Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 23, 2007
Using mine since Feb '07, first with a BlackBerry 7100, then with the faster 8100 Pearl. Absolutely fabulous. One particularly useful feature when in other (boroughs or) cities is the finder, which provides all locations of a post office, particular chain, bank branch etc. starting with the nearest, as well as standalone, specific stores, restaurants etc. No unnecessary bells and whistles, its a grown-up GPS in a tiny package. In a pinch, I have even used in on the motorcycle -- in a plastic bag taped to the tank bag. Performed as well as my $900 Tom-Tom Rider (although the BlackBerry will run out of juice quickly unless connected to the car or cycle electrical system).
on April 22, 2009
I bought this for my Blackberry Curve becase the built in GPS is garbage. This acquires satelite very fast, is very accurate so far. Has a cord to plug in your phone for charging. Hands free speaker phone works well. I was looking at buying a seperate GPS Navigator, but those that had bluetooth are close to $200. For the price of this you get bluetooth speaker phone, accurate GPS, turn by turn....the software subscription that comes with this is $100 alone if you bought it from Garmin for your blackberry. I saw this on wal-mart for about $180. It truely is worth the money.
on April 29, 2011
I had high expectations for anything with the Garmin name on it, but I was disappointed.
- The suction device is very poor and falls off the windshield after a few miles.
- The holder takes two hands to operate and is very awkward to use. Makes taking the blackberry out of the holder or putting it in a real struggle.
- I did not buy the charger cable, because I assumed it would a standard USB-type cable - it does not.
- The Bluetooth device has no (or very poor) echo cancelling, so the person on the other end of your call hears their own voice transmitted back to them at a slight delay, making conversations nearly impossible. The work-around is to turn the volume way down - but then you can't hear well.
- All in all I think this was a very poor purchase decision.