Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 31, 2012
I also uploaded an image with notes. The bottom rung is 4+3/4" from the table, and the other rungs are 4" apart. That sounds like a large distance, but 10 or 12 ounce cups will hit each other and 12ounce cups will touch the table (mine do).

Other than the above, this device is very sturdy, very well made (you can fill it and carry the fully loaded device with little fear of dropping anything), and matches most brushed nickel type faucets and appliances.

If they made this taller with 5" distances, it would easily be 5 stars, and it rates 5 stars if you do not use larger or longer cups.
review image
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
This stand is a must have and I'm so glad I bought it! It arrived already assembled and was ready for use directly out of the box. This rack can hold 6 coffee mugs/cups OR 12 espresso sized mugs/cups, which is what I'm using it for. I use the loop at the top as a handle when I'm moving it from one place to another and that's a welcomed added convenience. Each extension it has is curved upward making it impossible for any of your cups to slide off or fall so no worries at all. This stand was made very strong and sturdy and it sits secure and doesn't move unless you move it. This item gets my highest recommendation. Enjoy!

TR
on July 18, 2007
This mug tree is great. It holds different size and shapes of mugs perfectly. Very sturdy and fits into a small space nicely. Will make a nice gift.
on February 6, 2010
This mug holder really is sturdy and looks great. The first one I received was dented so I called the company. They were very helpful, sent me a new one immediately. I would definitely purchase from this company again as they are very consumer-friendly.
on January 19, 2012
I recently purchased this mug tree and am very pleased. We have several 16 oz and 18 oz mugs in our house that are the ones we usually use. But as they are different sizes and shapes, they took up a lot of room in our "mugs & glasses" cabinet, and attempts at stacking them have led to near disasters of broken porcelain.

Since the mugs are large and fairly heavy, I wanted a simple mug tree that wasn't going to tip over if it wasn't always properly balanced. This works perfectly as the tree itself has enough weight to keep it in place an is well constructed.

I believe another comment noted that large mugs don't fit on the bottom rungs. I am not sure how large the mugs in question were for that commenter, but our largest mug - 18 oz and about 5" wide including the handle - fits comfortably on the bottom hook. If you have super-large novelty mugs or large latte cups they probably won't fit (there's about 5 1/2" of clearance from the place where the mug would settle to the counter) but as long as your mug is some form of cylinder and not a bowl, I don't think you would have a problem fitting mugs on the bottom of this tree.

The brushed satin is very neutral in appearance, so unless you have a kitchen with a very unusual design, the appearance of this tree should not be a distraction. As others have noted, the curved hooks keep the mugs in place - there is no worry they are going to slide off if the tree is moved or nudged.

All in all, an excellent buy and we're pleased to have the extra room in our mug cabinet. The only thing I'd suggest is ordering this item on its' own. I coupled it with a cookbook and Amazon's normally awesome packaging failed me - the book was resting on an arm and damaged the book. It's an awkwardly shaped, pre-assembled item and with the protruding arms, it can damage something else in the box if you don't get a good packaging agent that day.
on August 17, 2008
Mug tree is sleek, stylish, and durable.....the design is perfect and the cups stay put and the tree doesn't turn over when full of mugs! I LOVE it! Modern, clean, sort of a work of art. Great sculputral addition to any kithcen modern, country, comtemporary or high tech!! Great piece and I'm so HAPPY to have finally found it! It was exactly what I was looking for!
on December 12, 2007
I purchased the mug tree for a Christmas present for my brother. The nickel finish is what attracted me to this particular mug tree. I feel like the advertisement was very specific, and I was not disappointed when I opened the box. I felt like the mug tree was reasonably priced for being such an attractive item.
on December 3, 2014
I purchased this to free up counter space near the espresso machine, and it exceeds my expectations. I thought I would be able to store 4 espresso/2 cappuccino cups per level, but this holds more! We use the Konitz Coffee Bar cups and I can fit 6 espresso, 6 doppio and 4 cappuccino cups on this rack (see photo). I just alternate the direction I hang them and they fit securely enough that I can pick up the rack from the top loop and move it fully loaded.

It is quite sturdy and it remains stable even if you take cups from just one side.
on February 16, 2011
I wanted a mug holder to actually use, not just for display purposes. I chose this one partly based on it's weight since I felt that it would not be likely to tip over. I'm very happy with it...it's very stable...holds my larger 14oz mugs & fits under my cabinets just fine. It looks great too!
on July 14, 2009
I ordered 2 of these and put them on top of our microwave to hold our favorite mugs. So easy to select 2 for our morning coffee. They are really modern and very sturdy. I got the paper towel holder that matches them and it really added an update for our kitchen. Enjoying them every day.