Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on August 8, 2007
I got this the other day and I am pleased with it already. It takes an SD card so you better plan on getting a 2 gig or 1 gig at the lowest.

The default format is to record at 640x480 at 30fps. Quality is good for this type of hand held camera. Built in stabilization makes for easy handling. Also the Low Light capability is awesome. If you know you are going to be filming at night, just change an option to shoot in night mode. Not the normal night mode that some camera's have but this one boosts the sensitivity so you can get some footage.

As for the Picture taking, or audio books, I haven't used it for that but so far I like this a lot.

I would give it 5 stars but I haven't used it enough to rate it that high. Easy to use though.
on December 31, 2007
I bought this for my Grandaughter and she just loves it.This does it all(and pretty well to)you can do video,stills,mp3's,voice record,hell you can even use it as a web cam.For the money this is the best product out there.I'm thinking about getting me one.Great product Jazz.
on July 26, 2007
Jazz DV150 is a pleasant to hold, pocket sized video/still/audio recorder. Easy to use. Images are blocky, definitely a step down from other camera. But fine to carry around in my purse in case a photo op comes along. Uploading to my iMac easy. Software that came with it for PC only and is very complex.
With a large enough SD card I could use it to show off my videos to my friends.
A friend has two of these cameras mounted side by side and take 3D video with them. Impressive use.
on November 13, 2011
This camera was inexpensive so I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by its performance, and a few years ago it would have been considered a high-quality video recorder. Its not HD, its VGA, so don't think you'll be getting video up to today's standards. However, it performs really well in lower light and the audio quality is rather good too. Its easy to use, fast, and the battery life is pretty good.
on January 12, 2012
Easy to carry and easy to use.
Would help if instructions were on the outside of the package.
Bought them as gifts & my 85 year old Mother called & asked how to use it. Since the one I have is 10 years old (yes they last that long) I had no clue as to the new stuff....
Did not want to open the others until I could give them out. Alas, they all had to wait until Christmas to learn how.. They all worked just fine
on August 8, 2010
I recently purchased one of these little camera/camcorders from Big Lots for 25.00, half price special, and it is the best investment for so little money that I have made lately. Although it don't have the quality and features of some of the more expensive models, it is well worth the money. It takes great pictures and not to shabby videos. It is very simple to operate and small enough to drop in your pocket. I would most definately buy it again.
on February 9, 2010
bought this for both my daughter and wife for Christmas and birthday Presents...Takes great pics, fun to use camera..the mp3 part is not as intuitive asI would've hoped..but all in all, great value for money.
on August 13, 2010
It was 25 bucks at big lots. Wow, cheap huh? Tv can be deceiving in quality.The only reason I got it was because the other jazz model would not work. Nice omen. I followed the directions and junk, regardless, it locked up. I tried again, then I noticed the screen was scratched. The quality isn't worth even 10 bucks. Get this, when you get locked up (every time) it will not let you power off. Perhaps it was to not accedently turn off. Overall, its junk.
on May 19, 2009
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.... PICTURE QUALITY IS AS GOOD AS A CELL PHONE.
ALSO IT IS HARD TO USE ZOOM AND OTHER FUNCTIONS WHILE TAKING VIDEO. THEY
TRIED TO HAVE IT TAKE THE PLACE OF ALL OTHER ELECTRONICS EXCEPT A CELL PHONE. SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY BUY THE FLIP VIDEO. AND GIVE THE JAZZ DV150 TO A KID FOR THEM TO PLAY WITH.
on February 11, 2010
This review is mainly a review of the seller because they pulled a switch and bait and never sent me this camcorder. Instead "Big Seller" sent me a different model. I research quite a bit before I buy any electronics and the specs on the box didn't match up to what I was expecting. I guess because it was the same color and brand they figured I wouldn't notice. It would have been more acceptable if "Big Seller" had notified me ahead of time then just send me a different product days before Christmas gift giving. On top of that I noticed a ripped off Christmas name tag on the back of the box that was shipped to me. Obviously the seller didn't want to keep the camcorder I was sent either (from the land of misfit toys). Anyhoot I complained right away and to "Big Seller's" credit I was given a full refund including return shipping, but what a hassle. I would have liked to have tried this camcorder out held it in my hands and see if the mp3 player in the unit and video quality was at least decent. I think my nephews would have really liked it for Christmas...instead I had to scramble around to replace this item. So much for research!

See 1 answered question