Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Original MuckBoots Adult Chore Hi-Cut Boot
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 21, 2007
I am a huge Muck Boot fan (note - there are knock offs out there - I am talking about boots made by the Muck Boot Co and under the Muck Boot brand). We use these exclusively on my ranch in Montana and have purchased just about every make and model they have from the Muck Shoes all the way up to the cold weather arctic versions and everything in between.

The neoprene uppers stay soft and are tough in the rough. They are easy on and off due to the soft uppers. I have a high arch and full length rubber boots are always very hard for me to get off. These boots, since the uppers fold down, are much easier to get off.

They work fine over the pant or under the pant. The only time I have seen them break down is when my employees ride motorcycles out to change wheel line, etc. and they hook them on the foot pegs. This can tear the uppers, so they are not indestructible. The rubber bottoms are very well constructed. The steal toe versions of the boots provide good front foot protection. Size seems pretty standard, so if you are a men's 10, the 10 seems to fit true. A typical pair of boots will last years on the ranch and I have never seen one come apart in any place. The sole will wear out before the boot breaks down. Leaking has never been a problem.
One note: The tack or scrub version of the boots has a sole that is not really made for great gripping on slick surfaces (at least that is my experience). They work fine in the barn, but if you are going to be doing a bunch of walking outdoors, over ice or slick mud, I recommend the "lug" soles.

I have worn the arctic version of the boot in very cold weather (-10 F) and your feet will stay warm with a good sock. I would not use them to stand for long periods of time in very cold weather, as there are better boots made for that kind of performance. The non-arctic versions get worn all year around unless it's very cold.

These boots are not cheap in price, but the last thing I want is wet, cold or sore feet or a boot that breaks down quickly. Muck Boots perform very well and will outlast cheaper brands by a long time.
77 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I was so glad to have these boots when we were hit with 15" of snow. They are pretty easy to get on because of the slightly stretchy top and shoe neck and are warmer than you'd think. I had to shovel my way to the barn and my feet never felt cold, but even after wearing them inside for a while, thinking I might have to go back out again, my feet didn't get hot either which surprised me. It didn't seem like they'd breathe but apparently they do somehow. They slid off very easily with a bootjack.

For sizing, they run a little big which gives you room for warm socks. Both foot and top are lined with smooth cushioned fabric which seems to hug your foot so they feel especially comfortable inside, not just a rubber shell.

I've had the boots for a while but never had occasion to wear them before this big snow. They really served me well. My big toes have gone rigid due to arthritis so normally I can't get tall boots on, but these have enough give to let me slide in with a lot less effort than I expected. I also have wide calves, but the tops have enough give to fit nicely while not binding. I wish they had even more foot support than they do, but the support is decent and gave me enough flexibility to adapt to the uneven footing in the packed snow and I felt very secure. After a couple of days of melting and refreezing, I added YakTrax Yaktrax Walker Traction Cleats for Snow and Ice to the bottoms to have stable footing on the ice as well. Because of the rim around the sole of the boot, the Yaktrax stayed securely on and I could do what I needed to without fear of falling.

All in all these boots are great in the snow and highly recommended.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2015
I've had these "Chore "Muckboots for almost a year. No complaints at all until today. The left boot now leaks water from stress flexing of the upper soft part where it joins to the stiffer rubber bottom part. There are reinforcement strips of harder rubber that run up the front and rear of each boot.
All four reinforcement strips have fractured at the junction of the soft upper to the harder rubber bottom of the boot. The leak is coming from one of the fractured areas about 6" from the base of the boot. My photo shows the fracture and holes beneath the fracture point.

