Top critical review
28 people found this helpful
Nice size, sturdy, portable, but opening too small for a hand
on September 8, 2008
I recommend this with reservations.
- Nice size. Holds about 1 cup of salt.
- Matches other Le Creuset items you may have. Elegant appearance.
- Easy to carry around given the knob on top.
- Glazed interior...some people may find the salt clumps. Many salt pigs have an unglazed interior for this reason.
- The opening is too small to allow a medium or large hand to reach in and grab salt easily. A med- or large hand could pinch up some salt, but if you intend to use your hand to get salt, and you have medium to large hands, I would get a salt pig with a larger opening such as the Emile Henry. If you plan to always use a spoon this would not be a problem.