Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on October 21, 2005
The sound is decent, the drawback - no power adapter included in the set (12V DC) and no power input jack, only 2 bare wires hanging loose. Gave me a run around to get a transformer first, then I had to go to Radio Shack to spend additional $10 for female transformer jack connector, solder it to the wires.

Also, there is no mention on Amazon or the Pyle web site about the receiving range - it's only 6 or 8 meters max.

And, there is no real manual for this product yet, just small flyer type of paper included with basic info. No PDF product manual on the Pyle web site is available yet too.

Otherwise, the headphones work well with a decent sound coming out of it within the specified range.
on August 2, 2009
I bought these to use on TV in living room, which worked out ok. The only problem is that they have narrow width and depth transmission and reception. The transmitter cannot be more the 10 to 15 feet away or the reception degrades the further the distance and width is no more than 30 degrees so it has to be placed right at center of where you will be seated. In order to make this work in home environment you have to use a 12 volt converter that can be purchased at Radio Shack. I also used these in my car with a factory installed DVD system with wireless headphones. The car DVD system came with two wireless headphones and one broke so when I got these I just tried one by turning on the system in the car and I was surprised that it worked. Now I'm not sure if all car DVD systems work on RF Frequency or that they all work on the same frequency but they did in my case.
on August 14, 2012
Crap. Absolute crap. Had the IR transmitter professionally installed into our existing overhead DVD player. It has power and the lights come on and the audio plug it is plugged into was verified that it works by testing it through the AUX IN in the dash. The IR transmitter wouldn't even work with the two sets of headphones that came with it, new batteries and all. And the headphones wouldn't work with the existing DVD player. I was looking to boost the IR signal from the DVD player as you have to sit directly in front of it for our kid's headphones to work, and sitting in the third seat means the headphones won't work at all. So when the new PYLE IR transmitter was connected, the IR from the existing DVD player was turned off so not to interfere with the new PLYE one. Still nothing. So I unplugged the PYLE IR transmitter hoping that at least the new PYLE headphones would work with my existing DVD player so it wouldn't be a total loss. But after I turned on the IR from the DVD player....nothing from the PYLE headphones. PYLE...appropriately named.
on August 27, 2007
Very good product. I ordered this set to use on my home television. I used a 12VDC transformer I had from a previous product, spliced it onto the pigtail power leads, connected it to the TV audio output, and am very happy with the results. This unit is intended for use in a van or auto, but it is also an outstanding choice for in home. The sound quality is faultless.
on November 11, 2015
Don't buy this product....why...here's why
1. Since when did you buy a product in this hi-tech world where no power supply is included just 2 bare wires for you to connect something to....what no plug??? (See picture 1). Plug 'n' play should be suggested to the clever people at Pyle
2. Once you realise there's no plug and just a red wire and black wire, then you have to trawl the internet to find a solution because the clever people at Pyle supply an instruction leaflet that is a complete waste of paper with no help on it what-so-ever! (I see they advise to buy a separate adapter now at an additional cost - but this was not an option 5 months ago when I bought it)
3. Having bought the plug with adapter and screw fixings to connect the black and red wire (see picture 2) - not forgetting that you have to buy the correct voltage of adapter otherwise this wonderful (sarcastic tone implied) product may explode!! I am getting more excited as I can now (after a few weeks delay) connect this to my TV and listen through the headphones....hang on a minute...WHAT THE!!!!!! The red and white stereo audio input jacks are female connectors and so is the back of my TV.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! So you also have to supply your own male to male audio wires - see picture 2.
4. Joy of joy, I have now connected all wires and sit back to use my headphones....hang on a minute....no sound coming through the headphones.....1 hour later after trying everything possible I stumble across the solution, if you constantly roll the rolling volume wheel on the side of the headphones back and forth by a macro millimeter sound comes through the headphones and they work for a macro second and then don't work again.
5. Summing up Your Honor, I find Pyle PLVWH6 Dual Wireless IR Mobile Video Stereo Headphones guilty of the most despicable crime to my time and patience, surely Your Honor this company must realise that all anybody wants to do is take a product out of the box, plug it in and it works. What we don't want is to waste our precious time buying additional items and then it still doesn't work!! What have I learnt from this... well it's simple, don't think for 1 second that paying $39.54 for a product and thinking I'm getting a great deal will ever turn out OK. Buy from companies you know, like Sony, Panasonic etc and spend a decent amount of money because then you won't be disappointed.
6. I have just thrown all of it in the rubbish......I'm happy now!
review image review image
on September 3, 2015
Works perfect , the headphones that come with Acura or Honda also works with this units so no Probs if you have visiting kids. Please do not forget to buya "RockBirds New DC 12V 2.0A Switching Power Supply Adapter" if you plan to use it with your TV and projector as this is originally meant for CAR, all you have to do is connect the Red wire to the positive terminal of the Rockbirds "adapter connector" and the black wire to the negative terminal using a screw driver and you are all set.

It is just great for the price you pay, we have been watching late night movies at full theater volume without disturbing the kids or neighbors.
on July 30, 2010
I bought these headphones so that I would not disturb others in adjacent apartments. They work very well. The infrared transimitter is not subject to radio frequency noise and therefore virtually noise free. As with others, my primary complaint is that no transformer comes with the unit. I found a transformer on Ebay for $10.00 shipping included. In addition, I had to buy heat shrink tubing, a soldering iron, solder and male plugs for the audio connection. Also I find the foam on the earpieces a little uncomfortable with extended use, but I'm having a quilter friend fabricate silk covers for them. Everything included, I would definitely buy these again. They are much more than adequate and deliver great clear sound.
on October 14, 2014
We bought these for the kids over a year ago. We've been on many road trips, and the headphones have worked very well.

There were a few issues of, "DAD! I CAN'T HEAR!!!". But we quickly discovered the volume control on each headset and how to work it.

They seem to be durable. Our boys will put any product to the test.

The IR communication has worked well. We haven't experienced any issues with it.

Battery usage in the headphones is low. They last a long while.

We use the headphones with the dual LCD screens from Philips (the PV9002i/37 TwinPlay 9-Inch Dual Screen In-Car Videoviewer for iPod). The system works very well for our kids!

Just be sure to have a secure spot to mount the IR transmitter. Fortunately the center console in my truck is broad and flat, and I can easily pin the transmitter down there so that it broadcasts to the backseat.
on March 14, 2014
I live in a high rise apartment and have a powerful Sony Surround Sound system to use with my Tivo Premier and Infocus Home Theater arrangement. My gf and I sometimes like to watch thriller movies late at night. We have to turn up the sound to hear what the characters are saying and turn it back down when the loud drumming thriller beat takes over. We received a very nice note slipped under the door that the walls were vibrating and our neighbors couldn't sleep. So, after 8pm, we fire these Stereo Headphones up! They do the job and we can watch stuff all night long if we want (in complete environmental silence). I like to flip one ear out of the headset so I can hear my gf's comments. A nice additional enhancement of this product would be a private intercom 'voice over' mic built in to it.
on September 14, 2014
This set of headphones work well and are an alternative to having the subtitles on certain shows that are hard to hear. They are comfortable and have good sound and are easy to adjust. We use them on our large TV in the living room. NOTE THAT these do not have a power adapter included (I think they were originally developed to use in vehicles where they plug into the power outlet (cigarette lighter style). For home use, the leads can just be connected to any 12V power source that plugs into a wall outlet.