Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LG Bluetooth Headset HBM-730
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 20, 2007
My brother bought this headset for me a little over a month ago. At first I loved it. I ranted and raved about it, until the 30th day or so when it would not power up! I kept trying and trying, I figured maybe my outlet had a short or something. I didn't want to thinkn it was my new headset. It finally powers up and I am in love again! Well now, it continuously disconnects itself from my phone. I have to try connecting it again and I get "connection failed", I try it again and it connects just fine. The only problem now is that I can't hear anything once my call is connected. I am very disappointed and I am past my return time on the item. I don't recommend this item at all.

It is lightweight and very compact also when it works, the clarity is excellent but that is a big WHEN.
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2007
I have used a number of bluetooth headsets. If you want to see how this one stacks up, see my reviews of the Motorola HS850 and H700, Jabra BT250v and BT350v, Plantronics 320 Explorer for reference. Now let's consider this headset in terms of the four key performance categories: pairing, sound quality, ease of use, and comfort.

Pairing - This is a pretty straightforward process and works like most headsets these days where you hold down the multi-function button until it stays on constantly (about 6-8 seconds). I paired this with both an LG VX-9400 and LG VX-9900 (see my reviews). With both phones, there were no issues in pairing upon the first attempt.

Sound Quality - I found that with both phones that the sound quality was pretty good. It does seem that there the volume level takes a slight dip with initiating a call, but it is usually back up to the desired level before the other person answers their phone. With this headset having an in ear speaker, the person on the other line should not get any echo as is often the case with other headsets. I thought that I was able to hear clearly without maxing out the volume which has not always been the case with other headsets I've used. Also worthy of note, this was the only headset that I used that performed well with the LG VX-9400.

Ease of Use - This is one area where the headset has a clear weakness. The multi-function button is flush with the surface on the side of the headset, and it can require more pressure than I would like in order to initiate voice dialing. My wife tried the headset for a while, but she kept having the button get bumped in her purse and turn on unintentionally. She wound up missing some calls as a result, and she's using the Jabra BT350v now as a result.

Comfort - I have to say that the headset is average in this area. The thin wire earhook has the benefit of not causing pain, but it is so flexible that the headset doesn't stay in place very well. If I didn't wear glasses, it would constantly be falling off. Even with glasses, though, it moves around a lot causing the speaker to rub on the inside of my ear. While the thinner earhook is a good concept, I think that something a little less flexible would hold the headset in place better resulting in better overall fit and comfort.
on September 13, 2007
I purchased this for myself a few months ago, and bought another for my husband after his larger Jabra headset stopped working. This is so lightweight that you barely know it's in your ear, and you can wear it on either ear quite easily. The best part is that the sound quality is not only very clear to the user, but the person on the other end can't tell it's a headset, since it sounds as clear or better than a landline conversation. Its echo cancellation and noise suppression technology must be doing the trick, since the sound quality is exceptional. It is quick to charge too, and the light turns off when it's charged...a plus to my color-blind husband who can't tell red from green like other chargers.
I am very happy with my purchase, and I highly recomment this headset.
on August 27, 2007
I originally tried the Motorola headset & returned it because it was too floppy on my ear. But I love this LG because it has an earbud that fits into your ear & stays very secure & is comfortable. Sound quality is good on both ends - loud enough for me plus sounds good to others. The other nice thing about this product is it's compatibility. I use it with my LG VX8600 & am able to use the same car charger for both the phone & headset - very convinent!!! I would suggest this product - it works great!!!
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2007

on December 29, 2014
The battery drained fast. The ear piece broke off quickly. Only got about three months of use out of it. This is not a good lg headset. I have purchases 4 lg headsets including this one. One is still working great after almost 3 years and it is older than this version. I would not buy this lg headset hbm-730 again, I will still stick with the same brand for headsets because this brand has always worked great. This was the only exception.
on December 22, 2012
The company sent me the wrong product, then I contacted them and they sent me the correct product but it was broken. Then I returned both products they had sent me and after waiting approx. 30 days I received the correct product but it will
not charge or turn on. I give up and hope never to do business with them again. I had asked for my money back but the insisted I would receive a working unit. But it did not happen.
on January 16, 2008
This is the clearest, easiest to use Bluetooth headset I've found! We liked it so much for my husband that we bought this one for me! Long battery life, too....with only minimal usage, I haven't had to charge mine in over a month! My husband uses his quite frequently, though I wouldn't call his usage heavy; he charges his every two weeks or so. With the ear gels, it fits very comfortably in the ear, and doesn't even fall out when my 2-year-old bats at it! All in all, a wonderful headset.
on February 24, 2007
I tried several BT headsets and settled on this one. It is very light and rides comfortably on my ear all day, day after day. I have big ears (call me jughead) and many of the headsets I tried didn't aim the speaker into my ear canal. This one adjusts so that it fits perfectly. It synchs up with my Treo as soon as I turn it on.

The only complaints I have are that occasionally it seems to lose and regain connection with the phone for a few seconds and that the charger seems a little big for such a small headset.

My wife has a Motorola h700 and this one is lighter, smaller and sounds clearer than hers. I'd buy this one again if I needed to.
on February 17, 2008
I bought this headset in the summer to use when driving or talking long distance. It wasn't for everyday use and it seemed to work just fine. I had little to no trouble with it until this November when I was traveling. I used it on a ten hour total car trip: on the way there it was just fine but coming home it kept dropping the call back to the handset and beeping at a horridly annoying volume in my ear. I had to take it off and just use the regular phone, which was inconvenient but doable.

Upon returning home I took both it and the phone to my cellphone provider where I had purchased both. They told me I needed a handset Bluetooth software upgrade. It took almost an hour to do it, but the headset worked afterwards. Unfortunately, the next day when I tried it again it refused to connect or would tell me the connection was busy. I still cannot get it to reconnect and will try to take it back to the dealer yet again. I doubt they'll take it back at this point, though.

My advice: DON'T BUY IT. Read reviews and find one that works for the long haul.

See 1 answered question