Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

on February 27, 2009
Bought two of these--one each for my wife and myself. Two main problems...

The sound quality is terrible... flat, tinny, muddied. I listen to audio books, so it's not that big a deal. When I listen to music, however... OUCH! Stay away.

Also, the retractable feature was the main draw for us, as we kept damaging previous earphones overtime by wrapping them around our iPods to keep them from tangling.

The retract mechanism broke within a month. This is with normal, twice a day commute usage during the work week.

Don't waste your money.
on October 13, 2008
cord seem portable but rather short. Ear buds will hurt your ear with no doubt. style seem appealing but should rather not spend your money on this one.
My earbuds died on my way to work, so I picked these from the meager selection at a local chain drugstore. They don't feel like they fit in my ears at all--I keep expecting them to slip out at the slightest move of my head. The cable is really short (less than 4 feet), and the retractable spinner is obnoxious. Worst of all is the sound quality--everything sounds like it's being broadcast from the bottom of a bucket. Avoid these headphones at all costs.
on April 11, 2014
Bought these cheap on eBay trusting the Philips name. Believe all these reviews. The sound on them is AWFUL. Really tinny and hollow. My fault for not consulting my fellow Amazon reviewers. They work in a pinch, but if you care at all about sound quality look elsewhere.

To be fair, if fantastic sound isn't your primary concern (and again, these aren't absolutely unusable, just not as robust as I'd hoped), the good things are the nice long cord and the thoughtful inclusion of a clip on the back of the cord holder so it doesn't dangle freely, weighing the buds down. The buds are reasonably comfortable in your ears, and of course the retractable cord is very nice to stay tangle-free in your bag. So I guess take the good with the bad?
on May 13, 2011
I paid $15 for these earbuds in the store (CVS) ... and I expected much more for the price. These are worse than my $10 over-the ear earbuds that I got 4 years ago.

The earbuds are so cheap and light, they don't even stay in your ears properly. They are not ergonomically designed to fit your ear at all. The whole thing is poorly designed.

The "retractable" part seems handy, until you realize that it just weighs down the whole thing ... sure, it has a clip, but it's still annoying. The cord STILL gets tangled in the wheel, and there's no way to retract the cord or wind it up after you've pulled it out.

The sound was even worse than the earbuds that came with my sansa clip. And usually, pack-in earbuds aren't the greatest. There is no bass.

$15 down the drain, time for an actual set of decent headphones.

DO NOT BUY ... especially at the store.
on February 20, 2014
Really like these they don't get tangled at all. The retracting part works really well and I just clip it to my collar.
on October 29, 2014
like it sooo great
on June 21, 2014
These ear buds are great, although the retractor goes bad after a while and the rubber falls off the buds. I like the idea of the retractor but you get what you pay for.
on January 12, 2016
Great and Fast Service.
on January 19, 2015
the ear buds and the imput attachment are connected to wiring. unfortunately, the wire at the attachment point split easily. i'm not sure how that portion of the unit could be fortified but it really should be.