Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2013
The chocolate fudge flavor isn't very chocolate-y, but it is definitely the best tasting protein powder on the market, and I'm pretty sure I've tried almost everything. The whipped vanilla is also very good and has a more pronounced flavor than the chocolate (and tiny vanilla bean seeds, which is awesome to see).

I mix both of the flavors with water and ice, and it really does make for a filling meal, nevermind being quite a bit like a milkshake in both taste and texture. I'm down about 30lbs in a bit over 3 months (the old fashion way, diet and exercise), and a double scoop (300 calories) of BSN Lean Dessert for breakfast is not only easy to drink while driving, but keeps me full from 7am to 1pm until lunch. I used to eat oatmeal for about 30 fewer calories and a heck of a lot less protein, but it just didn't keep me full long enough.

Highly recommend these to anyone looking to lose weight and anyone who HATES the chalky/powdery taste of nearly all of the protein shakes out there. The only star reduction comes from the sucralose. Not a fan of the stuff, but it's minimal all things considered and the pros of this protein powder FAR outweigh the cons.
on November 2, 2012
This is a great tasting protein drink. One scoop alone has have the recommended serving of protein for the day at just 150 calories. I like to mix it with half water and half unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I also chuck in half a banana (maybe some peanut butter) and some ground flaxseed for good measure. It's a great way to start the day.
I've never been able to have a shake for breakfast on it's own without still feeling hungry later but this one does the trick. It's thick and hearty enough to keep me satiated without eating something else along side it. If you're looking for some extra protein and not a lot of extra calories, give this one a shot.
on November 16, 2014
I love BSN Whipped Vanilla Cream,it is by far the best protein shake mix I ever tasted. After months of using vanilla, I wanted to try something different. Chocolate Fudge pudding sounds better than it is. Don't get me wrong it is good, but it's not as delicious as the
vanilla. It's a bit bland, compared to the great vanilla taste of the other. I guess I was expecting a richer chocolate taste. But I would still
buy it again,because I really like BSN products, and even though it wasn't as chocolately as I wanted, it's still good, and lower in calories
than alot of shakes. I like how BSN Dessert whips up into a foamy drink. It's like really having dessert.
on January 21, 2013
Love this product! It's absolutely delicious and a must for somebody like me that doesn't eat breakfast but needs to get some nourishment in the morning to get your muscles up and moving. It does NOT have the 'vitamin' taste that a lot of protein powders have ... it's very chocolatey and the vanilla is also very good. I use it with skim milk but you can also cut it with water and it's still tasty.
on May 31, 2013
I love this protein powder. I could drink it plain with water. It's creamy and a bit thick, depending on how much liquid you use, but it's the least chalky one I've tried. The only con I can think of is that the chocolate flavor is slightly bland, but it's still delicious. If I want to enhance the chocolate flavor, I add some unsweetened cocoa powder (which happens to add antioxidants). Sometimes I also add raspberries or mint extract. In the mornings I sometimes add spinach cubes from the freezer (just spinach and water in a blender, frozen) to boost the nutritional content, and the chocolate flavor masks it well. For workouts, I might add skim milk or peanut butter powder. With milk, this seriously tastes like a milkshake. I always look forward to having this shake at the end!
on January 16, 2014
BSN Lean Dessert Powders tackle the two problems encountered when looking for a decent meal replacement/protein powder:
1. The horrid taste of protein powders.
2. High sugar/carb content (being on a low-carb diet, the sugar content of most powders instantly raises red flags).

BSN Lean Dessert Protein solves both problems - delicious AND low-carb! These powders have become my go-to breakfast. A single serving (1 scoop) is enough to satisfy my hunger for several hours while getting a low-calorie dose of protein. I highly recommend using a blender to completely mix; doing so by hand may leave small amounts of powder undissolved. In a blender: 10-12 large ice cubes, 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water and 1 scoop powder makes a delicious 16-18oz slushy. Substitute milk for water for a creamier treat. I have tried Cinnamon, Banana, Chocolate, and Vanilla powders, and all are wonderful. Highly recommend.
on July 17, 2011
I first bought this protien powder at the gym I go to. It was TWICE as expensive. Found out you could get it on Amazon. Like I said, half the price, arrived in just days and it is delicious. I use a magic bullet filled with half ice, covered with skim milk, 1 scoop of protein powder and a banana! Absolutley delightful and sooooo good for you! Highly recommend.
on September 30, 2014
I have taken all sorts of protein powder. Being a former personal trainer and a swim coach, I have tried finding good protein for those needing good taste and clean protein. I am not satisfied with the BSN line. There is better stuff out there that isn't as expensive. I would suggest going to a different protein. This would have been decent if it was made 20 years ago when protein supplements were still so new to the market that no one knew where to go. They need to come up with something better and more cost efficient.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2014
I bought this as a substitute for the GNC lean shake 25 which I use as a breakfast meal replacement. I was really excited after doing quite a bit of research.
Well this didn't keep me full at all. Not even while adding a banana or anything else. I'm literally starving an hour later. This happened two days in a row while I was already out for the day.
I'm very disappointed after spending the money because I'm a student but I'll just use it after workouts instead.
on January 23, 2014
This is our go to protein powder for shakes and we have tried a lot of different brands!!! it tastes great and mixes very good! My favorite post workout shake to make with this is:

1cup Almond/Coconut milk