Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2015
Nice shoes with good support and good sole grip. Uppers last well. Sadly, the sole at the forefoot split across the shoe after 6 months of 3-4 time a week use. This occurred well before the sole was worn. On the fence about purchasing again.
review image
on November 7, 2012
Very comfortable (right out of the box!) and is a great shoe for work and with jeans. I bought these as they were the closest style to the ones I've loved and bought 3 pair over last 7 years. (Very bummed they're discontinued now). I wear them 5.5 days/week. My previous model is tried & true. The Espresso appears to be the same in quality to older model but slightly lighter and I feel (literally - push test on old & new) the sole is a newer/ lighter design. I hope these are as durable as older pair but less dense sole makes me a little concerned. (Comparison note: I previously tried on a pair of Bostonian Flexlite shoes. The soles on Flexlite are a very lightweight material, which is not used on the Espresso. If you buy Flexlite, know that it won't last as long.) The light feel adds to the walking pleasure and the soft calf skin adds to the comfy feel. Yes, if it proves to be as durable as older style and since I know fit is great, I will order a brown and another black. Note on where mfr'd: I read somewhere, I thought, that mfr'd in Italy. Great! Sticker on bottom of sole: China. Not great. Note on price: Although very happy with Zappos, I couldn't bring myself to pay $110 at Zappos compared to $78 at Amazon (with free return on item).
on March 25, 2014
I've been on an endless search to find a good dress shoe that can hold up to my daily routine. I've been through a dozen pairs of shoes in the past 3 years and nothing holds up for more than 6 months of moderate city walking. When I purchased these shoes I thought I'd finally found the shoe I had been looking for. They looked solid and were a 10 on the comfort scale. Unfortunately after only four months, the right sole split at the ball of the foot, leaking water like a depth charge battered submarine every time it rained; nothing worse than having a soggy squishy foot all day. Sigh... guess my search continues. I won't be purchasing another pair of Bostonian shoes as they cost way too much in proportion to how long they last. I had expected at least two years out of these shoes.
on November 9, 2011
These shoes look great and feel good. They're lightweight so it's easy to walk around in them. My only complaint (and perhaps it will fade as the shoes are worn in a while longer) is that the shoes make a soft, but certainly audible noise with each step. I'm conscious of it and it's slightly irritating, particularly as I do not recall my last pair of dress shoes starting off like this. Again, hopefully it's just a temporary thing as I love everything else about these shoes.

UPDATE 6/27/14 - The squeaking never went away. I purchased another pair in black, a half-size smaller just in case, and they have the same issue even after much use. These are noisy compared to other dress shoes I've owned, which is a shame, as I like these shoes quite a bit. I'm the only one my colleagues can hear coming down the hall (and I only weigh in at about 165 pounds, so weight or strain is not the issue here).
on February 27, 2013
Great build quality shoe! They look fantastic, better than in the picture. I'm rather finicky about my shoes and was impressed with these, maybe because they were in excellent condition out of the box, the size was a perfect fit and they're pretty comfortable. The soles are solid and provide really good grip too.
on August 8, 2011
Stylish, sophisticated and great looking shoes, one of the best pair of shoes I owned. I am ordering my second pair, I am that impressed. Love the color. I use them for office/casual almost every day for the last ~ year. The Downside is comfort, they need break-in period and if you walk in them all day, you will feel it! so I would give it 3 stars in that department. But don't let that stop you from getting the shoes, you might like them so much you forget the little inconvenience. The sole grips the floor very well. Overall, this is a well made shoe and I give it 5/5 stars.

Additionally, the price on Amazon was $20 less than that on Zappos which is an excellent online store for shoes, but I would be a fool not to take the savings!

Highly recommended, enjoy.
on February 27, 2016
I have worn this shoe for over 6 years without fail. I work in a number of settings and depending on the month will work in the hospital 6 or 7 days a week for 12+ hours at a time. This is my daily shoe it is comfortable enough to be on your feet all day and looks great, much better than a pair of clogs. I just ordered my third pair since I can't find them anywhere else. They are not too snazzy and they go well with whatever regular outfit I wear for the day. They also are versatile enough to be able to make a regular pair of jeans look classy or throw on suit for formal functions. I have never had a problem with the soles cracking and only have to replace after the sole is completely worn through and all the internal fabric is coming apart. I had to look all over because I do not trust the new Bostonian flex lite soles to hold up. A pair of these will last me over 3 years of daily use.
on May 22, 2012
I have had a pair of these shoes for around 5 years and have worn them nearly every day to work during that period (about 1000-1200 days). Yes, they are definitely worn out at this point, but you can bet your ass I'm buying another pair. Most comfortable dress shoes of all time! My only complaint is that the soles are a bit noisy (squeek on most floors), but this is a price I am willing pay for comfort, unparalleled durability, and style.
on October 28, 2015
I have used these shoes for the past 8 months, 3-5 days a week and have been super happy. Some days i sit most the day at a desk and others i am running around on my feet all day. They are comfy, durable, stylish shoes. Lasted me through a winter in Michigan and all summer. Had to polish and clean a couple times but the shoes are very durable and still look great. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Lasted longer than other shoes i have bought that were $50+. Wanting to get same shoe but in black.
on July 1, 2015
This is the 3rd pair of these shoes I have bought my husband and I will continue to buy more. They last a good while before the support starts to give out.. I'd say around 9 months for him wearing them a few times a week. He says they are comfortable and I think they look great. Not too shiny or dull and the espresso color isn't a "flashy" brown. Great shoes.

See 1 answered question