Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 24, 2007
My wife calls this a "man's fan" because it comes with a remote control. The remote is a cool touch, but not what makes this product (or set of products) great. The fans are quiet, unintrusive and feature rich.

First, the fans are supprisingly quiet. They provide enough white noise for falling asleep, but no so much that they become distraction. (A set of Sony MDR-NC6 Noise Canceling Headphones wil block them right out if you're listening to music.) The oscillation is generally quiet. After a year of near constant use, I can only detect a slight rattle if I pay close attention.

Second, the fans have a very small, but stable, footprint. I hate the protruding legs on standing fans. The larger fan can stand just about anywhere in a room without a leg for someone to trip on. The smaller fan sits nicely on a shelf or desk. Mine sits next to my monitor at work. I also hate how top-heavy table fans can be. No worries with this set. I've yet to knock one over even after a few late-night collisions.

Third, there are a ton of features--or at least a dozen. The small fan has three speeds, oscillation and timer (1, 2 or 4 hours). The large fan has the same speeds and ocsicllation, plus you can set the timer in half-hour increments for up to 7.5 hours. The Sleep Wind feature let's you start the fan at one speed and it will periodically reduce its speed. Sounds nice, but I've never used it. The Natural Wind settings are supposed to simulate the changing wind velocities in the real world. I tried it for 15 minutes, felt like I was in a hyperactive version of The Three Pigs and have never used it since.

A great feature I didn't realize I would use so much is the ability to restrict or expand the sweep of the fan when it oscillates. When the oscillation is off, you can rotate the fan into one of five positions. In the middle position, the fan will oscillate with a broad sweep. If you rotate the fan to either side, it will restrict it's sweep to a smaller arc. I use this at night when I want the fan to oscillate, but also want to keep the air focused toward my bed.

Finally, the remote control. Why do you need a remote control for a fan? Why not! It's a remote! You sit on one side of the room and the fan responds to you on the other side. That's the kind of real power that makes you wish for a hot day. The remote isn't wimpy, either. It let's you control just about every feature on the large fan--the small fan doesn't have one--and there is hook on the side of the fan for storing the remote when not in use. My four-year-old son loves to play with it and it hasn't been lost yet. Something about the hook makes him want to hang it up.

There you go. Who knew I'd be so blown away by a fan.
on July 14, 2009
We bought this set several years ago and they have been wonderful. You do need to clean out the dust to keep them whisper quiet and not to strain the parts, but you should do that for all fans. However, after my 3 year old decided to use at as a leaning post, she broke the main fan off of the base. It was also, obviously, out of warranty. It was a part that was easily replaceable, but it was not listed on the site. I called them on the 800 number and told them what had happened and they sent me the replacement part without any fuss or charge. They were fast and efficient and kept another fan out of the land fills.

Nice to see a company that actually takes care of their customers without having to jump through hoops to take care of the smallest thing!
on August 15, 2007
My review is going to be much shorter than the one in front of me.

This fan combo works.

My wife and I have had it for a year and have not been disappointed by its output and ease of use. We bought one set, loved it so much that we turned around to buy a 2nd pair and couldn't find it anywhere. The were sold out at every place I checked. It took 2 weeks to find another one, and even then I had to time my visit to the local Costco to coincide with the arrival of the fans. They were selling out as soon as they hit the floor. If that doesn't say enough about their appeal I don't know what does.

The small fan is perfect for smaller spaces, like on a kitchen counter or on the desk in the office. We keep them running at low speeds during the day to keep our 3 cats from getting hot and they work great. When I come home I usually find 1 cat lying in front of the big fan in the living room.

