Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 12, 2008
I was very excited when I found this product. However, when I started using it, my mood changed quickly. I am not doubting that the UV light is killing germs. But the toothbrushes never dry. They are wet in the morning from the night before, and they are wet at night from the morning. Nothing can be wet 24/7 and remain germ-free. I tried returning this item for my money back, and was told no due to sanitary reasons. itouchless has terrible customer service. I would seriously not recommend this product if you seriously want to kill the germs on your brushes.
33 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2010
Love the concept and design of this. We have four people in our family, 2 with electric toothbrushes, and a small bathroom with one outlet that is not even close to the sink. So needless to say I needed a sanitizer that was battery operated and compact enough that it would not fall over. Bought this and loved it BUT water collects at the bottom of the tray and even though I rinse the tray DAILY the water that stays behind starts to turn color. The way the tray is formed prevents you from completely cleaning and drying the tray. I've used towels, a baby toothbrush, even my hand held steamer to try to properly clean this yet there is always water at the bottom. The toothbrush heads lay in this water - dirty water. So although the UV rays are killing the germs, my toothbrushes are not sanitized because it sits in the tray with dirty leftover water. 1 star for great concept and works well, I just wish there was a way to clean the tray better.
on October 7, 2007
This is really a neat idea! We have a UV light on our well system so I know that it kills bacteria very effectively. This seems like a pretty good idea. However, UV lights kill via exposure so any part of the toothbrush that isn't bathed in light, will not be sanitized. I turn my toothbrush several times & run additional cycles.
The four slots are perfect for our 4 person family. It is very easy to use! But I won't give it 5 stars as I suspect it isn't a thorough cleaner - you might be better off using mouthwash or something that will kill the bacteria better but this is very convenient, not messy & even the kids can use it!
on November 9, 2009
It seems like a good idea, but the moisture stays inside the container and mold forms very quickly unless you're taking it apart and cleaning it daily.
on February 10, 2011
I am very unhappy with the quality of this product. The bottom started rusting where the battery compartment is. Even with constant cleaning the product would develop a bad smell. I thought my family could benifit from this product, but we did not.
on February 10, 2008
I bought one, the light sometimes came on, sometimes didn't. So, I exchanged it. That one's performance was even more sporadic. I returned it and bought the Sunbeam, which I'm VERY happy with.
on October 17, 2008
Please do not buy it, it is simply not working after a while.

I may have to buy more expensive one, I guess that you get what you pay for!
on July 14, 2008
I went for this model because it's cordless, we don't have an outlet near the medicine cabinet where we keep the brushes so it made sense. I agree with the previous review, there is always a pile of moisture inside the removeable tray, how can there not be bacteria present? The batteries died very fast even though my husband and I are the only users. I thought this was strange so I went and got rechargeable batteries, have to recharge them once a week. Then, after only 2 months, the UV bulb blew out. Now I don't know where to find a replacement bulb. I quit! Should have paid a little more for a better model.
on March 29, 2013
I used the iTouchless UV Toothbrush Holder/Sanitizer in an experiment in my medical bacteriology lab this last week. I used a toothbrush that I have been personally using for the last month that has been sanitized using this device after every brushing and a toothbrush that I used once without sanitizing it as a control. I removed the heads from both toothbrushes and added them to 30 mL of saline solution in two separate tubes, then vortexed these tubes for 30 seconds. I added .1 mL of each saline solution to separate Tryptic Soy Agar and MacConkey Agar growth media plates. (MacConkey is a specific growth media for coliforms). I grew these plates for 48 hours at 37 degrees Celsius.

For the toothbrush that I used as a control, there were at least three kinds of bacterial growth on the TSA plate and none on the MacConkey Agar (it's important to close your toilet lids before you flush to prevent spray rich in coliforms from hitting every surface of your bathroom).

For the toothbrush that I have been using and sanitizing 2-3 daily for a month before the experiment, I got absolutely no growth on either media plate!
on May 31, 2007
There is a 7 minutes auto shutoff timer for easy operation. So far the batteries are still working fine. My 2 kids and husband love it. I would recommend it to everyone especially if you have kids.