Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on December 23, 2007
Highs: B+
Mids: B+
Bass: B
Skype: A

These headsets are not all that great for music or gaming. They have good overall sound reproduction, very clear across all frequencies but they lack punch. They do just fine when used for TV shows, some movies and casual music.

The main reason I got them is for Skype, since they have a great mic. There is no way a person on the other end can tell it is a VOIP call.

The other issue being, they feel like they are pressing against your ears and you will start adjusting them again and again after a while and that becomes irritating.

For: Skype, TV Shows, Casual Music

Not For: Bass, Serious music lovers & gamers
on November 30, 2007
The sound quality on this headset is very good. The only problem is comfort level of this headset. Like the other reviewer, I find the headset presses or squeezes your head rather tightly. I can only wear it for about an hour or two.

Not a bad buy for the price but I recommend you spend a bit more for the Sennheiser PC150 or PC160 series. They are lot more comfortable.
on October 24, 2007
I actually purchased this for a WoW friend who did not have a headset. I use a more expensive Sennheiser model. But my buddy says this is a fantastic headset and is very, very pleased with it. The only negative I could mention is that my headset tends to hurt my ears after a few hours of wear but the sound quality is perfect and the ease of use is definitely "there".
on January 23, 2012
I have to say that I'm very impressed with the durability of this headset considering its price. I ordered mine from Amazon in April 2006 and I still use them on a daily basis. The only thing that wore out is the foam pads after about 3 years of use, but that's no big deal because you can order some replacement pads on eBay for $4.

If you use this headset for music on your computer, the sound quality is very good assuming you have a high-quality sound card. As you can expect from a small driver and open headphones, the bass lacks the punch you would expect from bigger headphones.

As for the microphone, I use this mostly for Skype and Yahoo and everyone says they can listen to me just fine, no muffled sound as you would expect from cheap mics. The noise-cancelling seems to be doing its job because they don't hear any echo.

The 3-meter cable is great, you can literally walk around your desk without pulling your head back. Plus the volume/mute switch is always within reach.

Honestly, this is the first time I have a headset that last me more than 2 years. This April will be my 6th year with this one, and other than the foam pads, it seems like they're going to last a few more years.

I highly recommend this headset for occasional VOIP or compressed music (MP3, WMA, etc) use on your computer. If you want better quality for uncompressed music (CD, DVD, BluRay) or for recording speech, then this is NOT the headset for you.
on June 7, 2012
My primary use for these is teamchat for online games. In that context the sound quality is excellent from both the microphone and the headset. My buddy immediately heard the difference in the clarity of my voice in his headset. That's coming from a Logitech wireless set that is adequate but uncomfortable after awhile. These Sennys are much easier on the ears and still comfortable after a few hours. You can use them for music too. They're ok for that but no match for a real headphone like the HD600. If you want extremely good sound quality look up in the Sennheiser line. For grins I plugged this headset into my Little Dot Mk III tube headphone amp. Certainly better than the driver built into my keyboard but nothing like the 600. If you like it loud you might look elsewhere because while they get loud enough to cause hearing damage with continuous use, they're sort of limited when plugged into the computer. With the tube amp they'll rock out but the USB driver built into my keyboard just didn't have the drive voltage for that. Fine for communications. They're a little bit flimsy. If you're rough with them I expect they'll break. The connectors aren't very robust either. I expect I'll by soldering new ones on in a few years. I would give 3 stars for these things but I went with 4 because of their high sound quality versus the low price.

Sennheiser forgot to identify which side is left/right. The side with the microphone is the left side.
on January 5, 2012
Note: I browsed through literally hundreds of ~30$ headsets on amazon and other sites, reading reviews etc looking for one that wouldn't break in a week but also have good quality. These are it.

These headphones are great for people on a budget. For 20 bucks you can't get much better. The sound quality is pretty good, and the mic works as advertised. I use these to play video games and they are definitely a step up from iPod ear buds! As for the reviewers who say that this headset is very uncomfortable, that's because they haven't adjusted them. Although its not very obvious at first (its somewhat hidden), you can change the "height" of the headset. At the default height it is VERY uncomfortable, but when adjusted I barely notice that they are on top of my head!
on June 20, 2013
I use these for voice chat on the PC for mumble and ventrilo and wear them around my neck. They are fairly comfortable in that position, not too big and the mic is good quality. I wish they didn't have an in-line mute because I accidentally mute myself on occasion. For the price, the quality is excellent and if I can't find a mic that will fit around my neck without a headset attached, I will buy these again when I eventually destroy them.
on August 6, 2014
This headset works fine for basic function; the sound quality is good, the microphone works well enough, the mute switch works, and the volume control is easy to use. I bought this headset so I could use the microphone with a language program, but the program's voice recognition was so bad that it is worthless. I still use the headset because the volume control is convenient. The only other issue is that the foam ear piece covers will not stay on. They just fall off and I don't notice it until I put the headset on and realize that it is very uncomfortable. I suppose I should just toss the headset and buy a better set of head phones...
on August 19, 2015
Great sound quality for cheaper headphones and I am told often that my voice sounds crystal clear. Only problems are that they definitely do hurt your ears after about 45 minutes of wearing them (listen to the other reviews), and that one of the ears blew out pretty easily which left me with that annoying crackly sound, making music sound pretty bad. I still do use it for web conferences though, and its hard to tell that the crackly sound is there due to bad mic quality on the other end usually.
on May 26, 2015
Nice light weight headphones. I bought them to use with iphone in my home office, had to purchase apple specific RCA jack adapter but it works great. Folks I speak with say the microphone works very well picking up my voice.

See 1 answered question