on July 5, 2009
These phones are TRULY a piece of work (and I DON'T mean that in a favorable light). About 10 days past the return deadline set by Amazon (of course) BOTH phones started a really bad habit of dropping a calls with no warnings whatsoever. No explanation as to why this was happening either, no "low battery warnings" from either phone.....just simply stopped in the middle of calls. They also have VERY lousy reception...always buzzing or fading out, even when you do as instructed and change the channel of the phones. Contacted Uniden for replacements which they sent....AT A COST OF $10 each! And they weren't even the SAME model, they were REFURBISHED, EARLIER models......and I know you folks out there are gonna guess what I'm gonna say next: have had them for about a week and THEY are dropping calls just like the 1st pair. Oh well, a valuable life lesson re-learned: you GET what you PAY for! Gonna spend a little more money and TRY to get a better phone.....but DEFINITELY NOT UNIDEN.....frankly, they are pieces of junk that do nothing but frustrate you and waste your time as well as your hard earned dollars. Gave the phones 1 star, but if I could go lower (say negative) I would.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 5, 2010
I use hearing aids and while this phone is somewhat compatible you have to place the phone to the hearing aid in a very awkward position for it not to cause feedback. This doesn't happen with our GE, VTech cordless phones or the cheapest Motorola cell phone.

While we didn't have terrible reception problems we couldn't use the volume setting past the first level (which is too soft) because it would pick every little bit of noise in the background to the point the caller's voice was drowned out.

The ringer volume is just above the TALK button so it's very easy to have the ringer go off in your face accidentally. Very annoying.

I'd give it away to Goodwill but I'd be embarrassed to.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 5, 2009
This product sucks and so does their customer service. Uniden has gone downhill. I purchased this phone in October and it refused to charge the battery after two months. I bought a replacement battery thinking that it was that. It still wouldn't charge. I called customer service who said I needed a receipt which I didn't keep. I informed them that I bought it from a store, not their company and they said, oh well, nothing we can do. So, now I'm out money for the phone and the replacement battery. It doesn't amount to much money, but it is the principle that they refuse to stand by their product and put crappy and defective products on the market.

Will never buy a uniden product again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations