Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Package Quantity: 1|Color: May Vary|Change
Price:$5.60+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 24, 2011
I had this shower caddy in college and only bought it because it was cheap - I soon came to learn that it was the greatest $6 anyone ever spent on a shower caddy. Let's review why:

1) It's not plastic. So, it can't crack. This is important. Many other females in your shared bathroom will overload their plastic caddies with products and there will be plastic remnants of caddies past scattered all over. Yours will not suffer this same fate.

2) You can hang this on the shower head. This may seem irrelevant, but do you really want to bend down in the shower everytime you have to reach for your loofah, body wash, shampoo, razor, or shaving cream? It gets exhausting REAL FAST. Plus, water drains out the bottom so nothing gets moldy from getting wet.

3) NOTHING can fall out of this! Do you know how many times you will drunkenly stumble into your shower? Do you really want to spend time picking up and then sanitizing your self-cleaning supplies because they spilled out of your open-faced caddy onto the bathroom floor? I mean, even calc homework is better than that.

4) It's space efficient. Unless you're dorming in the 3000th century, your dorm was probably built when people still fit into airplane seats comfortably. This shower caddy can be squeezed into small shelf spaces unlike its unbending and rigid plastic friends.

All in all, it is a great deal and beautifully designed. You can't go wrong with this shower caddy - and even if you do, it's only $6. You'll live.
11 comment|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2009
On my search a shower caddy, I've learned that there are all types. Different shapes, sizes, and colors....some with suction cups....and so on. Well, this looked like one that would actually serve its purpose and it did. Holds everything.....all my shampoos. shower brush, soap, and just about anything. It long and wide enough to get the job done. And then its flexible also which naturally gives you more room.
This is about as close to the perfect size for a shower tote that I've found. It's flexible and easy to carry around without tipping, it'll hold the tallest bottles you can find, it'll hold a lot of things and it folds down quickly if you need it to.

As for the drainage issue, the bottom of the tote is a very thin, tough nylon with one grommeted hole in the center. There is a very, very thin lip of the nylon that comes up around the edge of the tote and after that, it's all a very sturdy but wide mesh. A very slight tip of the caddy will drain everything easily, no problem.
on February 18, 2010
This shower caddy works fine, but I got it because I thought the bottom was mesh like the sides. Instead it only has a small hole in the bottom for drainage. Otherwise it's just fine.
on February 2, 2012
I bought this mesh tote to carry my stuff to/from the showers at the gym. It is plenty roomy enough to hold regular sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and other typical bath items. However, there's a major flaw in the tote's "pop-up" mechanism that prevents me from giving it a 4- or 5-star rating. The shower tote collapses and pops up via a spring mechanism, so in order for it to lay flat for easy, space-saving storage (e.g., in a gym bag), something must constantly hold it shut in the collapsed position; otherwise, it just pops back up to its full size. As packaged by Dormbuys (the manufacturer), the only thing holding this tote in the collapsed/flat position is a cheap, flimsy piece of elastic. And it's not the waterproof kind of elastic used in swimwear, so I can easily see it disintegrating after a few uses. A real oversight by Dormbuys, considering that this product is meant to be used around water, i.e., in the shower! And worse yet, the elastic is not attached to the tote itself. As a result, the spring pop-up mechanism is so strong that it often sends the elastic flying off the tote at the drop of a hat. So if the elastic doesn't fail after a few uses, it'll almost certainly be lost by then. You could try to replace the elastic with a rubber band, but due to the round shape of the tote's rim, it's very easy for a rubber band to go flying off, leaving the tote to pop open again.

I didn't give this item 1 or 2 stars because I could actually see it being pretty handy if you don't need to use the collapsible, space-saver function, e.g., if you're just using it to carry toiletries from dorm-room to bathroom, rather than stowing it in a gym bag. It dries very quickly, holds all of your essentials, and hangs easily on any garden-variety shower hook or tap.

RECOMMENDED FOR DORMS; NOT SO MUCH FOR GYMS.
on March 24, 2011
This is ok. It is a little wider than my locker at the gym, so it is squeezed in there a little. The grommet in the bottom rusted in the first month of having it. Poor choice in construction for a shower caddy that is sure to get wet during every use. It is ample size to accommodate large shampoo, conditioner, face cleanser, shower scrubby, bath gel, and shaver, with extra space to stuff new clothes to put on after shower. You can't beat the price, though, so I will just buy another when the rusty grommet gets too bad.
on January 14, 2012
3 stars because - It's ok.

I thought I could use this for my gym bag. But it doesn't close on the top.
(my bad - I thought it would from the picture)

It seems to be quite sturdy - but it does NOT collapse easily.
The elastic strap that is included to keep it closed does not work very well.
It is not attached, and it slides off and then the whole thing expands.
on July 5, 2011
with the quality of this item. As the mother of two college bound children I wanted to find a caddy that was well priced and durable and this one fit the bill. I like that this caddy is sturdy and has room to hold full size product not just sample sizes. The handle makes it perfect to either hang from a hook or leave in the shower depending upon your bathroom configuation. Also the mesh allows it to drain well and dry fast so no worries about mold or mildew. All in all I would say this perfectly suits the need for college dorm living.
on August 15, 2011
I'm a particular fan of this vs. the cheaper 3-5 dollar hard plastic caddies you can find at retail chains or the like. Those are just too big, and typically don't come with drain holes. It's nothing a drill won't fix, but I'd prefer it done for me.

The caddy is flexible, and holds shampoo, conditioner, a tube of toothpaste, my Sonicare toothbrush, body wash, a wash ball/pouf thing, a razor, tongue scraper, soap inside a saver, and a plastic cup. It fit all this rather well and stretched just a bit. The rubber band that is included to keep the thing folded up is too big, though. I just use two binder clips if I ever need to fold it up.

The drain hole is not exactly the most effective, and placing it on its side will probably dry it faster.

The few downsides are that the larger caddies often come with their own integrated soap dish and things like that, but I'll do without.

Good product. Hopefully it will last.
on July 20, 2011
I'm very fond of my little green shower tote. I've had this tote for three years now and it still serves as my shower caddy, but here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Holds EVERYTHING. I have never had the issue of too little space.
- Folds up for when you don't need it (like moving day), which is really really really handy.
- Can hang it from something easily, though it sticks out a lot since it is slightly rigid.
- Very durable for something collapsible-- has never torn, ripped, or otherwise shown any real weaknesses in my usage.
- Very lightweight, which also helps on moving day.

Cons:
- After about 1.5 years (I think), my caddy started to rust. The little metal ring around the hole in the bottom has now rusted through and the lovely red-brown color is seeping through the fabric. No functionality has been lost yet, just aesthetics.
- The bottom is solid fabric with a tiny hole to drain. This is good for carrying things but REALLY bad for draining water. There have been times where I had to turn my caddy sideways and drain it after a shower.
- Because of its vertical shape, I sometimes have to dig for things.