Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SEBO FELIX Fun Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Model 9803AM
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on October 17, 2013
Our Sebo cleans very thoroughly and runs quietly. Our cleaning person arrives every other Wednesday morning and she can't wait to turn on the Sebo. Our two cats deposit a significant amount of cat hair on the carpets and on the two chairs that they use. The Sebo runs through it like it's nothing and leaves a really clean surface. It does run a little warm but that doesn't bother us.
I would recomment this to anyone who doesn't mind spending the money for a quality product.
on June 21, 2016
Roughly 20 years ago I was looking for a new vacuum cleaner. I'd burned through 2 Hoovers and I was sick of spending a couple hundred dollars and having my vacuum cleaner lose suction within a few years time. Repairing them didn't seem to help much. This was in the early days of the Internet and I don't believe Amazon existed yet, but I researched vacuums extensively and discovered this German-made model which I decided I had to have. I don't remember how I convinced my husband to let me spend $550 on one vacuum, and to pay to have it shipped from a small vacuum shop in New York...but I did, and even he has to admit now it was one of the best purchases we've ever made.

We have a large house and I'm obsessed with clean floors...probably because I go barefoot inside...but we've purchased other vacuums through the years. We have 2 main uprights now..the Sebo which is kept on the first floor of the main living space...and it's the most frequently used of the 3. The reason I keep it there is because we have a lot of beautiful deep mahogany colored floors (I think they are really cherry) and this vacuum is the only one I allow on all the wood floors. The main reasons are because the rubber wheels are soft and pliable so there's no potential to scratch the wood. Also there's a button that, when pressed, lifts the beater bar...when it's down there's a big green light showing it's down. Those are my main reasons. I don't let anyone use this in entry way areas where we have a lot of outdoor foot traffic because I've always been worried that little rocks might get stuck in the soft rubber wheels and scratch my floors. Whether or not my fear is rational is unknown.

One of the other 2 main vacuums is a Dyson we keep in the basement. We have a large living space down there that it works well for...but it got moved from a main floor because I could never remember how to turn it on. And then how to lower the handle...etc...you get the idea! We have to keep the user guide close by. It's really big, heavy and bulky to carry around too. Unlike the Felix which is so light I can easily carry it with one hand. We've had it for maybe 10 years and the suction is still good...but it is pretty banged up because it's so big it bumps into a lot of things while using!

The 3rd main vacuum is a Bissell...I've had good luck with Bissells too over the years. They definitely last longer than Hoovers. The one I have is huge...and I've had in it maybe 5 years. We keep it on the 2nd floor for vacuuming bedrooms, which are all carpeted. It's bagless I think and and its size is a problem...but I think I was looking for one that had a very wide cleaning range...this one is 15"...thinking it would take less passes to clean a room. So the size problem is probably of my own making.

We also have a little Shark Navigator that's rechargeable that we got at te same time as the Bissell. I keep it in a closet by the back door where all the outdoor to indoor foot traffic occurs, so I can keep my Felix in great condition for preserving my beautiful floors. Our work floors are about 20 years old too and still look amazing! If my husband and I are both vacuuming (a rare occurrence) we fight over who gets to use the Felix.

The reasons I love this Felix so much I'm considering getting another one are:

1. It's super lightweight and agile, yet still feels solid and well built. But because it it's agility you can vacuum an area faster and it's actually fun to vacuum with too!!!
2. The motor operates at variable speeds. The button to turn it on is a slider, so it can operate at innumerable different levels...I think it was a few years before I ever realized this!
3. The cord is very long...maybe 30 feet...so I can vacuum most of the 1st floor without having to constantly switch outlets.
4. The combination of an easy to raise beater bar along with the big green light telling you when it's down is inavluable to me.
5. It's cool looking!
6. It's pretty quiet.
7. We can get it serviced locally now. Back when I first bought it I was worried about this aspect...but then it never needed servicing, so it because a non-issue. Maybe 10 years ago a cleaning lady broke a little rubber doohickey off the cord. It wasn't needed but it bugged me so I found a place locally that could get and replace the part.
8. It uses bags. I'm not a big fan of bagless vacuums because emptying them is so messy. The bags are not cheap...I forget how much they are, but it's not cheap as far as bags go. That's because the filter unit is part of the bag I think. But the good news here is that they don't need to be change very often. And by often I mean years. We maybe replace the bag every 2 years. I don't know what the recommended time is but it's,supposed to be cleaning person's responsibility...and she always forgets. It doesn't negatively impact suction nor does it seem to impact longevity since we've had it 20 years!
9. I love that I can now buy this from SEBO direct through Amazon!

About the Parquet Floor Head

This vacuum comes 2 ways. I think the one I got was called the Feliz Fun Kombi...or something like that. It has the standard vacuum head only. I did have the option to buy the parquet floor head too and think that I did...but it was back ordered for a long time before it arrived. By a long time I'd say maybe 6 months. I essentially bought this vacuum for my new wood floors but also for general purpose use too. We used it the 1st 6 months and realized we had no real need for the parquet attachment...but either the New Uor store wouldn't let me canel it or I just forgot about it...when it came I tried it out, and it's fine...but really the main vacauum head is so good I just never use it. Is not cheap as I recall...but it is easy to switch out with the main one. I just never do so if you get one I'd just go with the regular version because then you have a beater bar if you want it. Other than no beater bar, the only other advantage I can see to the parquet head is that it's smaller and probably even more agile than the regular one...but trust me when I say that agility is not an issue!

I've added a photo of my parquet head because in reading other reviews I realized that there are now more than one of those that are sold for these vacuums. Also, you can see some of our wood flooring in it. I forgot that one more reason I love SEBO, is because it's the vacuum they use at the White House!

I'm kind of obsessed with vacuums and have written more about the SEBO as well as our other vacuums on my blogs. I'm not sure if this will work but here's a link to one of the articles...which in turn links to the other: [...]
review image review image