Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on March 31, 2008
This Power Adapter for the Brother P-Touch 1280 works well, has a long (6+ feet) power cord, and doesn't introduce noise problems to other equipment. The real beauty of it is that it eliminates the need for batteries, therby significantly reducing operating cost. It's a good device, and relative speaking, a greener way to go.
on December 3, 2008
I attempted to use rechargable batteries in the label maker but was constantly required to recharge them unless I used the label maker more frequently. Getting an AC Adapter resolved the problem. I still have the option to use batteries for convenience but the adapter saves on time and frustration. Works great!
on October 18, 2012
This is not the product displayed as power adapter for P-touch. The picture displayed says the adapter is made by "Brother" who is the maker of my P-touch. It is not. It is made by some generic company I never heard of. If I wanted generic junk I would have went to the dollar store. It looks nothing like it. It does not fit the connection unless you force it. After you force it on still does not work. No power to my P-touch at all. I am very disapointed.
55 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
Ordered the standard AD24 Brother power adapter directly from Amazon but received a Brother AD-24-ES which is significantly smaller (3" x 1 7/8" x 1 1/4") and lighter than what's described on the website. Appears to work fine thus far. 6' cord is a big advantage for flexibility.
on March 30, 2013
The P-Touch requires 7-9v. The item tested as labeled (at 12v output). The polarity is also correct but when I plug it into the P-Touch, the P-Touch shuts off and will not turn back on. I am left with no other choice but to continue to use the P-Touch with batteries.
on June 7, 2010
It could have been just my rechargeable batteries, but man... my P-touch would go through batteries like crazy. This adapter is a necessity! I wish this had already came with the labeler to begin with, but I'll take what I can get. The cord is quite long, which makes it easy to work with. If you don't already have this, you have to get it! I can't believe I waited so long.
on March 25, 2013
Power Adapter for P-touchDIDN'T WORK WITH PT-1880. THOUGHT IT WAS THE WRONG PRODUCT AS THE LABEL MAKER IS 9V AND THE CHARGER GOES UP TO 14 VOLTS.
on May 5, 2009
i am soooo glad i found it for a reasonable amount of money. Brother charges like $30 and i found it much cheaper here. it works fine. no surprises.
on May 29, 2014
I ordered this as a replacement for the adapter that failed. I read the reviews and even though there were several warnings as to fit for the product I still ordered it. Well as warned it did not fit the purpose, as it did not apply power to the labeler. It was putting out the proper voltage, it just did not fit the receptacle properly to allow the current to reach the circuit board. So if you order this device make sure to save your old plug, cut off the one on the new power supply and wire your old one on. Then it will work.
on November 24, 2014
Use for Brother P-Touch PTD200.

As much as I HATED buying this (a power chord should have been included!) it works fine. Chord is pretty short, something like 3ft, so it's a little annoying in that regard. You need to sit next to an outlet. I was about to throw my Brother label maker away because it eats up batteries even when it's turned off. Very frustrating and major design flaw. I went through 5 sets of AAA batteries.

I tried three other AC power adapters from other devices I had sitting around the house. They all had the same plug. None of them worked. Machine wouldn't turn on. Same plug, but I guess a slightly different amp output. So it was either spend another $10 for the "Brother" AC power adapter or go buy a new label machine all together. Out of principle I wanted to throw this away and not support Brother for such a flawed product design. But logic got the better of me. I don't the label machine all that much, so I gave this a try and so far it works.

Hopefully Brother will include a power chord with their label makers in the future (and fix the battery issue). Otherwise for the sake of a couple extra bucks they create a situation where consumers end up hating the brand. I won't recommend Brother in the future. But if you're unlucky enough to have one of these label makers already, then this will work.