Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trutech® 19" 720p LCD TV/DVD/PC Monitor - PLV31199S1
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 7, 2007
So the price is very low for an LCD TV (with a built in DVD player!), but don't let it fool you into thinking it's not a good product. I got two of these from Target on Black Friday for $199, and I was very surprised by the quality of the picture it provides. Just using an antenna, the HD channels were very sharp and clear, with no noticeable noise whatsoever. I was also suprised that the TV can display signals up to 1080i.

The TV is a little thicker than the average LCD, but that's fine by me. The default color settings were a little dark, but it can easily be adjusted. The sound from the speakers is ok, I suppose. Doesn't seem to have much bass to it, even if you turn the bass to its highest. I just hook the TV up to my stereo for better sound when I want. The menus are easy to navigate, and there are many settings that can be adjusted. I really like the feature it has that displays the program information for the channel you're watching. The TV can also be used as a PC monitor, but I've found that it doesn't display as clearly as my real PC LCD monitor. It's a good backup to have in case your PC monitor dies, though. I love that I can move it from place to place in my house because it's is so light and portable. And having the DVD player built in into the TV is really convienient when I'm moving it, to the kitchen for example, and I don't have to hook up cables to it.

I haven't had a single problem with this TV so far, and I advise you not to believe those reviewers on the Target site that claims this TV broke easily, or that the picture is awful, etc. I'm very happy about purchasing this TV.
on November 24, 2007
Nice little TV with built in DVD player. Color is only OK, but you can adjust it to suit your needs. DVD player is nice it is on the side of the unit so if it is mounted high you can still reach it. If you lose the remote there are buttons on the side. It was a little tricky finding codes for the Directv remote, but after a little internet search I found it is a Daewoo product and then I was able to find the code.
on November 29, 2007
I really like this tv- its cute and small, but not too small. Its very light - which I was suprised about. The picture is really good. It doesnt take up a lot of space and having the built in DVD player makes it all the better. The dvd player works great.
The only thing is that I bought this tv on black friday for 199. - To be honest I dont think I would of bought it for 329. I would of probably chose a different name brand or a different size. The tv works great and looks good. but if I was going to spend more than 300 - i would of spent a little more and got a phillips or toshiba.
For 199. this tv is awesome!
on November 28, 2007
The picture produced by the built in DVD is very good. Over air antenna and standard def equipment produces a mediocre picture at best. This is an HDTV and suprisingly supports 1080i resolutions - which is hard to find in a small set - most are 720p. I connected this TV to my DirecTV HD DVR via a 100' long component cable - the picture is STUNNING! Much better than I expected from a small LCD TV.

With very little code searching I was able to find a code that worked so that my DirecTV RF Remote will control the TVs volume and power options.
on November 9, 2012
We've had this TV for years, works like a champ. We lost the remote for it, so I'm hunting for a new one, I've yet to find anything. TV is still usable with the buttons on the side of the TV, we use it for DVD & HD play back via Media Extender. Works great and looks good doing it!
on December 4, 2015
I bought this TV/monitor on the Target Black Friday in 2007. As of today (Dec. 4, 2015), my unit is still working good without any problem. I used this everyday as my laptop second monitor and occasionally for watching TV connected to a Comcast cable receiver or watching movies with the built-in DVD player. So far, I'm very happy with this unit as a monitor and a TV.
review image
on August 23, 2015
I bought two of these wonderful little TV, DVD, Monitors also in 2007 at $199.00 each. Mine are both going strong! Good quality picture, sound, DVD and I have used them a lot for computer monitors. I am writing this on August 23, 2015! best value I ever got for a TV, DVD, Monitor
on April 9, 2009
I bought the TV based on price (I paid $270 on sale) and the built-in DVD player. I mounted the TV on my bedroom wall and really like that I don't have to find a way to mount a DVD player shelf nearby. However, I will say that I've only had the unit a couple weeks now, so I can't comment on the longevity of the DVD player.

As other reviewers have commented, the DVD player isn't necessarily aesthetic sticking out from the side of the TV, but my real complaint is that it's lit by a blue LED light that goes around the circumference of the disc while the player is active. During the day, it's barely noticeable, but in a dark room, it's downright distracting to have a glowing half-circle immediately to the right of the TV.

The mechanism that navigates the disc within a menu is also quite loud, but only when making selections from the DVD menu - once set, the player is quiet.

In echoing other reviewers again, the unit is thick for an LCD model.

Despite the criticisms above, I like the TV overall. I'm satisfied with what I got for the price I paid. The remote is easy to use and I really like having the DVD player integrated.
on August 22, 2014
I've had this monitor for about 3 years and my brother who gave it to me had it 4 years before. This monitor has been really good to me. I use it as a a PC monitor as well as a TV. I had also used it for gaming on my xbox360. With PC and television, it's been wonderous. It's easy to switch from playing on PC and switching back to your favorite shows. After 7 years of use, the monitor finally died on me after recently starting to act up. In all. having this monitor was a great experience.
on June 9, 2008
We purchased one from Target in November, 2007. By 12/31/2007 we had to return it to the store due to the DVD player making DVD's "stick" during playback. This freezes up the TV and you have to turn off the entire unit and start all over again. Target would only let us exchange it since we didn't have the original box and packing.

We started having the same problem on and off in March. Now you can't even watch an entire DVD without it sticking, making the DVD player worthless to use, which was the main reason we purchased this TV. TRUTECH only offers a 90 day limited warranty. This shows they don't have much faith in the quality of their product! We paid $330 for this worthless unit. To have it not work the first time is acceptable. To have it fail twice is unbelievable. The sound is also going out. We used to set it at 13 and now it has to be at least 25.