Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 9, 2011
I'm not an audiophile, but i know the earbuds that come with the ipod suck.

I've owned Bose buds (which were fantastic before the jack got whonky) and currently still use sennheiser's cx300 II. In comparison, the Goldring's are quite bassy and when using them with my ipod, i have to use the EQ function and boost the treble. This is fine and dandy when i'm using them for my commute (New York subway) and even with all that "boost" there's little to no distortion. But it's far from giving the listener "true" sound. In that regard: the cx300's win hands down.
I do appreciate the 3x ways of wearing the cable (although the 3rd is a bit ridiculous unless you enjoy choking yourself) and when you wear it with one side short and the other long behind the neck, I found it to be as equally annoying as the sennheiser's as they eventually grow heavy on one side and pull.
One of the major benefits of the cx300 is the 90degree jack. As mentioned earlier, the bose's jack just didn't survive the wear & tear of use over a year. I'm concerned that the Goldrings will likely do the same.
Out of the three, the Goldrings certainly does the best in noise cancellation... the buds just fit better in the ear canal. Which is either a good or a bad thing depending on your situation.

So are they worth it? Well, for me: yes, i appreciate the fact that they certainly drown out the rest of the world when i'm walking down a busy city street or sitting in a subway car... but if you're looking for crisper, truer sound and think it's a bit retarded to spend more than 80 bucks on ear buds: I'd recommend the sennheiser cx300's.