Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pentax Optio V20 8MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 4, 2009
I bought both this camera and a 9MP Sony H50. I find myself using this camera 10x as often as the Sony. Its 8MP takes every bit as good of pictures, the lag time using a flash is faster, the screen is large and clear, and the menu is much more user friendly. Besides all that, it is lightweight and the placement of the zoom control makes more sense. Not a real big deal, but the sounds are more pleasant than the Sony's which got on my nerves pretty quickly. The only thing lacking in this camera that the Sony has is the extended zoom(15X), but the 5x zoom is GREAT for a camera this sleek. I was always impressed with my Pentax 35mm cameras and this little guy does not disappoint.
on December 25, 2008
I have owned this camera for just a brief period of time, but since all I look for is a camera that's easy to use, takes great pictures, and has a quick refresh time between pictures, this is definitely the right camera.

Just remember to buy a memory card and screen protector too!
on June 11, 2009
This Pentax Optio V20 for me ,is one of the best camera all around.
What I like from this piece of art..is the 5X optical zoom contained in a compact lightweight body.
on June 9, 2009
I received this camera as a gift. It's kind of clunky, not as streamlined as a Canon. Must beep around and select from the screen to change features (movie, panorama, etc).Picture quality is good (when in focus), screen on back is quite large compared to other models of similar size. Cord for downloading is different size than used for blackberries and most other digital cameras, which drives me crazy. Buy a Canon instead.
on July 17, 2008
Haven't used it that long, but very happy with camera. It is small and easy to use with good optical zoom.
on February 1, 2016
For convenience and quality pictures this puppy is wonderful - can take it anywhere with me
on May 20, 2010
This was my 3rd camera purchase. I already had 2 SLRs, but wanted something more compact to carry in my purse or pocket instead of always having to haul around the bigger SLR. This little camera is just the right size. I shoot alot of pictures so really shopped around before buying this. I am particular about picture quality as well, and have been very pleased about the print quality that comes from this little camera. We took this camera on vacation along with a digital SLR. My husband used the Optio with great results. I like the 5x optical zoom. It was one of the few point & shoot digital cameras that had that high of an optical zoom at the time I purchased it. The video mode does work fairly well. It is not a video camera, so it's not going to take superb videos. However, they are exceptable. They are not a very high pixel level, so if you watch them on a computer screen or the like without any editing, they are very grainy. As with any camera this size, the flash is not going to light up a dark room and take professional quality pictures. For what it is though, it does just as well as any other camera this size. Just don't expect to much out of the flash in very dark situations (that goes for ANY camera/flash this size). Overall, my experiance with this camera for the last 2 years has been very good. I am pleased with my purchase, and would not hesitate to recommend it to someone.