Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 26, 2011
The taste of it is quite good, but it's not like the real Hungarian Gyulai. That one is a dry sausage, this one is not dry at all. But still better than any of the American sausage that I've found around.
on June 27, 2013
...but it's not hot.

I don't know why they put that on the label, but they do. Knowing that I have a palate that is rather impervious to spicy foods, I have forced many terrified, spicy food avoidant friends to try gyulai and they all love it and never has anyone said it was hot. It is a poor translation - it is spicy, as in there is a lot of flavoring spice in the meat and none of them will make your tongue tingle.

The flavor is slightly smoky and not too salty. The meat is not fatty or gristly or too greasy. I think of it more like a salami-pepperoni hybrid than a sausage but it's very versatile - cook with it, make a sandwich with it, take it on a road trip, put it in your pocket and go for a walk...
on June 19, 2014
I know I am super picky with these items as one born and raised on this stuff, but even my american hubby could tell this kolbasz was off a bit. Do not get me wrong, the sausage is not a bad attempt, but to call it a Gyulai to say the least is a trademark infringement. It is better than anything in our grocery stores and the flavor is not bad at all. It is just not the real thing that's all.
on October 16, 2013
I don't think that amazon .com is the right place to purchase this items. I purchased the same brand but it's shipped from two different facilities that's two shipments. The first shipment arrived via USPS ahead of time and it taste old ! The shipping charge is $5 for an $8 sausage not cheap for something that does not taste like it should. The second shipment was supposed to arrive today via FEDEX , but did not make it! The charge for shippingGyulai Smoked Sausage-Mild, approx. 0.8lb is $10 for the three pair of sausage ,way too expensive. will not buy this rom amazon again!!!
on December 23, 2012
While this sausage is not quite the same item as its namesake Gyulai kolbász from Hungary, since it is not a dry sausage, it is nevertheless quite delicious, with the overall flavoring very similar to the original. Fans of drier sausages can just store it in the fridge unwrapped for a few days to get an end result very close to the real Gyulai. I however like its consistency as it comes in the packaging, and have been enjoying this great product for years in lieu of real Hungarian made kolbász (smoked sausage) in the US. People with sensitive palates may want to try the mild version of this sausage, although I find the hotness of this variety fairly timid.
on September 12, 2015
My husband loved them, too hot for me
on April 2, 2015
Thank you! Love it!
on January 7, 2016
Delicious!
on March 17, 2015
aok
on January 31, 2014
This salami was as good as the original Gyulai in Hungary. I am gald it is now available in the US.