Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 10, 2010
As a job I travel about filming abandoned locations (seriously).
This line of work can be quite dangerous, especially if you are wearing improper footwear.
I purchased these boots because I had read in several places that they are quite comfortable and rugged.
What I had read was correct, and I am more than pleased with these boots.

Like all boots, expect to have to break theses guys in before you're totally pleased with how they feel.
The zipper side is actually a key point to me, I hate having to lace and unlace boots every time I use them.
That zipper saves me time, but mostly it just keeps the annoyance factor down.
The tread provides excellent traction, I have climbed many a tree, fence, and wall in these things.
Airflow is nice as well, I filmed an asylum this summer with an internal temp of almost 115 degrees, and my feet did not once cross my mind.
Granted, not much crosses your mind in 115 degree heat, but over-heated feet sure would have made thing worse for me...
Also, for being a zipper-sided boot, these have pretty good ankle support.

~Rusty
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
I purchased these boots on Amazon almost exactly one year ago and they have already fallen apart. I am an EMT, V/R Firefighter and Paramedic Intern so I have given them some relatively heavy use but nothing out of the ordinary. When I received them, I thought they felt cheaply made but they were light weight and pretty comfortable so I said, "what the heck" and decided to give them a try. Well about a month ago the sole on my right boot came totally unglued from the toe to mid arch. Thank goodness I had my wildland boots in the trunk or I would have spent the rest of my shift looking like a train hopping hobo (No offense to train hopping hobos reading this). I managed to glue them back together with contact cement but that was just a temporary fix. They are now peeling up again so I had to order a different pair today. If you work in EMS do yourself a favor and skip these. Trust me, there are much better boots on Amazon for not much more money. I am a long time Amazon shopper and this was the first time I ever felt strongly enough about a purchase to write a review.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2015
I wish I could show you the pictures of what this boot looks like now after only 3 months of normal wear. They were not used for anything like construction and the leather on the top just starting peeling off! Now I can not send them back and I am very mad about this. My son is a volunteer fire fighter so he makes no money and this is his only pair of shoes.
review image review image
on August 18, 2011
I've been wearing this boot in it various incarnations across my nearly 20-year career in EMS, the fire service, and private security. There was a time when I was in my boots for up to 20 hours a day, seven days a week. I literally wore the tread right off my first two pairs, making me a loyal follower. My last two pairs, however, have been of significantly lower quality. They don't breathe nearly as well as they need to. The lining on the upper has completely torn apart and exposed the plastic support structure behind the leather. On a couple of occasions, the plastic has actually broken and left a pointed edge that caused injury to my foot. And on my last pair, the slide came completely off the zipper, rendering the boot unwearable.

I've only been wearing my current pair for approximately three months, and I'm already looking for another pair. One thing is for sure - they will NOT be Magnums.
on March 12, 2015
Quite possibly the worst quality boots I've ever bought. After nine months of general wear around the station and on the ambulance the sole began separating from the upper in the toe area (on both boots!). Within a couple weeks the boots were unwearable, the upper and the sole had separated well past the balls of my toes. It looks like that outside of an inch of stitching between the plastic of the sole and the leather there's only a few spots of glue that hold everything together and when the stitching goes, the boots are toast. In addition to the separating problem, one of the metal eyelets for the laces popped out of the leather on one boot, and a seam on the upper began unraveling on the other. Had the soles not started falling off I'm pretty sure this would have killed them as well.
I've been wearing this style of Magnums for a decade plus now, I'm used to the plastic zipper tab breaking off and the Velcro degrading, that's a pretty common problem with them, but to not be able to get a year of use out of them because they start disintegrating is a little ridiculous.
review image review image
on January 5, 2015
Its been about 2 months since I bought these and they are already staring to fail. The leather exterior is already starting to peel. I don't really have a hard job like construction, I work as a cashier at Advance Auto Parts. My day in these boots consists of lots of walking and bending down. The toe area and one one side of the boot the outer layer is peeling. Also the mesh material is fraying.
on January 18, 2013
First... They feel like an expensive pair of sneakers... Very comfortable.

I work Security in some of the worst places around the world including the middle easat, africa and currently PNG... these boots are the best I have ever had. They stand up to sharp rocks, thorns, (recently a snake), sand, heat and hundreds of miles of walking. Most of the boots I used over past 10 years lasted me about 3 to 6 months, but these last at least a year before I retire them from daily service; however... I still have all three pairs.

The zipper on the side makes putting these boots no problem. Try them and you will be pleased.

FOLLOW-UP: It's been 11 months since I wrote the review above and these boots are still holding together... and now they are even more comfortable. These boots get me through the streams and jungles in the PNG Southern Highlands and over the rocks along the coast outside of Port Moresby... They are a little worn, but no separating of the sole from the upper and no broken threads. Best boots ever!
on February 16, 2015
These arrived today so I put them on to test them out around the house, in case of a poor fit. It's something of a crap shoot for me, since I wear a 10, and typically go to a 10½ due to having wide feet. These fit me very well and very comfortably. After that proved good, I went about running errands and typical house hold and tool maintenance. I don't see where these boots really need to be broken in. They will get the Dura-test® tomorrow, when I'll be at my craft in the shop all day, standing and working on concrete. The anti-slip and zipper were two of the compelling points of sale in my case. I can't imagine a more comfortable work boot, especially for the price. ($75.26).

Day 2 review: okay for work purposes they may been a little time to break in, but still very comfortable. ONE THING this boot should have is a loop on the back for help pulling the boot onto one's foot!

update 2/20/2016: After a year of constant use in Auto Body repair & refinishing, these have stood up very well and effectively dealt with any of the various paints, cleaner and solvents that have been thrown at it. Admittedly, some of our first responders and fellow tradesmen put these boots through more demanding use than these went through, but it is substantial in its own right.
on January 7, 2011
These boots are very good boots and I would recommend them to anyone who has to wear boots for more than eight hours a day. I wear them for ten to fourteen hours a day - everyday. I do not particulary care for the side zip, but they were the best of the ones that I was comparing. I have two pair and I am going to buy a third. One is for everyday at my heavy equipment repair company and the other is for Guard missions. My unit still utilizes the woodland camo and blacken shine (see yourself in your toes) black boots. They do shine up very good. They are lighter than the Danners that I used to wear and the Magnums that I wore before were discontinued.

The older pair that I wear everyday has developed a leak at the bottom of the side zip, but it is manageable. If your work requires steel toe boots, you need to go to another boot. These are not insulated for the cold weather, but it is better than sweating during the summer. If you do choose to shine these boots, remember to not use that instant wax shine as it will cook your feet during the heat.
on July 29, 2013
these and the caterpillar boots are the only boots ive ever had that did not require a break in period. ive had lots of great boots some were very expensive as well, these fit right in the sweet spot. great price and long lasting. the last pair of these that I owned lasted me 2 1/2 years! I go through boots quickly some in a matter of months, but these hung in there! great boots!!!