Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eureka Style DCF 14 , DCF 10 Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner Pleated Hepa w/activated Charcoal Dust Cup Filter, Optima, Pet Lover, 62396-1, 62396-12, 73734-2, 2316911737, 023169117372, 73824, 62731A, 62731B
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 20, 2007
Amazon, apparently knowing how passionate I am about such things, has asked me to review the dust cup filter I recently purchased from them.
What can I say about the Eureka 62396 Eureka Dust Cup Filter, aka DCF 10? This thing filters dust! And it's in a cup shape that fits handily into the space that the old dust cup filter came out of, making it an appropriate replacement for the old Eureka 62396 Eureka Dust Cup Filter - DCF-10 that I had to throw out because it got moldy. Hint: if you have a moldy dust cup filter, do not turn your vacuum cleaner on. It will smell up your house real quick, I'll tell you what. Unless you want your house to small like an old wet towel that someone's left under the porch.
Dust cup filter! Eureka!
on September 8, 2007
I agree with the other person's comment that the filter cloggs fast but look at its size, of course it will clog fast. You will need to give the filter some TLC but you don't need to throw it away and especially twice a month. Get some canned air or a Bicycle pump with a needle valve to concentrate the air or better use a compressor to blow the dust and debris right out of it.
on June 22, 2008
Filter Type Dcf-10

I have two Optima vacumns, one for downstair and garage, one for upstair. I have two dogs. I replaced the original filter (dcf10) with the new
Dcf 14. I like the Dcf 10 so much better. It is durable after many wash and much easier to install. Dcf 14 is made of some kind of fabric the catches the dirt and it is very delicate.
on January 23, 2014
With tons of DCF-10 compatible filters on Amazon, I've tried several. Like all the others this worked and adequately filtered the dirt in the canister. I use the foot cut off of a pair of nylons slipped over the filter to 'prefilter' since I've got pets that shed a lot of hair. Definitely helps preserves the filters.

On the down side, this filter is a much tighter fit into the canister than the several other models I've tried. The first time it has to be forced, but it works. I'll order another version next time I need to pick some up.
on February 3, 2010
I've been cleaning my Eureka filter instead of replacing it so frequently. I remove the entire cylinder, take an old toothbrush, and clean it outside over my trash can. After unscrewing the top, I disconnect the filter and brush it to get most of the dust out. I bang it against the trash can several times, too. Then I take all 3 parts inside and rinse them thoroughly in warm water--I have a power nozzle that really scrubs the dirt out! I rinse the tank, the cover, and the filter thoroughly, then set them aside to dry for a few hours. Works for me.Crucial Vacuum Designed to Fit Eureka DCF 10/14
on September 19, 2011
There are many sellers who sell compatible filters listed for eureka model 430. This is my third filter in two years, including the original. This one is the less durable kind. It's more cone-shaped. I was hoping to get a cylindrical, better quality filter. It costs about the same as this one. That one is manufactured or packaged by EnviroCare Technologies, model or number 946. That was my second filter and i did not know what i was getting until i received it, just like when i ordered this one. That better quality filter lasts much longer. I wash mine after every 2-3 uses. This filter, just like the original, does not last long.

update: i don't know if this vacuum is still around but shortly after ordering this filter i got rid of the vacuum and switched to a different brand that never loses suction with permanent washable re-usable filters. Forget any vac that needs new expensive filters 2-3 times a year.
on December 2, 2014
My factory filter on my Eureka was toast after a couple years, and I needed a new one. I was excited to see that these filters were a lot cheaper than the filters I found locally, so I bought a couple of them, sort of a one for now, one for later kind of mindset. Well, a year later, I still have the first filter I bought installed in my vacuum, and I've only had to clean the filter off once. Then again, I was vacuuming up a bunch of dirt that had spilled onto the carpet from a pot that was knocked off a table, which isn't a common occurrence for most. I would classify myself as a normal user of my vacuum (vacuum the house once a week), and I'm pleased that I'm still on the first of the two filters I bought. As long as this filter fits your vacuum, then I highly recommend them, as you get a good value for your money. Oh, as a side note, for those who care, I'm not one of those who has allergies, so I can't say as to how well this filter does on return air quality. I know that the filters I received didn't have any sort of HEPA certification or notice on them, so use that info accordingly if it affects you.
on June 15, 2016
I noticed right away it was a different shape than the one tat came with my vacuum, the Eureka Pet Lover Oh! Upright Bagless Vacuum, 439AZ, BUT, for me its better! It still fits, and the wider bottom seems to help keep all the hair and dust from sticking to the filter making it unusable before filling the container like the original filter.Eureka Style DCF 14 , DCF 10 Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner Pleated Hepa w/activated Charcoal Dust Cup Filter, Optima, Pet Lover, 62396-1, 62396-12, 73734-2, 2316911737, 023169117372, 73824, 62731A, 62731B
on May 20, 2013
The filters I received were different than the ones in the picture. They were a little bit longer and larger at the bottom. But they fit perfectly in the vacuum cleaner. Instead of having a protruding end that look like a hose ending the product has an elongated body with a hole that directly fits in the internal tube within the dust cup. It provides additional filter area. Good price and good product.
on July 22, 2011
This is the same filter that came with the Eureka 430 lightweight Vacumn.I'm really glad that I found the replacement filters at Amazon although I did not buy the vacumn from Amazon. The store where I purchased the vacumn, no longer sold this one so I could not find the filters. The one negative about these filters is that most of the sucked in dirt (dog hair) seems to clog the filter. This is a bagless vacumn so the dirt is supposed to go into the designated compartment.

The vacumn picks up very good but you have to scoop the dirt from the filter and from the grooves on the filter. You have to manually remove the clogged dirt on the filter unless you intend to use a new filter every 2 times you vacumn. If you own a pet, you need to get a good vacumn that has an efficient filter that won't clog so easily. I also own an Oreck vacumn but b/c of pet hair, I prefer to use the Eureka 430 lightweight b/c the attachments are right on the vacumn. Hope this rating helps you.