Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 28, 2008
These are definitely worth the cost. My first pair lasted five years. They are warm and sturdy. I'd tried buying a cheaper pair that were a different brand (Acorn), but they weren't sturdy and I couldn't walk in them because it was like wearing a pair of slippery socks with a hard sole, so it was a waste of time and money. These have a good sole and are made of a heavy wool that holds your foot in so you're not slipping all around when you walk in them or when you go up and down stairs. I highly recommend these.
on January 18, 2008
My wife and I are on our second set of Haflingers, and I just cross my fingers that they never go out of business. Our entire house is covered with hardwood floors. Most wool slippers have a rubber or plastic sole which scrapes and scuffs the floors. My theory is that if you can hear a slipper contacting the hardwood, then there can be some level of abrasion. The soft sole wool Haflinger, however, glides like felt and arguably cleans your floors as you shuffle. The design and quality of detail is top quality without spots of misfit sharp edges, and the seams/stitches are reinforced. The slipper simply feels like a high quality soft shoe. I finally got rid of my old pair after 6 years, which is long past the due date of any shoe that I've ever owned.
on April 28, 2015
Decent slippers but I have only had them for 5 months of normal use and the sole is detaching from the shoe! I was hoping they would last a while given the price, but it turns out the quality wasn't what I paid for!
review image review image
on April 12, 2014
I just thought I'd write a review after my first pair of slippers bit the dust. It's only been nine months, but I knew there were issues with longevity based on all the other reviews. And I work at home, so I was literally wearing them during all waking hours. I was hoping they'd last a little longer though, thus the four-star review instead of a five-star review. Still, they got me through a really bad case of plantar fasciitis, and I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone suffering from foot problems. I think you have to look at them as more of a temporary solution to a problem. For example, you wouldn't complain if a band-aid didn't hold up after using it for several months. Of course, these are much expensive than a band-aid, but for me, it was definitely worth $60 for nine months of relatively pain-free feet. Going forward though, I decided to switch over to the Haflinger Storm Flat with the hope that they'll last a bit longer. And I have a spare pair of the AS slippers in the closet for any future flare-ups. One last thing - I decided to hand wash these in the future. I think the washing machine might have contributed to their fast decline. There was often felt coming off and stitching coming undone after a machine wash, especially toward the end.
on November 5, 2011
[...]
Haflinger AS Slipper,Black,42 EU

These breathable wool slippers are unisex in EU sizes for either men or women in this style; just depends upon the size and color ordered. This is my 10th pair of these great slippers; would have no others. And worth every penny! Especially considering the good price Amazon has and free shipping.

First, the slipper cradles your foot in softness and a good snug, but not tight fit. It has a supportive insole with a bit of an arch and all in all is a top quality slipper for anyone's foot. It is especially helpful, however, for those with tender feet, flat feet, sore feet, those who wear orthotics or anyone who just does not want cold feet in the winter. They have a non slip sole that is meant for wearing indoors although you could wear them in the car if you have an attached garage and do not get out of the car while out anywhere. (You would wear them out very quickly if you did; not meant for that. Haflinger also makes a slipper with solid surface sole for wearing outside a bit and they also make very nice shoes for outdoor wear. I have a pair of their very soft supple leather clogs.)

For me, having a slipper with a fairly supple sole so I can feel the ground somewhat...although there is enough padding for softness...and sort of grip with my feet, is a real plus for security and I can somewhat exercise my feet in them while seated, much as you can wearing just socks. They feel very natural on the foot.

I keep 4-5 pair of these handy and wear them in the house most all year. That way, I can put a pair into the wash every week and have others to rotate so they last longer. I order a pair every few months and toss out the oldest pair. I love the glove like fit of the newest ones and when a pair gets out of shape and does not spring back from washing, or starts to come apart around the seam of the sole, time to replace for sure.

I like black as it works with my slacks and I look dressed in the house for family and visitors. You can't say that about many slippers.

I would recommend these slippers for anyone, man or woman, who wants the most comfortable slipper. But particularly if you need a bit of support in the arch...order a size or two up if you wear orthotics. And they are especially good for people who have sensitive feet and hard floors, or who have foot or circulation problems. As I said, you can exercise your feet somewhat with them on as they are not stiff. Not an orthotic slipper per se, but they do the job well. No; they do not wear like leather. But then, they are top quality and you are not paying for leather so you can purchase more or more often. You will find them worth every penny. And Amazon makes it so convenient. Personally, I watch for when they have black in stock, but other colors fit just as well.
on December 29, 2013
I had tried other slippers - this was my 3rd attempt. THEY ARE FABULOUS. I decided since I wear an eight shoe, I would order the size 40 (European) - which is larger than 8s. They are so comfortable. There is a slight arch support buried in this sole - and I am sure that is what I love about them. They just cuddle your feet as only real wool can do - they are warm in the chilly weather and cool in the warmth. They were more expensive then the other two but the return policy is so easy - I thought, 'why not'. I am not disappointed in the least. I highly recommend these slippers.
on December 24, 2015
We have multiple sets of Haflinger slippers for inside our home. We love them. They are really the most comfortable slipper around. I was very disappointed in this pair for my wife as they didn't even last 6 months without the sole beginning to come undone on one of the slippers. I did try to contact Haflinger directly. They were polite but would not stand behind the craftsmanship after the 6 month period of time. This was extremely frustrating. With multiple pairs in our home, I feel as if I have a pretty good idea of how long they will last. This pair's wear history is not similar to our other pairs. It leads me to believe that the stitching was defective on this pair. Judge for yourself (image attached) by viewing the right slipper on my wife's foot. The left slipper of this pair is just fine, also suggesting something was defective on one slipper. I do wish Haflinger would have provided better customer service and not hide behind the 6 month "cut off" of their warranty on craftsmanship, especially for a long time customer. This pair of slippers are about 9 months old. I also was hoping that Amazon would provide some help with this, but their site claims the product is not longer "returnable". So, in summary, the reason for the 1 star is for customer service issues. We love these slippers and they are super comfortable. However, they are pretty expensive slippers for 9 months of wear. Also, make sure to inspect them carefully prior to the 6 month warranty deadline so that you can send them back and get a new pair. BTW our other slippers are just fine with no defects.
review image
on April 17, 2008
These are my favorite slippers. They have some arch support, which makes my feet much happier than in standard support-less slippers. Also, they are nonslip but quiet, unlike standard rubber-soled slippers which clunk noisily on hardwood floors.
on February 14, 2015
I have hyperhidrosis (sweaty feet) and so finding slippers which can both stand up to my issue as well as be washed has been an impossibility... until now. Anything with fluffy lining gets matted down quickly, and because my feet are always damp anything I wear becomes stinky and unbearable quickly. These slippers are amazing - the perfect amount of padding and arch support, and I've washed and dried them twice with ease and great results. I am officially a lifetime user of these slippers... my decades long search has finally come to an end!
on January 3, 2007
These slippers fit more like shoes and offer support more like shoes than loose slippers. The wool soles have beads of a non-skid substance which provide traction on hard-surface floors.