3 out of 5 stars

on February 15, 2008
Recently gotten into green smoothies. I very much enjoy them and people kept trying to recommend the Vita mix and other 300+ dollar blenders. Well this one makes my green smoothies just fine. However I'm so into the blending smoothie game, I'm not against buying those blenders one day.

Anyways this one blends fine, it's plenty powerful enough, with a high and low speed setting, combined with the 7 blending options. I tend not to run at the super highest speed, cause it makes my drinks have a metal taste to them. If you want to make your blender last and run it high speeds, then pulse blend with the highest speed. Don't run for a long with that speed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Every once in awhile I enjoy a protein shake; so every once in awhile I need a dependable blender. That's where the OSTER 14 SPEED BLENDER comes in. Just put in your ingredients, replace the lid, hold on and mix. 'Tis best to use the intermediate speeds; if you go up on the high end speeds the blender tends to get a little. . .agitated.

This Oster oozes convenience. Easy touch push button controls. A scratch-resistant "glass" jar that you can toss in the dishwasher. The 450 watt motor is more than sufficient (who in the world will be trying to blend their ratchet set, for example?). And although I've never attempted to crush ice, this product does have the stainless steel "Ice Crusher" blade. Maybe it would crush a rib eye, but I'm not going to find out (although I've been known to do wackier things).

So Osterize your shakes, your snacks, your fruit blends, your veggie smoothies, your Milk of Magnesia constitutionals, with the OSTER 14 SPEED BLENDER. Being mixed up can taste good.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 8, 2008
I bought this blender from Sears in March 2008 and returned it today because the motor burned up. I only used it for smoothies. It had an "electric" smell for a few weeks, then smoke came out of it and the motor slowed to a crawl. Not sure if I got a bad one or what.

I do still have an Osterizer Blender that I bought in 1992 that is working great and I have always loved Oster. This burned-motor-purchase was my second Oster blender that I have ever owned. This Osterizer does the same job as this burned-motor one did...only it is still going strong. It is a 10-speed one, but the 10th speed is much "speedier" than the 14th speed of this burned-up Oster.

On a positive note, the glass "jar" and lid is nice. My old one is clear plastic and it isn't so clear anymore because of all those ingredients bumping around in there. It works great, though, so I am not going to complain.

Possible Recommendation:

Today I replaced the broken, burned motor, Oster with a Kitchen Aid 56 oz., die-cast metal base blender. The box says that it is "The most powerful premium blender." It is model numer KSB560. I love it so far...real powerful, large capacity, and enclosed buttons (no liquids can leak inside and it can also clean-up easier).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...