Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on September 21, 2009
I purchased this headset because my previous headset broke. I needed something with a low profile, which could be transported in a laptop case without risk of being damaged. After reading the reviews, I elected to purchase this product. When the product arrived, I tried to integrate it with my Windows 7 laptop. This laptop has built-in bluetooth capability, but unfortunately, I could not discover the headset. The bluetooth dongle was able to be plugged into the device, but the drivers failed to install for it. I tried installing the BlueSoleil software included with the headset, but I kept getting an error that indicated I needed a newer version of the software for it to be compatible with Windows 7.

After searching for a while, I was able to find the latest version of BlueSoleil, but the installation failed with Error 183. Even when I tried to run it in Windows XP compatibility, the install failed. After 3 weeks of trying, I have been unable to get this headset working with my laptop.

Another reason I recommend against this product is the design of the headset. Plain and simple, it is not designed for people with long hair or large heads. Since I typically tie my hair up in a low-to-mid ponytail, the headset could not fit comfortably on my head.

Getting support on this product, by the way, is next to impossible. This product is imported, and the Hisonic website is actually for their Karaoke products. I've waited about 10 days for a response from the company regarding updated drivers for the dongle and headset, but with no luck. All around, this product is a bad deal.
on September 17, 2009
First thing, the drivers shipped with these are a joke. They are from 2004 and they don't install with Vista. The drivers that Vista found blue screen when trying to pair. I downloaded the latest BlueSolei but they want me to pay for them. I haven't decided what to do about that yet.

The user's manual is pretty bad. It has instructions on how to pair the headphones with various devices, and they all disagree on how to get the headphones into pairing mode. The website that is in the back of the manual doesn't even list these headphones as something they sell, much less actually give support.

I finally get them paired to my PC. The headphones support two bluetooth profiles: advanced audio, which gives stereo sound and the media controls (play, pause, next/previous track); and a headset profile, which gives mono sound and a microphone. I bought these because I want to listen to stereo music and movies, but also want to use it for gaming; talking to my friends while playing.

The advanced audio functions are wonderful. The sound quality is great. Much better than expected with bluetooth. The controls work with no extra software.

The headset functions are terrible. The sound quality is terrible. The sound is garbled and you can almost make out what is being said. After muting the headset (with the bluetooth driver) it switches back to advanced audio and the same playback is beautiful again. I even tried out a friend's headset that he uses for his cell phone and it sounded fine, so I'm pretty sure it is the headphones that are at fault.

I haven't decided what to do yet. If I was only interested in the stereo playback, I would keep these. Since I really want a headset with a mic too, I am considering sending them back.
on March 3, 2011
So, I purchased this headset because I was wanting to use it on my laptop and desktop. I figured as a bonus, I could use it with my Android. It works pretty well with my Android, even if it's a little annoying to get it connected; if I don't do the steps in the right order I have to pull the battery from my phone to reboot it.
My desktop has Windows 7 Ultimate and my laptop has Vista (I believe it's just the Home version) and I can't get this to work with either.
It was impossible to try and find anyone to support it, heck I can't even find the manufacturers website. The bluetooth dongle that it comes with is garbage, but I did eventually get the drivers loaded on my Windows 7 machine. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but shortly after trying to first load the drivers for the bluetooth dongle (which failed several times), Windows 7 wanted to update. I let it update and also walked away from it for a day. I came back and it wanted another update, I updated it and then after monkeying with it, I was able to get the dongle to install. Yay! BUT, I can't get the headset drivers to install now. It detects the device, but fails out when it attempts to load drivers for it. Boo!
I can't even get the dongle to load on my Vista box, it wanted to me to install some Toshiba bluetooth manager. That POS software clocks out my computer whenever I try to connect the headset to it.
I decided not to return it because I was a little afraid what that process would have been like, plus I liked using it with my phone more than I thought.
I really enjoy the style, I can wear them for typically over an hour before I notice them. Phone calls have been spotty, some calls it worked just fine and others not so much.
So...I would say if you're purpose is to use this with a phone, go for it! If you're wanting to use it with a PC...Um...maybe not.
on May 12, 2011
I have this product it works perfectly on my desktop, laptop, android cell phone and on my iphone 3gs sound quality is excellent in-call sound is high and so is the microphone. Overall excellent product. I might purchase more for my family as gifts; these are comfortable to wear while sleeping as well (listen to music) battery life does last for 10hours (listen to music and using for phone calls) 3hours to fully charge using the wall adapter usb port 4hours to charge (my own experience) on this product, but still I love it.
on August 24, 2008
I use this with my Blackberry Curve. The play/pause/volume and skip controls make listening to my music a breeze and the sound quality is pretty good. Occasionally the sound drops out for a half-second or so, and the controls take a while to get used to.