Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on July 16, 2008
I have purchased both CRT and LCD Viewsonic monitors and now this 720p HDTV. It's inexpensive and does the job but I expected more. I dislike the "stylish" stand with tiny narrow neck as the monitor wobbles easily. The remote and connector layout is a identical to the Envision. The menus are also identical. It appears a company in China makes The TV for various companies like Envision and Viewsonic. This is a problem for me as both lcd tvs are in the same room. This Viewsonic is the first purchased LCD to have a dead bright pixel. The screen is bright and clear with the usual slight light leak at the top edge. The speakers sound shallow so I don't use them. I have the PC sound connected to PC audio in with powered speakers connected to headphone out. This provides full range clean sound for both PC and TV. The tuner is great for HD content programming from a roof mounted antenna. Only the remote and power cord come with the TV. I had to buy a vga cable.
I'm returning it only because of the dead pixel, flimsy stand and remote that is identical to Envision's.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2008
I was able to get a hand on this piece of equipment for under $300 and so far I am rather pleased with it. The colors are good, the resolution is solid, and overall it is a versatile device, giving me a good gaming and TV watching experience as well as serving as a decent second monitor. It is slightly annoying that the base is inflexible, and it does take a painfully long time to start up. As a college student though, it sits proudly upon my desk and has served me well so far.
on May 5, 2008
22' HDTV Viewsonic. What can you say? We aren't too familiar with Viewsonic are we? Well let me start off by saying so far, this device surves its purpose. With its size being right at 22' it works seamlessly as moniter and tv. Keep in mind the clarity is pretty good, however you will see different contrasts if you sit lower than the tv. Its better off eye-level (i had to put it on a higher shelf to make room in my dorm :( ) but for the money, size, portability, and features, there isnt much out there at the moment that competes. I've had no problems with it. I love the resolution (1680X1050) the contrast ratio is great (1000:1). Resolution and contrast ratio are the critical components that you compare televisions with. It has enough inputs (vga, hdmi, rgb, and an audio jack out...gotta get your own splitter). The takebacks on it are that it doesnt tilt, other than that, I can't find anything else I don't like about it...but once again for $400 it doesn't get much better, if at all...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2008
Bought to use in bedroom for HDTV. Overall I'm using as a TV and have been satisfied. I have also tested as a PC monitor using my laptop with the HDMI connector. This unit had no dead pixels.

Picture is sharp and clear as an HDTV using HDMI with dish network HD. As others have stated the speakers are on the weak side. I had an old set of Altec Lansings with the subwoofer and now the audio is great.

As a PC monitor I found text to be on the fuzzy side but most images looked pretty good.

I give the Viewsonic 4 stars because - You must you the external audio to get audio that will be pleasing. As a TV this is a great value. If you are wanting to use this solely as a PC monitor I would give it 3 stars and would look elsewhere. Paid $250 on the net.
on October 7, 2008
The sound from the speaker is tinny, I have plugged in a cheap set of PC speakers to get better sound. With the speakers plugged in, the audio cuts off. I am using it with a TIVO and Viewsonic does not use any kind of remote code that the tivo remote can generate, so I am forced to use 2 remotes. Also the Viewsonic remote seems to have limited range/strength, I almost have to point directly at sensor to get it to work. I have returned this thing.
on August 18, 2010
I previously owned viewsonic products and was beyond pleased with them. I bought this tv online and it worked fine... for about 8 months. The speakers are terrible and like previously shared I also hooked up pc speakers to it for better sound. That was as long as I was willing to sit next to the tv every time I changed the channel. I had to unplug the speakers and plug then back in to get them to work after changing the channel. I also had many dead pixels that eventually led to the tv completely not working. Called viewsonic support and for the low price of nearly $100 dollars I could ship the tv to them to repair. Mistake #1. Should have bought a new tv first. 1 month later when I received the tv back it still had dead pixels and the sound was never fixed. Now another 8 months later and the thing dies again. This time viewsonic says, "you only have 1 week left on your warranty so we can do nothing more for you." Excuse me, I thought you said I still had a week. Very disappointed with this product and even more so with their customer service. Viewsonic will not back their product, their service work, or their warranties. Since when did customer service become a joke to these companies. I will be taking my business elsewhere and recommending all others do the same!

Very frustrated with Viewsonic.
on March 19, 2009
This monitor has performed well. One pixel is stuck on, but can only be seen when the screen is black. I use it as a computer monitor and to hook up my video cam for previewing home vids. I am surprised how much better it is to have a 22" monitor as compared to my old 19". It allows you to have side by side windows and see and work with both. Great for checking email and browsing at the same time, or watching streaming videos in the corner while working on something else. Viewsonic quality and clarity is legendary, and this model is no exception. Highly recommended.
on May 2, 2009
This TV is perfect for the bedroom. I used to have a 20 year old 19" Sharp but when it finally died I replaced it with this 22". I also purchased the 19" for my daughter's room last Christmas and neither one of us has a complaint. I was looking at the Samsung and kept waiting for it to go down in price but since my daughter had no complaints with hers I decided to go with this one instead because I was tired of waiting. Good price, good picture, good sound. No issues. Very pleased.
on October 13, 2010
The audio quality is so terrible it does not matter how good the picture is. The sound reminds me of speaking through a tin can telephone when I was a kid. Hey Viewsonic, what where you thinking? Did you not test the sound? The horrible sound quality is enough to make you junk this TV. Do not buy it. It is unlistenable.
on July 1, 2009
I purchased this ViewSonic TV for a bedroom. It looks nice and worked great right out of the box. I've always preferred ViewSonic for PC monitors, but this is the first TV from them I've seen.

For under $250.00 with Prime Shipping it is well worth buying.