Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony PSP Slim & Lite 2000 Console
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon January 27, 2009
I live in America, and I never owned the original PSP. I really did want a PSP badly, and was going to buy the RockStar Pinks Version of the PSP1000. It was a bright neon pink and looked cute, but there were rumors of a newer model flying around the internet, and I figured it wouldn't hurt me to wait a few more months and see what happens. I had waited and got word that the PSP2000 was released in Japan. I was watching this obsessively. I noticed they had a beautiful powder, non obnoxious girly pink model, which is the one you see listed in this ad.

I decided to order the imported Japanese version. It does come with English settings, and a few advantages and disadvantages.

Pro:
I can play American and Japanese PSP games.
Beautiful Color options never released to the United States...
( possibly sony thinks we aren't as fussy as Japan? )
The screen is beautiful.
It is slightly* slimmer than the older model, but not by much in my opinion.

Cons:
Can not play American UMD movies.

All in all I love this PSP model and color to pieces, and I am very pleased with it. I paid 199.99USD. If you're more curious my photos of my actual PSP are listed above under the more pictures section. Just look for my name :)
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 24, 2016
It says Slim and Lite, but it came in as a Phat. The description of the seller didn't specify which version it was, so I couldn't know. It's good, just like an average PSP, the only thing I don't like about it is that the D-Pad is horrendous. It feels too stiff and is not enjoyable for most games, especially fighting games. I'm just very unhappy that most of my games are unplayable due to the the D-Pad.
on July 7, 2015
This is a good system and works great but its listed as PSP 2000 and I got a 1000 not that big of a deal but I also bought a battery as a backup for this that doesnt fit because of the mislabelling....it didn't come with a charger so when I got the spare battery and seperate battery charger I bought I was excited until my battery died and I learned it didn't fit....I have to take out the battery to charge it until my charger gets here....
on April 10, 2015
THE GAME IS GOOD JUST TOOK FOREVER TO COME AND THE BUTTONS ARE DIFFERENT
on March 16, 2015
Arrived about a month early and I was so happy, until I found out that there was no charger with it. Why would anyone buy a PSP without a charger?
on March 30, 2016
I received the package. It was a Sony psp 1000, instead of a 2000. I'm still happy with my purchase, because my son will be happy either way. The item works great.