If you're looking for a fan - get this tower combo. It works great, takes up less space, has a great remote that is very helpful when you're on the couch and want to adjust it without getting up.
on April 10, 2012
I drag these all over the house with me ! The little one comes into the kitchen with me and I move it to wherever I am working.The tall one travels from the Family room during the day to the bedroom at night. Menopause anyone? The kids drag it into the playroom when they have a group in there watching TV. Wherever you need that little extra boost of air it brings it! I ordered another set since my daughter wanted the small one for her apartment and my mother wanted the nice tall one that fits in her compact apartment nicely.
on May 17, 2009
I bought this pair at costco about a year ago. The small fan died within 6 months, the bearings went out. The taller fan died today in a similar fashion. Up until their untimely deaths they performed quietly and powerfully. The only complaint I have is the short lifespan.
on July 6, 2011
I love this fan - it seems to give out 'cool' breeze. It is quiet (especially after cleaning) and at higher speeds it produces helpful 'white noise'. The tall fan suddenly stopped blowing air (but continued to rotate) after 2 years of use. Customer service was totally useless - no help with cleaning tips or how to open it up (need a small screwdriver), despite it being out of warranty or return period. (minus 1 star for this)

I found extremely helpful information on how to open it and oil the bearings at [...]. And now it works again.

PS: My model is from 2009. I didn't buy it from amazon.
on September 9, 2010
The slim, vertical design of a tower fan allows it to fit into tight spaces. A tower fan is less likely to tip over than a top-heavy pedestal fan, and the smaller grates make it safer for use around children and pets. This fan is really quite. I mean in the ECO mode, which I love, you don't hear almost nothing. Specially watching television in a living room, its a boon.

My most favorite thing about this fan is its design of vertical slits and metal backside with holes in it. It gives it very unique look and fit well with my other contemporary furniture. Also, I love the small fan which seems like almost useless fan until you start using it and then fall in love with it. It is very useful for my office room.

I strongly recommend this fan to anyone.
on June 14, 2010
The seville ultraslimline fan is slick and looks good but you have to screw the base on to the functional portion of the fan. IT SHOULD BE minimal work to put together but this particular unit did not allow the screw removal (screws were inserted too tight/stripped) to reinsert the base and fixture on the swivel per the assembly instructions.

Fortunately, my fan works but unfortunately only half of the base is properly assembled.

The mini unit requires no work and works well. This package would be an exceptional product for the price and impressive features if the warehouse simply had not gotten overzealous with inserting the screws! I recommend it.
on June 28, 2013
The tall fan comes out during heat waves here in northern California (like right now!) and is tucked away in a corner or back in the garage when the temperature is more mild. I set it in front of the open patio door to draw cooler air into the house in the evenings. You can choose between 4 fan speeds - the highest when you want to move as much air as possible, and the lowest ECO mode when you want a gentle, quiet breeze. You can also turn the oscillation mode on and off, and choose between 3 different oscillation styles - steady and intermittent. 4 timer settings are available - 30 minutes, 1, 2 and 4 hours. The remote control, which requires 2 AAA batteries, hangs on a hook at the back of the unit so that you will not misplace it when not in use.

In the lowest speed settings it is actually whisper quiet; neither the fan blades or motor rattles or vibrates. You don't have to turn up the television volume when the fan is turned on. It would make an excellent fan for a bedroom. The very small footprint (a circle about 1 foot in diameter) ensures that it doesn't get in the way and is not likely to get knocked over. The unit is lightweight and well balanced on its pedestal. There are no exposed parts to endanger a child.

The smaller fan is the perfect size to set on the corner of a desk or a windowsill. Though not as fully featured as the large fan, it also does a decent job of keeping the air moving.
on May 16, 2013
Bought this for my old apartment because I didn't have air conditioning (in the summer, in Florida, it's unbearable) and thought the two fans would come in handy. During the day, with ambient noises, the fan wasn't particularly noticeable but I could NOT tune this fan out at night when I tried to sleep. Mind you, my bedroom windows were maybe 10 feet away from an active bus stop and busy street, and I still couldn't sleep over the noise of the tower fan. It made a terrible clicking noise as it rotated and would get stuck and grind its gears. Thinking this was a manufacturer's defect, I exchanged it for a second set of fans and found them to be the same. I really wanted these fans to work out because I liked the idea of having a smaller tower fan as well, but this set just wasn't for me. If you're running these during the day then the noise level should be tolerable and hardly noticeable. But if these are your only means of air circulation, try a different brand. I ended up returning these and buying a more expensive fan that's quieter (granted, I know fans of these sort will always make noise) and actually is more powerful with better settings. Look elsewhere before you settle for this combo pack, it'll be worth it for you in the end.

See 1 answered question