Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2010
I bought these bags because I was looking for something eco-friendly and "safe" for my children (ie lead and BPA free). While I like the size and features, I have had to replace my bags twice in a matter of 6 months because they fell apart. Each of the 4 bags I bought began ripping at various seams. All the water bottles leak water after a time and some of the plastic containers would crack at the seams. I know this must be a quality issue because I bought these a various locations and they all seem to have fallen a part.

Regarding customer service, they have agreed to replace the pieces but I have grown tired of constantly having to call. I have owned many types of lunch boxes and I have never had ones fall a part as much as these have.

My recommendation is to buy another brand.
on October 20, 2013
I bought this because I wanted a good quality lunchbox that had multiple containers that fit well in an insulated bag and was safe. We have had it for one year and this is what I've learned: the zippers catch on the fabric and tear it. The zipper pulls come off. The design of the water bottle makes it so it leaks from day one--so it is useless. On the one I bought, the lids on all the containers have always held and I've never had spills and yet my child can open them (he is age 7-8).

After 6 months of having the lunchbox with these problems, I called and complained and was sent a new insulated bag and a new bottle cap. The bag was of the same quality and lasts the same amount of time. The bottle lid is better--it doesn't leak. However, it cannot be put on without cutting through the ring that holds it onto the bottle. Hopefully, all the lunchboxes come with the better bottle lid.

If you are okay with a product not lasting very long after paying $30, you'll probably be happy. I, however, thought that with paying that much, it would last longer. I may buy a metal one next from somewhere else.
on September 4, 2014
This is the second one of these we have purchased over the last few years. Our previous one is still in good shape, although it's definitely dirty on the outside, and kiddo wanted a new one for the school year. We still use the containers from the old box, which is 3 years old now.

I like that their lunchboxes come in fun gender-neutral, unbranded colors. And, I like that you don't have to tip the lunchbox on its side to carry it. My kiddo clips it right to the outside of the school back-pack.
on April 7, 2015
I was so hopeful when I purchased this product; my money was COMPLETELY WASTED. It's elements are attractive: water bottle (leaks) multi-size containers (do not hold their seal) and insulated lunchbox. However, the lunchbox is configured in such a way that opening it is a pain in the butt---it gets stuck; one needs to tuck in its sides in order to facilitate closing it. Too much trouble. When I'm running out the door, I really don't want to fight with my lunchbox, seriously!!!

After months and months of holding together the containers with rubber bands and sticking the bottle in a plastic bag, I gave up. I purchased the Rubbermaid box and the coordinating containers--it even came with an ice pack.

The Rubbermsid products are perfect, no leaking click together so they don't slip and work appropriately.

I'm so disappointed in New Wave Enviro. JMO folks don't rank me out, JMO
on June 21, 2011
Well it's been great after two weeks and the kid loves it. The containers are a great plus for cut up fruit but will let you know after as other reviews are unhappy with long term wear. On the other hand kids are rough on eveything! Will give it another month before I decide to buy two more.
on September 9, 2009
Actually the Lunchopolis is BPA free. The containers are made from polypropylene and the lids are made from Polyethylene. The bottle is made from Polypropylene and the cap is made from Polyethylene. The air bladder is made from silicone. Polypropylene is a recycling code # 5. These plastics are BPA free. Read more at [...]
on December 11, 2015
This lunch box has endured a beating by me (and my preschooler) before finally showing its age. The top opens wide so it is easy to get food containers in and out -- I generally put flat ice packs on the bottom and then layered some containers on top. The top of the drink container unscrews/opens wide for easy cleaning, except there's a spout which is hard to clean, so we mostly used it for water. The food containers are also easy to clean. I would say occasionally one of the lids didn't want to stay on -- or rather, one corner of the lid would come up when the other three were down, but with enough fiddling, this didn't seem to be a permanent problem. They're not spill-proof, though, so I used a thermos if I was packing soup or something. When the lunch box finally gave out -- the foil lining tore/detached where it was stitched to the outer fabric -- I bought another one. Overall, this is just so handy, because the various size containers make it easy to pack a lunch and easy for my kid to eat it.
on February 8, 2014
I bought two of these from a local store in October to use for my 7 year old and my 11 year old to bring lunch to school. The size and design of the lunch boxes were exactly what I was looking for - they held the right amount of food, fit neatly into my kids' backpacks, etc.

After just 3 months, both of the lunch boxes are falling apart. The stitching on the seams is shredded so that there are large holes along the edges of the lunch boxes, and the interior lining is also separating where it attaches to the body of the lunchbox. These things are not subjected to rough use at all. They get packed in the morning, slipped into the kids' backpacks, used at lunch in the school cafeteria, and unpacked at the end of the day. That's it.

There's no excuse for a $30 lunch box to fall apart after three months of normal use. If it were just one of them I might write it off as having gotten a lemon, but because both lunch boxes show the same kind of damage I can only conclude they're just badly made.
on April 27, 2013
While the package seem to be a great set the containers are quite small. If you are counting calories or controlling your portions then this is the set for you. Would be nice if it had a shoulder strap. It is a great product for children, but I would not recommend it for adults.
on December 10, 2015
This bag is a great size and the containers are very helpful, put the quality is not good. We purchased four bags for our kids. Within a few weeks, the water bottles leaked. Within 2 months, the zipper pulls came off and the foil interior ripped at all the seams.

See 1 answered question