Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on August 30, 2008
The Philips DC912 is a great looking system, and it performs well. I've been wanting a book shelf system for the master bedroom of my house, that complemented the environment, and this little guy does the job. It took about two weeks for the unit to arrive, and I was very excited to receive it, so I started googling it. What I found kinda scared me, as there is one REAL review of this product from a guy on cnet, and this guy just trashed the unit. I started to feel, I had made a bad choice.

After receiving the unit, I wasn't disappointed. The unit looks great, and I would say the sound quality is on the upper-mid level of consumer products. It does everything it's suppose to do.

This unit works well in my bedroom; however, there's no way I'd try to use it for a large party. The sound fills my modest room well, but it's not going to be the right unit to replace your home theater system.

There are a few things I wish philips would have incorporated into the DC912. For example, the clock is only visible when the unit is on standby, I wish it was displayed all the time. The alarm settings are very limited - one time for everyday. [you maybe able to use the iPods built in alarm clock to fix this] Mute is instant off, instant on - a fading up and down would be nicen. More control of the EQ, the presets are nice, and will work for most, but I wish I had the ability to adjust them to my liking.

I would recommend this unit to anyone who's looking for a nice sound system, for a bedroom, foyer, or office.

Over all, i think the price is fair.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2009
I wanted a PRACTICAL and space adaptable audio system aside of my bed to listen my favorite songs from my iPod. This audio sytem was beyond my expectation. I love the bass sound (it has wirless subwoofer with or without dynamic bass boost), I'm able to modify the sound equalization with 4 preset settings, I can listen FM stations and memorize my favorites, I count on alarm clock with music from several sources like iPod, Fm radio, USB or SD/MMC card and I can set the sleep timer to auto turn off the audio system. Besides all, I have full access to the audio system and my iPod with the practical remote control and the system charges the iPod battery too. Wow. As you Americans say "It's the best bang for the buck" indeed.
on August 16, 2008
That bass that this equipement has, beats at all to a bose....yeah less watts (anyhow it has a 100W) but great fidelity.....sorry to say it, but this time Philips beats Bose for an IPHONE....which it works perfectly with!!!
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2009
I bought this stereo because it looked sleek and I wanted a system that I could hook up to my ipod. Overall, it works nicely. My few complaints are:
- The clock only shows when in standby mode. I wish it would always show.
- The dock for my ipod doesn't fit when I have the case on it. My case has a belt clip that I like to use, so it's a little annoying having to take it off everytime I put it on the docking station.
- You can't adjust the alarm volume (or I haven't figured out how?). It fades in, but it gets too loud. I wish it would remember the volume level when turned off and use that for the alarm volume.
Besides this, I like it.

***UPDATE***
So about 11 months after I bought this, it started to have problems. It would reset itself (as if it was unplugged and then plugged back in) and when it restarted, it would turn on and the volume would be defaulted to 11 and scare me half to death! I had it plugged into a surge protector, so the cause wasn't power outages. I contacted Philips to get it fixed, and they ended up sending me a refurbished one to replace it since they had no idea what was wrong with it. They kept asking me if maybe my building's power went out and I kept having to tell them it was plugged into a surge protector...as if that wasn't the first thing I tried. Luckily I had registered the product and had all the paperwork to prove it was still under warranty (barely!! by less that a month), so I didn't have to pay for it.

***UPDATE #2***
Still having the same problems. I give up. I bought a different docking system from a different brand.
on April 9, 2009
Now, it doesn't show it works for the iPhone but its only shortfall in that department is the rare "phone noise" if you don't have it in Airplane mode which turns off the radio(s) in the phone. Amazing quality for its size and so many inputs to work with, SD cards, USB, 3.5mm jacks, more than I could ask for. Wireless subwoofer is perfect for those people who like to move things around from time to time, as well as for those who want to hide the thing without wires! Definately worth the buy!!!
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2009
If you're looking for power and great sound from your Ipod, you've found it with this great sounding system! We've had others and we're finally satisfied with this Phillips product!
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2009
The product does what I want it to do. It gives a little better sound for my HDTV. It provides a hook up for my mp3 player and a place for an I-pod. The subwoofer provides a extra bass kick. The shipment came on time, but the only problem was the face plate was dented. Essex shipped out a replacement quickly. The product seems to work fine.
on April 3, 2009
Simple to set up; radio reception is decent, sound is very good. Haven't really tried to raise the roof yet, but it seems ready to deliver. It won't handle a large room, but just about any room in a residence will benefit from this unit, provided you aren't a audiophile/snob.
on April 16, 2009
Great sound from this machine! Priced more affordably than others like it. I am very happy.
on May 4, 2009