Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Feit Electric PL13/41/MP 13-Watt PL Compact Fluorescent Bulb, Cool White, 4 Pack
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2012
I bought this product as a less expensive option to Ottlite replacement bulbs. These emit a noticeably more yellow light vs. the Ottlite 'white' light. I do not know how this will contribute to eyestrain, but for now the savings are considerable.

UPDATE: The first bulb failed after 45 days. It became noticably dimmer and began to flicker as they do when they need replacing. The original Ottlight bulb lasted almost three years. 45 days suggests it is defective.

Update II: All 4 of these bulbs failed within 3 months. If I could reduce the evaluation to zero stars, I would. These bulbs were never bright, and in the end, I consider them garbage at any price.

Update III: I junked the Feit bulbs and bought the Sunlight brand here instead. The quality is significantly better: bright white light instead of the darker yellowish tint of Feit. I get the impression that all these less expensive Ottlite wannabe 13W bulbs are made in the same Chinese factory, but Feit is selling 2nds that were discarded by the manufacturer.
on September 23, 2009
We'd been looking for white-light fluorescent bulbs for a while, and this is the cheapest per bulb we could find. We changed all the yellow-ish bulb in our house, and we are satisfied.
on March 28, 2013
I have needed to replace one of the bulbs in my kitchen fixture for a while now but due to my disability I am unable to get to the stores (which are all "mega") around here to get one. I was happy to find this 4 pack at Amazon but the price seems a bit on the high side. Maybe its because it has been a couple years since I purchased these but I can remember getting them for under $2 each before. Non the less I am happy with the product, it works great and if need be I would purchase them again.
on October 9, 2013
I bought this junk as back up to the lamp bulb that came in the swing arm desk lamp I ordered. The OEM bulb lasted about 8 months and fell apart when I removed it from the socket. I plugged in my 1st of this 4 pack, it flickered and I heard it trying to light that is most common to a fluorescent light, then it caught and lit. The light was as bright as the oem. The problem is, it lasted 2 days. Inserting the 2nd bulb in the pack and it wouldn't light at all. On to the 3rd light in the pack and it wouldn't light until I tapped it lightly with my fingers. The light is so dim its barely 7 watts much less the advertised 13. I've checked other sources online and this lamp sells for 4.85 EACH. What kind of quality is expected when 4 are sold for 8.95? I use the word junk only because I can't use the adjective that fits this product!
on September 12, 2011
I will be ordering again from this supplier. The pr[[ASIN:B000KKLOS2 Feit Electric PL13/41/MP 13-Watt PL Compact Fluorescent Bulb, Cool White, 4 Pack Product and price totally met my expectations.
on September 18, 2012
For less than the price of 1 bulb from the manufacture of my trouble lamp, or the price of 2 single bulbs from other Amazon sellers, I now have 4 perfectly good bulbs.

The light is white enough for me. The color is a function of the light's temperature. These are rated at 4100 K. I did not notice any yellowing at all using these.

They came packaged so well that my postal person couldn't even break them... just kidding mail lady.
on February 24, 2011
Please note that I've changed my opinion of this item. After much further investigation, I've decided that the failure of these bulbs to work, as I've noted below, was caused by a faulty lamp, NOT the bulbs. In all fairness, I've changed my rating to a "medium" three-stars -- not because I think the bulbs were either good or bad but, because of the lamp failure, I've not been able to determine much of anything. I would have removed this review entirely, but I fear others may have read it and been negatively influenced by my initial one-star rating. Keep this in mind while reading the following original review:
======================================

I read a reference to these bulbs by another reviewer who pointed out that they were a much cheaper replacement for OttLite lamps than the Ottlite Brand bulbs. Indeed, they were, so I ordered this pack of four.

Upon receiving them, I tried them out. The form factor seems identical to the original OttLite bulb, but all four failed to work. One of them made a bright momentary flash when I turned the lamp on, and then nothing at all after that. The other three managed to produce an orange glow when turned on, with repeated bright flashes at the base, as the ballast tried to fire them. One of them, after a rather long period of time, actually fired and gave off the expected amount of white light. However, after removing it and trying it again later, it failed to fire, producing only the orange glow. Despite repeated attempts, I was never able to get any of them to get past the orange glow stage again.

At several points during these tests, I re-inserted the original OttLite bulb, which turned on immediately with no problem, so I don't think the ballast was the problem. If anybody has any idea about what could be wrong, I would like to hear it. Meanwhile, I think I've just thrown away over $10 on some completely useless bulbs, more proof that you often get what you paid for. I'd be interested in knowing if anybody else has had better luck using these bulbs specifically in OttLite lamps. My lamp is a model GX7825, 120V 60Hz 13W.
on July 28, 2014
sooooo happy to have found these replacement bulbs for my craft lamp. i was sort of freaking out because my last bulb went out, got on Amazon, found a great deal on the bulbs and had them in no time. and of course they work excellently. if you have never tried these type of bulbs, please try them. you see everything clearly and exactly the color it should be, so when doing crafts or especially painting, it gives you a true light, excellent to work under. would highly recommend giving these a try.
on October 2, 2011
I was looking at these bulbs to replace a small aquarium light that the seller did not have replacements for. I looked at these online, and after a few unsuccessful trips to the local Home Depot and Lowes, I took a chance. The stores only had 9watt at the correct length, which I learned is directly related to the wattage. These fit perfectly, had the right lighting spectrum and were easy to install. A cool white light and a simple pop in. Can't beat the price for a pack of 4 either.
on August 30, 2013
I like these bulbs and they work fine for my light fixture...identical PL13/27K light as I had before. From what I've read, these may not work properly for electronic (e.g. Ottlite) ballast fixtures. Also, I'm a bit worried but, I expect a couple/few years of use although others have noted a very short life. I will update my review if I have any problems.

For now I am happy with these bulbs. I'm not happy with River Road (seller) for changing the price often, sometimes more than once a day...especially, since by the time I placed my order, the price went up a couple of bucks the short time these lights were in my shopping cart.