Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 25, 2010
I have been trying every 6" boot on the market and these are by far the best I've used. I walk for a living (mailman) so I really give my shoes and boots a workout. Break in is fast (usually takes weeks to get a pair comfortable to wear) these are comfortable within the third or forth wearing. They provide excellent ankle support, removable inner sole is great and the soles are very slip resistant. I rotate wearing with 2 pairs in order to give them a chance to totally dry out between wearings. I now own 4 pairs of these boots....don't know about wear on soles yet, but I suspect 4 pair will get me through 1 year. That's about normal for the miles I put on my shoes at work.
22 comments44 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2012
These boots are comfortable from day one. I had another pair of Timberland Pro boots I purchased in 2004 and wanted an exact replacement. That style was no longer available and these appeared to be the closest match. The sole is taller and different on this pair - waffle stomper soles like to pick up 1/4 minus gravel and cherry pits left by the birds. The leather almost has a synthetic feel to it - I know it isn't but it just has a strange quality. The boots tend to have a wider than usual footbed - I like having room for my foot to move in my boot. If you have a normal size foot for your shoe size and like a snug boot, these might not be the ones for you. I got a great price on Amazon and wear these boots every day in comfort.

November 25, 2012 update: The sole is kind of falling apart -- from the edges. I wish I could have bought the old boots.

February 5, 2013 update: sole continues to chunk off. I can't recommend these boots.
11 comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2010
These boots are great for work. The only problem is if you work around ice they tend to slide more than other work boots. My last pair of work boots I could walk on ice without slipping, but the TimPro's aren't up to the task.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
I first tried a pair of the Timberland Pro Direct Attach light brown boots in size 11D at a local store. They squeezed my feet a bit side to size, so I figured the wide version (11W) would solve the problem. But the local store didn't have the wide sizes Timberland Pro makes, nor did they have half sizes above size 10.

Amazon.com to the rescue! :) Here I found all the sizes in-stock in both in wide and regular. I ordered an 11W from Amazon. Since 11D was too tight side to side, then 11W should be just the ticket. I ordered in dark brown this time, a color the local store didn't stock.

But to my surprise the 11W turned out to be longer in addition to (much) wider! Didn't make any sense. Going from 11D to 11W should not change the length. But it did - these were now slipping around side to side and top to bottom. The only thing I can figure is going from light brown to dark brown must have affected something. Maybe the two colors are made in different parts of the world on different machines.

Back they went thanks to Amazon's great return policy and I went down to a 10.5W on the replacement order, figuring maybe they would get smaller in both directions. Sure enough, that is what happened. The 10.5W fit perfectly. Less wide side to side and and also less long front to back. I wound up then buying a second pair of the 10.5W from Amazon.com since the first fit so well. But... here we go again with Timberland's apparently loose calibration on their fabrication machines. Same shoe, same size, same color, but this pair was now slightly tight side to side. After a day of wearing they stretched out sufficiently and are OK.

At this point I only have a few days experience with the shoes, but I would buy again, just with the expectation that how a "10.5W" fits may vary a bit from order to order.
on May 29, 2015
They fit me perfectly fine, the only I didn't like is that they weren't strong as I thought they would be, cuz I had another pair before this and they got ripped from the side, and I had before this a cheaper brand that lasted longer, the only difference is that this shoes are constables for the kind of job I have, I had a lot of dead skin before under my feet and it all got fix since I started using this shoes, so, I'm happy with them, but I think you should make them more tougher, I just gonna post a picture of my old shoes to show what was the problem I had with then
review image
on November 23, 2013
My husbands works pest control outdoors in Fla. rain or shine he was buying $36 boots at Walmart that every 2 months peeled (fake leather) they would not pass his company dress inspections. His parents oh well they don't cost that much.
Finally I got him a pair of these he loved them very comfy, nice looking. He can polish them.
Now 14 months later I am ordering him another pair the other ones still are holding up but would need insoles. You can't go wrong with these.
on November 7, 2012
These boots are very nice. They look good and are great on your feet. I've been wearing them for over a week at work which is about 65-70 hours on my feet all day and I love them. My only issue is they are about a half a size to big. I have another pair of timberland boots that are a size 13 and they fit great. Not sure what the difference is but ordered thermal socks so I hope that helps with size issue. But great boots buy them. Rated three stars cause of size issue only.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2015
Bought these boots last year around Christmas time, the inside broke down and tore within 2 or 3 month and now as of yesturday, 6/17/2015 the outside on one of the boots is separating for the sole of the boot! Would love to be able to contact the seller but can't seem to find a way to contact them, imagine that!!! Don't buy these boots, I thought Timberland was a durable brand but I guess that can;t with stand a tire and lube shop!!! Had Wal-Mart boots last longer!!!
review image
on September 9, 2011
Look nice, feel comfortable and last fairly long. This is the 4th pair I have purchased over the years. I used to buy Golden Retrievers but have since started wearing these instead. Best price I could find was on Amazon.
on November 13, 2013
I don't know what to make of these boots. I've owned a lot of work boots, practically a new pair every nine to twelve months for twenty plus years, although I haven't had a set of Timberland boots in almost a decade.

First thing I noticed was that they came pre-scuffed in several places even though they were clearly brand new, including what looked like vice marks on the sole. No big deal, the scuffs are small and they were going to be work boots not dress shoes. Then I noticed the welt to the sole was gouged in a couple of places, mostly across the curves of the fronts. It didn't seem to effect the seal of the sole to the body of the boot, so again for work boots it should be fine. Then the leather... This stuff had a PVC like feel to it, as though it was coated in something. Weird, not like any other leather boot I've owned but perhaps some special waterproofing. Next the synthetic material upper pad on one of the boots was cracked a bit, not a lot, but something it usually takes a winter of wear to happen. All of that and as mentioned in other reviews lined with Thermolite not Thinsulate. And that was before I tried the boots on.

Well I needed new water resistant work work boots NOW, so I was ready to accept all of that if they fit. Many other reviews list this boot as fitting loose in the width. I have always worn 10.5 D (medium width boots) and I figured it would be fine, but if not it's getting cold so I could just grab some thick socks. So I lace them up, put them on and already it seems tight in the width. Really tight. Beyond "new boots need broken in" tight. I walk down the hall and back a bit, maybe 50 yards in total. Already I feel actual pain across the top width of my feet. What in the world! I've never had anything like this.

I can only hope that by some fluke I ended up with a pair of factory seconds and this isn't typical of Timberland boot these days. Either way back they go (thank you Amazon for your great return policy) and off I go to find some replacements.

See 1 answered question