Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on December 18, 2007
Have had this machine for about a week and a half now. In our terms that is about 50 triple shot lattes. It has performed perfectly thus far. It does everything automatically. All you have to do is decide how many times to press the button for espresso shots, and then foam your own milk. It grinds, packs, and pressurizes for a perfect espresso shot every time. The steam wnad produces a fantastic micro bubble foam. Do not let the foam or milk go above the black plastic tip into the rubber handle area of the steam wand, as it will stop foaming properly. You simply have to move the pitcher back down to the plastic tip area and the foam starts forming porperly again.

It takes a little playing around with the settings to get it exactly the way you want it. One thing that seemed odd to me, and I have never owned an espresso machine, mush less an automatic: use the minimum volume setting for a plain espresso shot. Increasing volume only makes the machine pour hot water after the espresso shot has been poured, I guess creating a coffee.

Water reservoir holds plenty of water, about a liter. Discard bin for the grounds goes about 6 or so shots worth of grounds. It is probably the only complaint I have. I have to clean out the machine once a day since we do more than 6 shots a day. I suppose it is a function of making the machine as compact as possible.

Thus far it has been a great machine, and if anything changes my mind I will update this review. The orange in the picture here is fairly accurate. It is a pretty machine, and as I have grown tired of stainless steel, and do not like black appliances because they show every bit of dirt, it has been the right choice for us.
on March 3, 2008
I have been impressed with this machine, especially given the price (as compared to other units). It's a fun, stylish unit that adds some flair to my kitchen. The process of changing water, emptying grounds and adding beans is super easy. I especially like the adjustable shelf, which allows the machine to accommodate a variety of coffee cup sizes. Wand is adjustable for preparing milk or hot tea. It's actually fairly quiet even when grinding beans. Only design 'flaw' I would mention is that the warning light is not very specific (machine could be out of water, beans, or grounds may need to be emptied), so you have to check all three. All in all, this is a great machine!
on August 1, 2008
I am loving this machine. I use it every morning for cappuccino and plenty of espressos on the weekend. You have to turn it all the way to strongest flavor and smallest water to get a real coffee but on those settings it almost as good as being in Italy.

I have removed a star because of the waste receptacle that collects the used coffee grounds and excess water. The coffee ground receptacle is small but OK, depending on how much coffee you drink you might have to empty it every day. But for me I empty it each time I empty the water receptacle...which is after each time I make coffee. The excess steam from two cappuccinos fills the receptacle without fail. As there are only two of us this is not so bad, but I can imagine with a larger group of people having to empty the waste water all the time would quickly get annoying.

Overall though, for the price, this machine will make you very good coffee at the touch of a button and so I recommend it highly, its a pity that in getting everything into the small form factor the waste disposal system got shrunk too much.
on February 19, 2008
The Saeco Odea Giro makes good espresso and is quick to heat up. General speaking, it is a convenient and stylish machine.

My perspective, this machine has some drawbacks. First, the steam wand uses cheap plastic material. The position of rubber handler is misplaced. The rubber touches milk foam almost every time when I make cappuccinos. I cannot understand a $700 machine uses such cheap plastic for steam wand either. Second, the drip water tray is small. If you only make coffee, you probably will be OK. If you need to make milk foam, the machine will ask you to clean up the water tray for every two cups of cappuccinos. It is annoying. Third, the water tank is small. If you like hot coffee, you probably need hot water to warm up your cup. Well, you need to fill up the water tank often. Last, you normally would like to keep coffee bean in a cool place. This machine has coffee bean grinder next to the cup warmer. Cup warmer is not practical to use, but warm the coffee bean every time when you make coffee. It is a bad idea and bad design.

The Saeco customer support is not consistent. One gentleman was rude and put me on hold for 20 minutes till I gave up. One lady was very nice to answer my question. So if you don't get your answer, make the second call to confirm it.