Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 8, 2008
For the past decade or so I've been a Logitech mouse user; I have loved their mouses. But lately I had gotten into a cycle of spending $50 to $70 for a Logitech mouse and having it break within 12-18 months. Tired of spending so much for a product that lasts such a short time, I wanted to try something different.

My main requirement was: (1) a wired mouse (I don't like having to deal with the vagaries of wireless mouses); (2) 5 buttons: the usual left/right and center button/scroll bar with "back" and "forward" buttons on the side, very convenient for many applications, especially web browsing.

This iConcepts mouse fit my requirements and for only $20 I wanted to give it a try. After using it for 4 months, I've been disappointed and finally stopped using it. The problems I encountered/disliked were:

(1) The mouse did not move smoothly and easily over the type of mouse pad I've been using for the past 15 years or so. I had to switch to a mouse pad with a much smoother surface just to get the main mouse motion to be smoother (the replacement mouse pad did help a bit).

(2) Even with the smoother mouse pad, I still found problems with the mouse sort of "sticking" to the mouse pad through just friction. For example, I do a fair amount of image editing, which often requires you needing to move the pointer just a pixel or two on the screen. That's very difficult to do with this mouse--you start applying a little pressure to try to move the mouse just a smidgen, it "sticks", then when it finally moves, it causes the pointer to move much farther than you intended; 20-30 pixels instead of 1 or 2.

(3) Basic motion of the pointer on the screen doesn't always match what I'm expecting. That is, I might want to move the pointer to close a window, I move the mouse in the direction I want the pointer to go, and I end up in an unexpected place, too high or too low, too far left or right. And like I said in some applications I use, it's very important that the pointer matches the mouse movement I'm expecting.

I was a bit surprised that this "laser" mouse didn't have a visible laser light (usually red) that I've seen in other laser mouses. I did try a few times pressing the button on the bottom of the mouse which is supposed to increase its accuracy/resolution (I think), but for me it just seemed to approximatly double its speed moving the pointer across the screen and didn't solve the other problems mentioned above.

I *wanted* to give this product a good review as an inexpensive alternative to overpriced Logitech mouses, but unfortunately I cannot and I've had to give up using this mouse in favor of the cheap-o Dell mouse that came with my computer (no back/forward buttons, but it otherwise works very well).
on April 5, 2011
I bought this just to have a USB mouse for my laptop or desktop. Now my wife uses it for her laptop. It's perfect if what you're looking for is a basic mouse to move around your desktop. If you're a gamer and you overclock your system, etc, etc, then... you probably aren't looking at this mouse anyway, because there are a gajillion gaming mice available at way more of a pricetag.

If you don't need a bluetooth mouse, don't want to worry about battery life in the mouse, and don't care if you have a cord, then this mouse is a good choice.
on June 10, 2012
i ordered this and they sent the wrong one

i notifed them and they sent the wrong one again

i returned both with all receipts in the same box
but never got credited for both

so i got charged for one i didnt keep
i called to explain but they either didnt get it or didnt care

so stay away, you will get a cheap wireless unit and will get screwed when you return it
on March 5, 2009
First: the reviewer who had problems with the mouse action probably did not uninstall the Logitech software from his last mouse. I had the same problem, uninstalled, and then the mouse action was really excellent.

HOWEVER: The reason I bought this mouse is because I like having the extra buttons to copy/paste. But the mouse comes with no driver, nor does the manufacturer provide on one the website. Buttons 4 & 5 are "hardwired" to be the forward/back browser buttons. So I gave this mouse to my kids and ordered one with true 5-button functionality.
on February 12, 2009
Great product, it does everything I would want it to do for gaming and otherwise. I don't do any graphics design, so I do not know how well it would fair for those types of applications. the only "issue" that I have is that the 4th and 5th buttons seem to be backwards; you have to hit the button going forward to go backward, and the button closest to you to go forward. It took about a half hour to get used to, but after that its fine.