Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 17, 2009
Just when I find a bra I like, it gets discontinued. In a search for a new bra, I came across the Glamorise Front Close Stretch Lace Wonderwire Bra and found it to be just about everything I was looking for. I am a plus size woman. The only downside for me was that the cups are very sheer and do not do much to conceal my nipples -- especially when I am wearing lightweight shirts/blouses. I fixed that problem by wearing bra discs inside the bra. This bra is very comfortable and there is no struggle getting it on or off. I have been wearing this style bra for over a year. It wears well and I have never been poked like I was with other underwire bras.
33 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2011
Finding a front closing bra in a big girl size is almost impossible so of course they are the only ones I prefer. First off I think that anyone who rates a bra by saying it didnt fit is not in the correct size. I went to soma.com and used their calculator to find my size and boy was I wearing the wrong one. I then went to Amazon, found this bra, purchased it in the correct size and I have worn it all day now without any wires digging into my side or straps slipping. Yes there is a dart on the cups but I agree with the other reviewer that it does make it look like the girls are saluting the sun instead of earthworms ,which is a good thing. I also think that as I wash this bra and the lace softens that will no longer be the very small issue that it is. On top of fitting well it doesnt look like your maiden aunts playtex number, this actually looks lacy and sexy. I like it so much I just ordered two more because as history shows, if I like it, they will discontinue it.

UPDATE: Well it's been four days now ( easily wearing it for 14 hours each day )and I can still say this is a great bra. I read the review about not being able to open the clasp. Dont know what their problem was but it is a very sturdy but basic clasp. You slide the two ends together, flatten them and they click. Very easy. The underwire lies flat and doesnt show, the front of the bra does not stick out. I truly feel that woman that had those problems are wearing the wrong size bra. The girls have never looked better and I actually think this bra makes me look thinner too.
33 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
I have never bought a bra w/o trying it on before. I only wear front close bras for the convenience of getting dressed/getting in and out of a bra. I chose this one b/c it is hard to find unpadded bras and front closures that are not racerback and do not have wide straps. The seam does come down the front of the cup as mentioned in the reviews, but it doesn't look bad or show under clothing-I don't wear tight tshirts, though, so I am not sure if that would make any difference.

I ordered a 36D and had NO problem with the wire above the clasp "sticking out" as mentioned, although I've had that problem in the past. Very importantly, I am short/petite (maybe 5'1" at best) and this is one of the only front close bras I've ever found that doesn't cut high into my underarms and it also adjusts well at the shoulders for my height. I wished I would have ordered a 38 as it seemed very tight in the beginning. If I order again (I bought 3) I may try the next chest band size up. Or maybe I gained weight!

Finally, I don't at all feel it is too sheer or see through; the lace does not allow you to see through it. Since my old style was discontinued, I love this one and will buy it again when necessary. The lace is a little on the rough side, but it isn't very bothersome and is worth it for the all over fit and style of the bra which has otherwise been hard to find. I can wear it all day comfortably, I just wish I would have ordered a chest band size one larger than my usual.
on January 11, 2012
I am what they call a "full-figured woman." For me, this is a perfect bra in terms of style and comfort. The straps are wide, the underwires are cushioned, and it closes in front, so it's comfortable to put on and comfortable to wear. It also gives a very nice look under clothes, which we all want. It runs true to size and at the amazon price, it's a real bargain. I recommend it highly.
on June 1, 2010
I bought 2 of these bras and they are comfortable but . . . . they must have been designed by a man because I can't imagine a woman would put a seam right down the front to the center of the cup. Some may call this a dart. What ever it is, it doesn't complement a light weight top. It makes your nipple look like it's sticking out when in actuality it's the beginning of the seam. I'm sure that with a sweater or heavier top it won't be a problem but for the summer tops it could be embarrassing. It's hard to find a good front hook bra so I will keep these but continue my search.
22 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
After Warner's discontinued my favorite front close bra, I went looking for a substitute. A few false starts later, I came across the Glamorise. The reviews were positive, the price was pretty good, and I decided to take a chance. I am so happy I did - it really lives up to the reviews! It is so much more comfortable than any other bra I have worn, I'm sorry I didn't discover it sooner. The hint about ordering one cup size larger was right on - perfect fit. You just put it on in the morning & forget about it the rest of the day - no riding up, no sliding straps, just pure comfort. A few people noticed the darts in front showing, but, hey, it gives you that "perky" look. I have since ordered 3 more & hope they never discontinue it!!
on January 24, 2014
Purchased several of these - they are quite pretty and do fit well. but the reason I give it a one star is that the underwire that is supposed to go UNDER your breasts, also goes BETWEEN your breasts. The wires also poke out into your clothing and cannot be bent back into shape. It gets worse as you wash them. Will not purchase again. Pity.
on January 14, 2014
I had to send this bra back unfortunately. Though the fit was perfect around the back and cups, the underwires in the front poked out through the front of my shirt, making it look as though I was sprouting antlers out of my chest. Very disappointing.
on January 6, 2008
The bra is nicely made and fairly easy to hook in front. It has a plastic hook where one side slides into the other from the top. You have to hold the two pieces together at the correct angle to get the barrel piece into the other side. The cups are really small. I am, and got, a double d, but this fit me like a C cup, so I had to return it. I was a little disappointed in the mini lining. There is about a one inch strip inside the cups, on the bottom, to add extra support, but it doesn't lay flat until it's on you. It didn't bother me once the bra was on though.
on January 6, 2014
Dangerous Bra,, and not in a sexy way. If you hugged someone , you might stab them. The underwire connecting to the fronT closure sticks wAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OUT!
Too bad because it is quite lovely to look at, but if you bent your head you'd gauge your eyes out!