I'm in contact with the factory now but they are reluctant to take warranty responsibility since I bought them through Amazon and not directly from their store. The boots are warranted for 1 year against defects and I've owned them 11 months now. The boots are 100% waterproof according to the mfgr.
review image
on November 2, 2014
These were a comfortable boot while they lasted. Unfortunately they don't last very long. I went through THREE Pairs in just over two years wearing them 15 minutes twice a day. All three failed in the exact same spot. My teenage kids cheap $15 irrigation boots last longer than these do. So while they are comfortable, it is hard to justify the price due to the extremely short life of them. Making matters worse, I contacted Muck to voice my concerns and they didn't care about my dissatisfaction or the issue. When I pointed out that poor customer service and a defective product certainly won't help their company succeed long term and that this sure to cost them many customers, the CS reps response was "SO". Won't ever by a muck product again.
on September 15, 2008
I needed tall waterproof boots for hiking in the woods. These are comfortable and do not slip up and down like most rubber boots. They are warm and I can wear them in the winter to play in the snow with my grandchildren. For muddy spring gardening they will be great. You can roll them down to take them off.
on June 18, 2012
Unlike most people who bought this boot, I use it as a field boot for trecking through marshes and bogs. The are very study, clean up easily, and 100% water proof. In fact, just today I had to cross a creek and my feet remained totally dry. The treads on the bottom provide plenty of traction, even in slippery mud or algae coated rocks. The run a little big (I ordered a 8 as that's the sneaker size I wear) but are still very comfortable and they don't fall off (I feel a 7.5 would have been best, but the 8s I have work great). I recommend these boots for any one looking for comfortable, durable, waterproof boots for dirty wet conditions.
on January 3, 2011
I've never used MuckBoots before but I'm really happy with these boots. I think this boot may have received bad reviews because people didn't really understand what it's really good for. I use these boots because I get DIRTY and I work in DIRTY situations. We live on a farm and I am constantly jumping in with pigs, cows, chickens, in muddy fields, etc. These boots are great for being in muddy situations and keeping my feet and the better part of my calves clean.

The only real cons for me are that I don't personally love the design of the slightly raised heel. Also, the meshy upper part of the boot collects dust and dirt -- sometimes I beat it like I beat the dirt out of rugs (but you weigh the pros and the cons and I still prefer it the way it is because it makes slipping the boot on easier.) Lastly, the description says it has a reinforced heel and such, but it just means extra plastic -- not steel toe, which is fine for me, I didn't want steel toe.

Overall, I can walk through mud, pig fields, cow fields, chicken houses, you pretty much name it and I don't feel too dirty after I take the boots off!
on November 2, 2013
My wife and I have owned several pairs of these boots, so I have plenty of experience with them. These boots, when new, are great--they are warm yet not clammy; dry in wet conditions; the sole is slip-resistant; comfortable WHEN NEW. However, the lining is prone to wearing out inside the boot at the heel. When this happens, your socks start to wear out immediately, and your heel can get blisters. This happens within a few months of regular wear.

Why have I owned several pairs, given this problem? Because I can't find a boot this comfortable when new. However, I think I'm done with them. I should get more than four months out of my boots. I've tried improving the fit with inserts and moleskin inside the instep. Once the interior breaks down I've tried applying moleskin at the heel, but it just doesn't stay.

I've read that applying duck tape works. I might try it. If anyone has more suggestions for fixes or alternative boots, I'd like to hear them. Perhaps getting a good fit in a long-lasting slip-on boot is too much to ask. I have been wearing my lace-up work boots lately. My gait seems better in them anyway--I don't "trudge" as I do wearing slip-on boots.
on February 17, 2012
Wonderful boot, I wear shoveling snow and on my boat, they do not mess up my fiberglass with black marks, and they are very warm and very comfortable except recently they came apart, the laminate between the bottom of the boot and now makes a flapping sound. I have worn these for 3 years off and on. I would buy another pair though because I've been through many pairs of boots and these are the best.
on October 31, 2015
Love them... stylish ... Keeps my feet dry... Comfy.... A bit heavy I'm a size 7 and a half in women..so they sent me a 6 in men... My feet didn't get hot...I love them..I got my daughter a pair also!
review image review image review image