Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: White|Change

on September 8, 2008
I recommend this with reservations.

PRO:
- Nice size. Holds about 1 cup of salt.
- Matches other Le Creuset items you may have. Elegant appearance.
- Easy to carry around given the knob on top.

CON:
- Glazed interior...some people may find the salt clumps. Many salt pigs have an unglazed interior for this reason.
- The opening is too small to allow a medium or large hand to reach in and grab salt easily. A med- or large hand could pinch up some salt, but if you intend to use your hand to get salt, and you have medium to large hands, I would get a salt pig with a larger opening such as the Emile Henry. If you plan to always use a spoon this would not be a problem.
VINE VOICEon February 5, 2009
I absolutely love this salt crock and the cobalt blue goes with the rest of my kitchen. I am one of those people who seldom, if ever, actually measure things, in particular salt, while I am cooking; everything is either a pinch or a dash. This crock works wonderful for my style of cooking. It is heavy enough that I do not need to worry about tipping it and it sure works much better than the little dish I use to use. The workmanship and designed on this is quite good and when necessary, which is seldom, it is very easy to clean. I have other products from this company and have been happy with all of them.
on March 15, 2012
This salt cellar is high quality, a nice size, and looks great on the counter. I was a little surprised at first with the size, I expected it to be closer to the size of my Le Creuset Stoneware Garlic Keeper, Dune but it is a little larger. Turns out the size is perfect for getting my hand in there or even getting a small measuring cup/spoon inside. I saw some reviewers complain that they couldn't get their hand inside to get salt, which is why I thought it would be smaller. I have never had that problem - the opening is quite large. I would buy this again, and would recommend it to others.
on May 7, 2014
I took a cooking class recently, and they told us to keep a ramekin filled with salt by the stove, so it's easy to season your food properly. This is perfect for that, and I love how it protects the salt a little better than an open ramekin. Looks great next to my stove too, since I have other red accents.
on August 9, 2009
I got rid of another salt pot set I had because the opening was far too small for a hand to get into comfortably. I can get my hand fully into this one with no problems, although I haven't tried to grab the salt using my whole hand... just the fingers. I love the way it looks and that it holds more than other salt pots.
on May 7, 2015
Beautiful salt crock. I'm so happy with it, I bought two, I keep on the stove and the other on the kitchen counter. I got the idea from another reviewer. I bought one in Cobalt and the other in Cassis. Comes in handy when preparing food and cooking food. Love both colors!
on April 17, 2013
I like this piece. I do a lot of cooking and salting is very important throughout the stage of cooking. I did give it a four star because I have big hands and it could be an and inch or so wider for me. I have several Le Creuset pieces in my kitchen, and I really like all of them so far. I think they are pricey, but we are paying for the name and quality so go figure. Don't mind so much when it comes to the kitchen.
on March 3, 2011
I bought this salt crock for garlic. Since garlic should not be in an airtight cannister I thought this would be perfect. It works great. I have it on my counter with the open part facing back. Adds color to my kitchen and my garlic is handy without the ugly cloves and stalks showing.
on April 24, 2014
This little crock is perfect. Just fill with kosher salt and leave on your countertop for easy access during cooking. I did not have a problem with the size of the opening. This piece accentuates my Marseille Le Creuset collection wonderfully.
on January 12, 2014
This was our third salt pig, its opening is slightly bigger than the other major brands, but still not big enough and we both have pretty average size hands. We now use as a garlic holder, and ironically, we use a garlic holder as a salt pig. It turns out to be the perfect size!