Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 17, 2007
I bought this phone to replace my Uniden phone. So my comments are based on my comparison of my Uniden and this phone.
PROS:
1. Long battery life - I have never gotten the "low battery" signal on the handset after talking on the phone for several hours like I constantly got with the Uniden.
2. Mute and redial buttons on the base. On my Uniden model those buttons were hidden in the menus of the base and handset.
3. Clear sounding. I've gotten complaints of static on the Uniden model. I've never had that with this phone.
CONS:
1. No address book display in the base, only in the handset. This is important because if I want to use the speaker phone in the base, I have to either dial the number from my memory (which makes me have to memorize numbers like the old days) or lift the handset and find the number in the address book display the dial it and wait for a connection before I can put the handset back on the base to tallk through the speaker phone from the base. This is a design flaw if you ask me. I wouldn't have bought the phone had I known this before. The Uniden phone had it right. They had an address book display in the base of the unit so you could make a call on the speaker phone from the base by looking up a number in the address book display and press the speakerphone button without picking up the handset.
2. If someone calls while I'm on a call I will get a call waiting signal but I won't get the caller id name in the handset display. The handset will display the words "Missed call". I won't see who called until after the call when I look at the caller id list. This is another very important feature that Uniden got right but Panasonic seemed to miss the target on.

Other than those 2 very important things the phone works ok. However I would not have purchased this phone had I known of the limitation that I have described.
on October 21, 2007
This is a great system. The color screens are vibrant and easy to read. The sound quality is excellent. Set-up was relatively easy, but it did require one call to technical support (which was responsive and able to resolve my issue quickly). The batteries required every bit of 7 hours to charge upon setup, and the indicators were slow to respond to the charging process. However, after 7 hours the indicators showed that the batteries were fully charged. The phones permit download of your own songs and pictures to indicate specific ringers and pictures. The setup for the latter was quick and easy. Obviously, a great deal of thought and planning went into the production of this model. Overall, great set !
on December 31, 2007
I purchased these phones for my parents for Christmas, fearing all the functions would be hard for them to use, or to figure out. Glad to say they took to the new phone system with little frustration. They really enjoy the talking caller ID, as their first request from a phone is clear and readable caller ID, having it spoken is a great feature. Another great feature is you do not have to program each phone with your phone book entries, simply do one, then send them to the other 2 by pushing a single button, very nice. Overall these phones are terrific and will provide my parents with trouble free, crystal clear phone messaging for years to come.
on March 26, 2008
Recently, I purchased the Panasonic KX TG5777 from Globazar(through Amazon.com). I have no complaints about Globazar, they shipped the phone quickly and I received it within a few days. They provided quick responses to my queries.

Overall, I like this phone. I'm considering ordering a couple of additional handsets. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Rather than repeat the feature list of this phone, I thought it would be more useful to list some things that were not apparent to me and that I would have liked to have known, prior to making the purchase.

Description: There is conflicting info in the description on Amazon's product page. My phone came with three handsets as shown in the photo. I was concerned after reading the heading "Cordless phone w/ answering system & caller ID - 5.8 GHz + 1 additional handset(s)" and the technical details "What's Better Than One 5.8 GHz Phone? Two Panasonic 5.8 GHz Phones!". I confirmed with Globazar via email prior to ordering.

Color: The phone is Silver/Gray. Upon closer inspection, I can kind of tell that from the picture. When I ordered it, I thought it was white. I'm not a fan of silver.

Battery Life: The manufacturer claims up to seven days standby and/or 5 hours of talk time. I get no where near that. Just for kicks, I left a fully charged handset on the desk over night. The total time was less than 12 hours. The next morning, it still showed as fully charged. I was impressed, until I made a short phone call (less than two minutes) and the phone dropped to 1 bar and started indicating that the battery was low. On another occasion, I was on an all day conference/training call. I started out with a fully charged handset. After approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, the phone indicated the battery was low. I grabbed a second fully charged handset and it lasted about the same. I ended up switching to my old phone for the rest of the day, since the first handset was still recharging. NOTE: The instructions indicate that using the voice enhancer will reduce your battery time. I have this feature turned off. I hate to imagine how short the battery life would be with this feature on. Also, the manufacturer says to charge the phone for 7 hours. Plan on it.

Address Book: The address book only supports 50 entries. This may seem like a lot, but with cell phones, home phones, business phones, etc. This isn't enough.

Address Book Transfers: Being able to transfer your address book between other handsets and/or your computer is really nice. One nuisance, however is when you transfer contacts between handsets, the photo ID's and custom ring info doesn't transfer. The only way I could transfer these was to transfer the images or tones from the computer and then reassign them manually in each handset.

Ring Tones: This phone only supports wav files. It would have been nice, if mp3's were supported as well.

Missed Call Indicator: This seems to be both annoying and worthless. Each time I receive a call, regardless of whether or not I answer, my handsets indicate "Missed Call". This continues to display, until you go to each handset and manually clear it. I would much rather have the time and/or my background(wallpaper) displayed. One note, I'm not using the answering machine that came with the phone. I have it turned off. Maybe this would work differently, if the answering machine was activated.

