Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Klipsch F-3 Synergy FloorStanding Loudspeaker (Single, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 29, 2008
I haven't had speakers that performed like these since I was in my twenties. At that time I bought a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater speakers. The big black boxed that they used at concerts. They had what they called an Exponential Horn. I've missed that sound for forty years and didn't realize it until I bought these Klpsch speakers. All I can say is they are wonderful and affordable.....Thank you Albert Kleppe
on February 16, 2009
1st Point of interest....These Speakers Carry lots of Bass and stay "true" at high decibel levels. In fact I find that the bass from these speakers is more than adequate for all types of music(the best part is that the magnificent bass seldom drowns out the highs in the songs,and if this happens adjusting the bass is all you need do) and not too shabby for home theater use either.. The 2 largest things you need to consider are; Do you need Speakers this big? (these are monsters and seem heavier than 60lbs they are listed at)Do you have the luxury of being able to turn these up and Truly enjoy what separates them from lets say a comparable speaker with a more modest Woofer? Also if you have a decent Sub the Added bass may not be worth the added bucks as a prior review may have stated(its really a matter of taste and preference.. I would also like to point out that depending on your receiver, you may be quite pleased at how well they function even with the less powerful amplifiers. I have a 7x75watt or 2x90 Harman Receiver, and although its high current/Bandwidth, its not the worlds most powerful, yet these speakers sound Beautiful, full, Clear and Crisp with much more room to spare in terms of my listening volume(I havent even begun to tap into what they are capable of for fear of being evicted!.. In other words they Are versatile in so far as you can get them running true from a quality Avg wattage amp(Ie: Onkyo,Harman,Denon,Marantz) and still have room to upgrade to something more powerful when your financial situation permits,without worrying that your speakers cant handle it.
on November 29, 2008
For someone that has bought $300 packaged systems from makers like Panasonic or Sony, these speakers will change your sonic expectations...

The F-3 Synergy speakers are just about sufficient by themselves. So far all I use is a Marantz 2275 vintage stereo receiver and these 2 babies and I am hearing sound that I never thought possible. Of course, having the center speakers, surround and a sub will fully flesh out the sound, but these really hold their own by themselves. The Tractrix horns deliver great highs and the 2 8" subwoofers per speaker gives great bass response. As an earlier reviewer mentioned, a standalone subwoofer may not be necessary unless you are seeking booming lows.

For anyone that can dish out the cash, I would definitely recommend these as a start to a great system. You can't go wrong with Klipsch!!!
on January 31, 2008
Purchased the F3s a week ago and I have had the chance to test it out with my Onkyo receiver...I could not be happier. I originally intended to buy the F1s but I got a really good deal on the F3s. The F3s sound great with movies but they really stand out with music, all types of music. I do not have the sub-woofer yet but so far I am finding that I do not need them. I strongly encourage everyone to give these a try if you are into great sound, it may cost a little more than entry level speakers but you will never regret the decision. My only suggestion is you may need an amplifier if you intend to throw a large party in a large area, unless you have a high-powered receiver.
on November 28, 2009
I'm using these in a real home theater setup: 13 stadium-style seats, 12 ft screen & 10 speaker system.

I couldn't be happier.
While is true they have bass it does not overpower the sound -- in fact they excel in clarity across the complete tonal range.
The voices and other front sounds are NOT muffled at all

In other online reviews I've read, many folks do not use a sub-woofer with these and are quite happy.
I do have a sub-woofer and I'm happy with my setup.

They can handle a LOT of power without distortion - and yet they have a good presence at low volumes.

They are great for music listening also as the theater will also double as Karaoke stage.

Best speaker purchase I've ever made.
Would buy again.
Highly recommended.
on January 23, 2013
I have a large "open concept" living room where the kitchen and dining rooms that ajoin the living room are all opened up to it, creating a huge open space that it is hard to tune acoustically. When I bought these speakers, I finally found a set that was more than a match for my situation at a price I could afford, other speakers I had used, the smaller F-2's, Infinity Reference towers, Yamaha towers, and Pioneer book shelf speakers, all seemed to leave a big sonic "hole" in the middle of the room when used for fronts. That all changed when I installed a pair of these babies as front speakers. They soak up around 200 watts apiece like it was nothing, even at the highest volumes there is little distortion, and they are fantastically realistic when playing Blu-ray movies surround tracks. My only complaint is that the Klipschhorns tweeters are a little too much, and no "L-pad" adjustment knob is provided to tone down the excessive highs. I solved that by adding a 10 band equalizer, and decided that if you are going to run any of the Klipsch "Klipschhorn" type speakers, an equalizer is pretty much a requirement, in fact I think they are designed this way because I was able to tune the speakers to an absolutely mind-blowing level of mid and high range clarity using the equalizer - without it, you simply won't get that. Perhaps the designers figured if they blared every possible high frequency at over-amped levels at you, you would have everything you needed to tune them in with an equalizer.
on January 19, 2010
Once I decided to replace my old sound system with separates, I was determined to make the front speakers the focus. They are perhaps a little much for the room size(11 x 18). They are not "bassy" at all and deliver clean and crisp sound across my listening range and at various volumes. I was not expecting such a fresh sound from my cd's as I was buying them principally for home theater. My friends REALLY like them! Watching concerts on dvd has become a regular passtime when they come to my home.
Over the next year I added a Klipsch C-3 center channel, S-3 surround speakers, RW 10d powered subwoofer and a Yamaha RX-V861 AV receiver. The subwoofer is primarily used for movies.
I would highly recommend these speakers as well as the other Klipsch speakers mentioned above.
on January 8, 2009
I just purchased these from Best Buy, (Got a great deal) and couldn't be happier. I have read reviews from Vanns, Amazon, gone to Circuit City & Best buy and was convinced to buy these, good thing I did. I believe that when I Bi-Wire them to my receiver I will get even more sound, just waiting for my 12 gauge speaker wire to arrive.
on June 8, 2011
The F-3's are amazing. I originally had a HTiB- a Sony 1000 watt 5.1 with "wireless" rear speakers. It was nice, until I came upon these F-3's online. I was blown away just by their style.

