a very small "button" in the center, and a tiny "Wrangler" stamped into the metal around the edge.

Fly button and zipper:
--> sturdy type: the fly button is brass, with "Wrangler" stamped across the center in script; the zipper is proprietary to Wrangler, with an outline of a boot stamped into the pull.
--> flimsy type: the fly button is steel, with "Wrangler" stamped in small raised letters around the edge; the zipper is a standard "YKK" brand.

Don't be fooled! If you want cheap jeans that will tear easily and the stitching will fall apart, this is the kind you want. These are made specifically for the discount market.
44 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2011
when looking for jeans that fit me (31x29) its hard to find them in a store with that length.
so i said what the hell ill look on e bay for a pair that was new. they guided me to amazon.com
which had a pair that i was looking for in my size and new. i still wasnt sure because i always
buy my jeans at a store. well i took a chance because the price was right and the delivery.
well to my surprise the jeans came (yes i bought 2 pairs)within a week and fit great!
i would again buy these jeans online.
to end i would say to anyone like me thats worried about buying online ..go for it...i did!
These are my favorite brand of jeans. Firstly, they are very well made; thick rugged denim, good zippers, pocket stitching, etc. Secondly, the fit for the "Regular Fit" jean is quite good. Room in the places that you need it while retaining a snappy styling. The length tends to be on the long side, so watch for that. Be advised that the "Regular Fit" jeans differ greatly from the "Classic Fit" jeans. The "Classic Fit" jeans are for guys who are pretty darned thin; I am thinking seventeen year old types. If the "Regular Fit" fits you right, as it does me, the "Classic Fit" will be too confining. On the other hand, the "Regular Fits" are good for grown men of average build who are not unusually skinny. RJB.
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2007
I bought these for my husband who has only worn Levis 501 for the last 40+ years. He was sceptical but agreed to try a pair since his size is difficult to find in Levis sometimes. He was very pleased. They fit nice, feel soft but still have substantial heft and wear and the color is just right. He reports that they are more comfortable than his Levis and gave a thumbs up to buying more.
on March 14, 2013
These Wranglers are different from the ones sold in retail stores (Target,etc.) I have 8 pairs of Wranglers and these Wrangler markings and the color of these jeans are all different so beware!
on February 14, 2011
I've had 5 pairs that have had the belt loops pull out. Wrangler has changed something because I've had old Wrangler jeans that were worn out and the belt loops never pulled out. I guess it's Levis from now on.
on June 1, 2010
I've always liked Wrangler jeans but these seem to be a big baggier than in the past. They have so many "fits" that it's impossible to keep them straight. I usually buy in person at a store, so that I can try them on, and have found that they fit consistently. But I bought two pair (two different colors) this time, same size, same fit -- and they were totally different. One was a good inch and a half bigger in the waist. Had to return it. I'm sorry to say that I'll be trying them on in a store next time.
on October 18, 2013
My only complaint with these jeans is that each of the four pair that I purchased (on sale from Amazon in that quantity) developed holes and tears within a few months of wear. I have worn this style of Wrangle jeans for years with no problems. I have now replaced these jeans with with the same brand and size from Walmart - not Amazon. The ones that I purchased at Amazon must have been grey market jeans that are substandard in quality. I have usually had a good experience with what I buy from Amazon. These jeans have been my first really negative experience.
All my life I have thought of Wrangler as being Levi's main competitor for durability and quality construction.
These jeans end that image of Wrangler in my mind. Dollar store specials would be more appropriate.
on May 25, 2012
I received this jean pant today.

Pros:
=====
1. Color is nice
2. Belt clips and overall buttons etc. are good

Cons:
=====
1. The cloth is thinner and of cheaper quality even cloth was made in USA.
2. It says regular fit but pant is little loose than earlier pants I had of same brand and model...