Base: I wish that the base had a headset jack. This would be nice when I'm on long conference calls, since the battery life on the handsets isn't long enough. I prefer not to use the speaker phone, since it disturbs others around me and seems to pick up more background noise.

Had I known all of this, I probably would have still purchased this phone.

*At the time I wrote this, I owned this phone for under two weeks.
on July 18, 2007
I am very happy with this phone, excellent sound quality, great range, a lot of features, Mp3 ringtones, color LCD with excellet picture quality. I highly recommend this unit and Globazar was very fast delivering the product.
on April 10, 2008
I upgrade my phone/answering system at least every 24 months. So over the years I've used machines from Sony, JVC, AT&T, and Motorola. I've had this Panasonic system for about six weeks and can honestly say that it is the best system that I've owned so far and it only cost about half what I had budgeted.

There are some features that only gadget freaks like me will appreciate - namely the USB interface, customizable ringers, customizable colour display, etc... However, even if you just want a basic multi-handset answering system this will do very nicely. The handset battery will give you several days of standby time and several hours of talk time. I found no interference or static problems even if I took a handset out into the garden with me.

The quality of the digital recordings on the answering machine is perfectly acceptable but not outstanding. I've found the caller_id text-to-speech feature very useful. You don't have to run to see display, the machine will announce the caller several times giving you plenty of time to decide whether or not to take the call.

The handsets are very light and comfortable to use. O.K. they don't look as hi-tech or as sleek as some of the newer phones from Vtech and Philips but the clincher for me was that these phones accept standard headset connections. I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to using it for the next 22 1/2 months :-)
on September 22, 2014
I bought this phone system for my mother 5-7 years ago, It's still in service and she has been very happy with its performance. The feature of this system that she most enjoys is the ability to associate stored numbers with custom photos and sounds. To accomplish this the handsets have micro-USB connectors (included) and with Panasonic's GIGARANGE USB Utility software (CD ROM included) you can add photos and entries custom to each handset connected to the system. However, this phone system is pretty old now, and the Panasonic site shows that this software is designed to work with Windows®98SE/Me/2000/XP operating systems. It probably runs on the Windows 7 platform since it works on Vista, but I don't find any information on the Panasonic site to let me know if there was ever a MAC utility developed or if they released an update for Windows 8/8.1. If this is a feature you are buying in the system you might want to first contact Panasonic to make sure their GIGARANGE utility works with your OS. What else, the system can be set to announce the call information for the person who is calling. This can be helpful, but in my mother's case she turned it off because she found it annoying. There's a remote access feature so you can call in to retrieve messages left on the answering machine. The indicator light on the handsets flash different color lights depending on what is going on. For example, they're typically green, but if there is a message waiting they flash a blue light. The handsets have a middle soft key that acts as a joystick for navigating the handset's on-screen menu. Both the handsets and base have speakerphone functionality. The phone book has a chain dial feature that allows you to dial phone numbers in the handset phone book while you are on a call. This feature can be used,for example, to dial a calling card access number or bank account PIN that you have stored in the handset phone book, without having to dial manually. It has three preset wallpaper modes that can be displayed on handset screen, or you can use you own through the software. It only has the ability to store a maximum of 21 minutes total in voice messages. That's total - and that includes any memos you may leave on the phone (the memo feature is nice). It has an intercom and room monitoring function. There are headset jacks on the handsets. I even want to say that when I bought this they told me that there was a way to make Skype calls, but I never looked into it and may have that wrong. I would go to the Panasonic site and look up the full specifications on this phone to be sure it meets all of your needs. I would also look into the availability of replacement handsets given the age of this model. That's not only because you might be looking for a system like this because you want more than two handsets, but also because handsets eventually wear out and you probably want to ahead and invest in a spare as parts for this probably will get harder to find.

I am writing this review in 2014, and if I were looking for a system like this today I would go with one of their newer models - most likely one with Bluetooth functionality. Here are some interesting options currently on Amazon:

Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System, Black, 3 Handsets Size: 3 Cordless Handsets
Panasonic KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone with Answering Machine & 5 Cordless Handsets

I hope this was helpful.
on August 6, 2011
a great cordless phone that has lots of features.. Especially love the talking caller iD as that allows one to IGNORE the hundreds of spam telemarketing and political calls..Has great range and also a good speaker phone.
on April 17, 2013
I like many things about this phone system. I love the appearance, the ring tone, the talking caller-ID, etc. However, the battery does not last beyond a call or two (even though I am using a new battery), and the phone cuts off in the middle of a call. Also, instead of the pretty picture on the screen, I constantly am looking at "Missed Call." And I cannot seem to use the automatic voice on the answering machine.
on February 5, 2008
The handsets (we have four, including the one in the base unit) work fine. But the buttons on the base unit (numbers, messages -- outgoing and incoming --- hold, intercom, volume control, etc. ) stop working within a very short time. Not a big deal unless you don't have a separate voice mail system (we do) or unless you want to add another handset. We've had two base units so far. We returned the first unit as it was still on warranty but in order to benefit from the warranty we had to send the unit in and wait for them to send us a replacement. It was a hardship as this is our only telephone and without the base unit the handsets don't work. So, unless we want to use a cheap spare unit while we send the second one back to the manufacturer we are stuck with a non-functioning base unit.

See 1 answered question