Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon September 23, 2007
While I enjoyed his first cd (a few songs at least). I was just looking for some improvement from the first. He has done that this time around with "All The Lost Souls". He has a different vibe to him on this release..that i didnt really feel on the first one (not that i didnt like it). But Mr. Blunt seems to have a clearer purpose on this record and it involves getting us to listen and just enjoy the things that we have in life. He does it with a voice that while not strong is more than clear and resonates on each and every song on the set. While it only clocks in at 38 mins and 39 seconds. It gets what needs to be said across with out all the interludes and crappy intros that other artists seem to pile on to their releases.

Simply put its just a really good record to listen and mellow out too without getting too deep and trying to do too much. "All The Lost Souls" helps you find that something that you may have lost or is right there in front of your eyes. Nice one this time around, JB.
on September 22, 2007
I found the first cd absolutely addictive. While this is good, it's not nearly as addictive. I still think he's great but I'm sure that I'll listen to the previous cd far more often. I wish this one had the same effect on me but,,, unfortunately, I think my expectations were just too high.
on September 18, 2007
I like his voice and I think his music is beautiful.He is very talented.This cd is rally good.Not something to dance to or bang your head but if you're in the mood and want to relax this would be a good cd for you.I like driving to it.
on September 18, 2007
First of all, I think the critics were overly harsh about this second album. I bought the first one and I bought this album because the songs are good. "1973" was my favorite track for its strong lyrics and emotional melody. I've listened to this album five times over and it gets better with each play. The instrumental accompaniments are excellent. The only thing I see that might turn people off of this album compared to the first is the tender, sorrowful, sad undertones, but it's not like James Blunt is crying through each track and it's not like the tracks are unbearable. Of all the albums of this year, All the Lost Souls and Mika's Life... are probably the two most original albums.
on September 24, 2007
This cd might not be better than the first, but to me it's still worth buying. Some songs don't rock as hard as some of the songs on bedlam. but there are some very good contenders. The stand out tracks being, 1973, Carry you home, I really want You, and I can't hear the music. This is a great solid cd and you won't regret buying. James' unique voice is worth it.
on September 18, 2007
I am a big James Blunt fan and I will say that this album did not disappoint. It is an amazing album. Any James Blunt fan must get this.
on September 18, 2007
When I first heard James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam", the combination of brutally honest lyrics with the searing raw vocals had me immediately hooked. It is an emotional tour de force that captivates the nerve endings.

One would expect with such a massively successful first album based on years of writing, that the sophomore album cannot be expected to equal. Well that is not the case. I expected not to like "All the Lost Souls" with the same intensity, but there is absolutely nothing to dislike. Yes, the gripping urgency of the voice has perhaps been tamed just a little, but the tonal sensitivity of each of these interpretations grows on me with every listening. Of course there are favourites such as "I Really Want You", but after several listenings I have yet to skip any song just to get to the next. That speaks volumes about the quality of the art and the strength of the lyrics. The album is rock solid.

With "All the Lost Souls", Blunt has managed to move on from the cataclysmic nova of "Back to Bedlam" as a sensitive and lyrical artist of immense talent.

A fine album in its own right, my guess is that "All the Lost Souls" will be blessed with a potent and entirely deserved staying power. James Blunt is most definitely no one-hit wonder.
on September 21, 2007
James Blunt was recently asked which artists material he enjoyed listening to and quickly responded he very much enjoyed the Killers although he frankly admitted he had not yet had an opportunity to pickup or listen to their sophomore effort Sam's Town. I'd like to point out to Mr. Blunt that when he does get around to it, as is the case with another band with an incredible debut effort, Maroon 5, he is likely to be somewhat disappointed by their follow-up efforts. Such is not the case with Mr. Blunt. Having just completed three successive listens, I believe Blunt has outdone his absolutely brilliant debut effort. He has assembled a talented tight band that shines throughout the album with nary a weak moment. I imagine his multitalented bass player, Malcolm Moore, who like Blunt possesses a remarkable voice, must be in heaven playing the heavy bass led song 1973, the first of many singles to come off this rich and inspired album. I eagerly anticipate hearing this new material live at his show next week here in Los Angeles and can only imagine what wonderful James Blunt songs the future holds for music lovers the world over. Bravo and thank you very much Mr. Blunt!
on May 3, 2008
James Blunt pretty much came out of nowhere back in 2005. Although his first single "High" didn't really do much chart-wise (well, in the U.S., anyway), "You're Beautiful" was so tremendous that I don't think I have to remind anyone of its popularity. And although the rest of Back to Bedlam was great, "You're Beautiful" is still the only hit single James has seen thus far. Fortunately, All the Lost Souls proves that he's not just a one-trick pony.

I'm surprised that a lot of people are calling this album dark; in fact, the only song I can see that really gets down to that level is possibly "Same Mistake". But speaking of the same mistake, the only really "fast" track on Back to Bedlam was a song called "Out of My Mind", and I didn't care for it, but fortunately James figured things out and made songs like that work this time around, as evidenced by "Give Me Some Love".

Other notable selections include the first two tracks ("1973" and "One of the Brightest Stars"), as well as his latest single, "Carry You Home". But the acoustic (and shorter) version of "1973" at the end of the album is really unnecessary because it doesn't sound any different from the original version (and aren't all of James' songs pretty acoustic anyway?). It's not too late to pick up All the Lost Souls, so go to the record store and do just that.

Anthony Rupert
on September 17, 2007
How do you follow up a multi platinum smash containing the first US chart topping single in almost a decade by a UK artist? Why, with more of the same, that's how!

Fans of Mr Blunt's debut will not be disappointed with his sophomore effort. At ten tracks, it cuts straight to the chase; mournful, swelling ballads, and a couple of upbeat, seventies sounding pop tunes.

Falling into the latter are lead off single "1973" (which starts off with a fab piano intro) and "Give me some love".

Of the ballads, the standouts are the Coldplay-esque "Same mistake" (which starts off as a tender piano ballad, building in intensity to a towering finale, and a catchy lighters-aloft refrain of "oo oooooo ooo ooo oo oooo"), the stripped down but earnest "I really want you" (with lyrics like "Can I come in from the cold?/I killed a man in a far away land", and what can be described as rattling effects - This song should be HUGE!), "I'll take everything" (think BeeGees), "Shine on", and "I can't hear the music".

Nothing ground breaking, but an album calculated to keep his fan base pleased. Love or loathe him, he's back to sell a few more million albums...