It got me thinking about upgrading everything. However, at the time, the retail price was very prohibitive (I was still a med student at the time). Luckily I stumbled upon Vanns and followed their 'deal of the day' every day for almost a year. On that perfect march morning of last year they went on sale for half off. Placed an order- free shipping and all.

They arrived in perfect condition, no broken feet, no chipped corners, no scratches, dents or nicks. Hooked them up right away (after hauling all of their 120lbs up the stairs and taking a breather) to the Sony receiver. At the time I had a Sony SH500 up-scaling DVD player; i slipped in Batman Begins. Though I wasn't literally blown away, it did take my breath away. Interestingly, at the time I also didn't have the SW-450 but it wasn't a life or death ordeal without it. The dual 8 in woofers and baffle port more than made up for what was lacking when I watched the same movie on the Sony HTiB. Eventually the system was rounded out by adding the SW-450, and of course two synergy F-1's as rears (not shown).

I can say that I have watched this movie literally over 100 times in its entirety (I used to play it while studying for med school exams) before I played it on this system. The speakers picked up the minutest dialogue/audio content which I had never heard before on the old HTiB. That's a compliment to not only the speakers but to the receiver as well.
I love that movie now more than ever.

I have to say that the stylish design of these speakers is what drove me to them. Nevertheless I did a thorough check on the specs, continuous and peak wattage, sensitivity level and pure dimensions (and compared them to other brands).

There are plenty of nay-Sayers out there- but obviously these are people talking about purchasing either the Klipsch Reference Series (which are really sweet) or those packages well over $1500 just for the fronts. They are entitled to talk about their Kevlar woofers and silk dome tweeters. But the truth of the matter is that it just really doesn't matter- it might make your speakers bullet proof, or allow you to use your tweeter for spare material on a silk tie- but its just not going to give you the best all around experience in price and quality.

For anyone looking for an upper mid-range home theater experience go with Klipsch and you wont regret it. These days very few companies are ready to put more than a 1yr guarantee on their work. Klipsch is one of them. Enjoy your home theater experience with a peace of mind.

Let the explosions tumble your walls, destroy your floors, and shatter your windows.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2009
I have already returned these speakers and put my (more than 10 years old) KEFs back into the system.

I don't know why I ever thought I could improve on the sound of my KEF RDM 2s for less than a thousand dollars per speaker (these KEFs are just bigger than a breadbox, and were $1200 for the pair).

I think I just wanted the bass.

Unfortunately with these Klipsch synergy floorstanders, bass is pretty much all you get. The liquid midrange, bread and butter for expensive speakers, is simply gone. I'm driving these with a bone stock Marantz 8002--if you are familiar with front end technology you'll know that to improve on the sound of the Marantz and still get its surround features you have to spend literally thousands more.

CD player is an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb, once again chosen for its magical midrange properties. The Dutch engineers at Ah! start with a very nice Marantz CD player, chosen for its rock-solid transport mechanism. They pull the guts out of this and replace them with their own electronics, including a full tube driven output stage, a tube-driven clock, heavily upgaded op-amps, and many other very serious audiophile tweaks. When they're done, they've taken a $400 CD player and pushed the cost over a thousand bucks--and worth every penny. You never heard your old CDs sound this good. I have some SACD music that doesn't sound better than a well recorded CD from the 1980s on this thing.

If you have a bunch of CDs, get a good CD player. You'll be glad you did.

As for these speakers, Paul Klipsch would roll over in his grave if he heard the speakers they're slapping his name on these days.

Do yourself a favor. If you're in the market for a $900 pair of speakers, go into the used market and get yourself a pair of KEF Reference 2's or something else on that level. Don't waste your time on this KMart crap.
1212 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question