Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on March 9, 2007
I'm not complaining too badly, since I paid about $15 for it, but the description does say "binaural." I guess I should literally translate that to "two ears" because the headphones do fit on both ears, but there is only one channel of sound. Understand that before you buy.

That said, they do fit my ears well and the volume is adequate for me (and I have about 40% hearing loss).

On a side note, on the unit I bought, the off switch on the headphones doesn't work, so I'm returning them, but for a mono sound and a cheap wireless headphone, it's not too bad.
on October 25, 2007
These headphones lack clarity, no effective range really. I was not satisfied with the vendor either, and they are sitting in the box they came in.
on December 15, 2006
This is the third pair of inexpensive wireless headphones I have tried, and this is the one I am keeping! The others had a lot of static, background noise -- these are much quieter. These are also very comfortable to wear for long periods. I am very pleased with them. My one CON is that I broke the battery compartment door on the transmitter when installing the battery. Not a big deal since the transmitter just sits on my desk, but treat it gently.
on January 23, 2007
This product was a joke; the box it came in was better than the actual product! Typically electronics from China are quality, but not these. They worked, yes, but only just. Walking around in the same room was okay until I would turn, then my ears would temporarily be filled with a loud static sound, and it would get worse if I went into a different room. The volumes on both the headphones and the ipod/stereo/computer/etc. had to be up almost all the way and the sound quality, let me just say I've heard better sounds coming from my sister's middle school choir! The music was good until someone started to sing, then it sounded like they were in a long, empty warehouse...and at the other end of it too!

All in all, if you are thinking about getting this headset, save yourself some money and don't!
on March 27, 2009
The Sentry earphones work great and save me continual hassles with my wife and grandkids in regard to TV volume. I bought 12V power supply at Radio Shack to power the transmitter so I don't have to keep replacing the battery. The transmitter is small enough it sets unobtrusively on the stand next to the TV. The volume control on the headset works well and will give quite enough volume for a hearing impaired individual.
on May 21, 2007
I got this at a closeout price of $14.99 at Big Lots. The performance is comparable to the wireless RCA that I bought from Fry's for about $80 aobut 3 years ago. My use for it is to be able to watch TV in bed without disturbing my wife with the sound. So if your use for this is similar to watching TV shows, it is good enough. If you are looking for a studio-quality headphone to listen to music, etc., you may want to look for something else.

It is lighter and more comfortable than my old RCA wireless. It also cups the ear completely which helps eliminate background noise.

My one complaint about it is that it uses a 9-v battery for the transmitter. If you forget to turn it off before going to sleep, then you could be spending a lot on 9-v batteries. It comes with a base that could accept an AC adapter; but the adapter itself is not included in the package. So factor in another $5-7 for an AC adapter from Radio Shack or Fry's.
on January 6, 2007
My roomate mentioned that he picked up a pair of wireless headphones, so i figured I would do the same thing. After searching online these seemed to be the best pair in my price range. It doesn't come with an AC adaptor, which i would highly reccomend getting. Otherwise, range is superb. I only experienced small jolts of hiss when traveling through my house, most likely because of other wireless appliances or electrical devices, etc. Hiss is low or non existant. Quality pair for its price.
on February 6, 2009
For the relatively low price, the quality of the sound was about I expected. Used it hooked up to a TV and if watching a regular program, the sound was fine. The one time I tried it for a concert DVD, however, the quality was much worse.

But, the bottom line here is that the wireless headphone system worked fine for two weeks, but then the transmitter suddenly stopped working. Contacted the manufacturer who was no help and simply sent me warranty return information, in which you have to not only ship it back at your own expense, but enclose a $5 check to cover the return shipping. For a $25 item, this makes it not worth the time. The return policy from the amazon retailer was even worse.
on December 28, 2007
This is a good product for the price, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A FRESH 9V IN THE TRANSMITTER. It does not come with batteries- I will bet that those reviewers who complain of static "out of the box" scrounged a partly-used battery from something else. The transmitter devours 9v's quickly, and as the battery drains the headphones start to buzz and static. With a fresh battery, they are perfect- my TV is upstairs, and I can go downstairs and fix a sandwich and still hear perfectly. But, the transmitter really needs an ac adapter.

Also, on a TV with multiple sound outputs, it will only work for the output you attach it to.
on January 19, 2007
I picked up a set of these headphones, got them home and the headphone didn't work. I took them back to the store, exchanged them for a second set and the same thing happened - the receiver light worked but the headphones did not. No LED indicating power, no sound, nothing.

I contacted the manufacturer who sent me out a new set and no one at my workplace could get them to function either. The batteries I used were brand new (and checked in other devices, just in case) but the headphones never turned on. The second set I purchased where returned and the set that the manufacturer sent me were thrown away.

The headphones themselves were extremely comfortable and I'm sorry that the product could not be made to function, but I'm not spending the money for a pair of earplugs when they're supposed to be headphones. If you get a working pair, you will find that they are comfortable on your head, but I cannot attest to the sound quality or receiver range because all three sets that I tried did not work.