Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on June 12, 2006
This is a great headset. The USB connection is easy and makes it more portable. It is great for VOIP or gaming commutations, i.e. Ventrilo or Team Speak. The only problem the phones have is that the ear cups are a little stiff to start with. If they were softer I would have rated the head set higher.
on May 21, 2007
Excellent voice 'phones - makes Skyping a pleasure for us, AND for the people we're talking to, who report "CD quality" sound. Lots better than telephony has to be.
on September 29, 2007
I bought this headset about a month ago, and have been using it for many different purposes. Music, teamspeak, video games, you name it.

The headset itself has soft cushioning, and doesn't bother me even when I've been using them for a couple of hours. The controls are simplistic. Just plug the headset into the USB port, and you're connected. There is a mute button for your mic, and a plus and minus button for the volume. The cord is also pretty long, as I can have my headset on while laying on my bed a good 6 to 8 feet away.

I always chat on teamspeak with my friends when I play video games, and reception is great both ways. I've had mics before that don't pick up my voice very well, but this does a great job and I've had no complaints.

Sound is crisp and clear, and when I run three programs at once (i.e., game, music and teamspeak) it picks up all three while still giving good output.

A couple of things to note, if you plug the headset in on the fly, it might not recognize a program or two playing sound. When I run music videos online or whatever, I have to restart the program or click on another song to get the headset to recognize it. But that's no big deal overall. As well, the plastic box control piece is a little flimsy, when I took the headset out of the container the box popped open and I thought I had broke it! But it snapped back together no problem. As long as you don't step on your headset, it should be fine.

Overall, I really like this headset. You'd probably have to go with a 3D gaming headset to get any better. My friend has one, and it's pretty amazing, but I don't have the money for that being a grad student and all.
on August 23, 2007
I've tried other similar products from this maker and others, this is definitely the best for its durability and sound quality.
on February 15, 2008
I purchased a Dell computer with audigy sound card in which I was never able to get the analoge headset to work with skype . I later purchased this usb head set which instantly worked. It was great and had good sound quality... Until I uplugged the usb cord while listening to a movie. I'm guessing the sound card was damaged because the usb headset no longer works on this computer.
I recommend the head set, not the Dell. I must have gotten 2 bad luck computers from Dell.
on November 25, 2009
I just purchased a second headset of this same make and model. I've had the first headset for at least 2 years and looooove the functionality and comfort. They are still in service. The second headset was purchased for use at a different location - again I am very well pleased. I use them for music and for VOIP communication...I'm tempted to purchase another one or two pair in case I spill a coffee on one of these only to find that they are no longer available...
on November 16, 2007
I love these cans. Mic reception is great, sound is awesome, and they fit over my oversize melon beautifully. The only downside (and the reason these only get 4/5 stars) is the shape of the earphones. The squarish shape leaves my ears feeling like cauliflower after a fairly short time (an hour or so). But I still like them well enough to recommend to anyone looking for a great sounding gaming headset.
on November 1, 2007
This headset was better than I expected. Windows detected it flawlessly, and they sound great! Great bass response and sound quality. Haven't tried much yet the microphone, so I can't comment on that.

Only thing I can think of that I don't like as much is the length of the cable (about 6'), and that's because I use them with my laptop, so it's mostly wasted cable.
on January 31, 2009
Hey - they work and work good. I know they were supposed to be simple installing - plug and play, but I do wish there were some directions. I had the speaker plug - plugged into the headset plug and vice versus. Figured it out after about a very long hour.
on January 10, 2008
This headset works very well, especially for the minimal cost. They are comfortable and sound is very clear. I would recommend these.