on February 3, 2010
Verified Purchase
I thought Ipod docking stations charged the Ipod. This one does not. Not very happy to get speakers only.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2009
Very nice looking iPod dock. Stylish and sleek, small footprint, and the sound quality is pretty good. Decent bass response for such a thin little unit. The remote is very simple, matching the overall design of the unit.

Rockbox users: this unit currently does not seem to work with Rockbox firmware, unfortunately. When I plug the unit into the dock, it receives power, turns on, begins to charge, and begins playback, but then my iPod settings will begin to fluctuate with no user input; the volume on the iPod (not the dock) goes up, the shuffle and repeat options being to cycle, and -- most problematic -- the iPod quickly pauses playback. It's pretty much impossible to get the unit to play more than a few seconds of audio before it pauses again. I'm guessing that this is because Rockbox doesn't fully support the Apple accessory protocol at the moment. This might change in the future, but I am not going to count on it.

I found a great deal on these and bought two, but because I use Rockbox on my 5th gen 60 GB iPod Video, I had to send mine back. My sister-in-law loved the one that we got for her Nano using the original Apple firmware.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
The dock sounds great. So far, the only negative is that the base doesn't fit the original iPod nano perfectly, so we had to modify it a bit.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations