Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 16, 2010
First off, I am very petite and have trouble finding jeans that even fit me anyhow. I ordered these in a 1 short and I love the material, the cut, the design, BUT unless you are a hippy girl (I am composed of a more athletic build), you may want to order a size down. I realize they are supposed to ride on your hips, but the amount of room they have dedicated to size 1 hips seems excessive-- even with a belt, there is too much material bunched up at the waistband. I ordered according to Levi's online sizing chart, which I should have totally ignored-- I measured both waist and hips and I will definitely be returning these for a 0 short, though their chart indicates I am well within the size 1 category. Based on the elastene component (99% cotton, 1% elastene), I do not expect them to shrink in the wash-- they would definitely stretch a bit, so if you are in-between sizes, go down, not up. For sizing knowledge, I am 5'2", 110 lbs.

UPDATE: Got the size 0 short yesterday. Much better waist/hips fit-- will probably keep these ALTHOUGH I am unhappy about the styling a bit. I ordered the darker finish (unlike last time), and that color has "styling" which puts two holes in the jeans-- small ones, but still-- one on front pocket, one on back. Please STOP making jeans with holes in them, for crying out loud!!! This is not visible from the photos online, so I am a bit perturbed. I realize these are JUNIOR jeans and that is somewhat of a fashion in that department, but due to my small size, I cannot wear WOMEN'S jeans, so I am forced to endure the whims of junior fashion, despite the fact that my age does not end with "teen" or begin with "twenty."
I did not take off any stars, because hole factor aside, I like them. I just wish that the photos and/or description would have mentioned this, so I knew what I was actually getting beforehand.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2012
I have no bottom and all my other jeans get increasingly saggy throughout the day and with each wear. Levis 518 hold in my tummy (they're really not super-low compared to other makes), and they accent my rear-end rather than hide it with loose and progressively baggy material. I discovered these jeans by chance at Costco for $15. I took them home, tried them on, wore them for 2 days, went online to Amazon and bought another pair in an alternate colour for $35 (Costco didn't offer any other colours and worth paying double). I love these jeans and have zero complaints. Colour is even, material is medium thickness, the short length fits my 5'3" frame with flats/running shoes very well. If I want to wear heals or boots, I will purchase in average length.
on September 30, 2009
These jeans were purchased to replace a long-gone, much adored pair of 519s. The fit is so close to perfect, but with the typical Levi's issue of not being designed for women that have any kind of shape at all. These fit great except for the waistband which seems to be made for women whose waists are the same size as their hips. If you're the sort that doesn't think jeans should be worn around your ankles, a belt is a must; and with the 'stretch up a size every ten minutes' tradition of Levi's, expect to tighten the belt a few times if you don't want your seat to sag like a full diaper by the end of the day.

The "Superlow" isn't nearly as low as in previous years and the "Skinny" really only applies to the thigh area.

All in all, I do love these 518s. They feel good and they look good (as long as you like belts).
55 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2014
I've been waiting a long time for Levi's to bring back the 518's, but now that they are made of only 98% cotten and the rest lycra, they aren't the same. The material is "very" thin, and even after I washed a pair, hoping it would make them shrink, they still were way to big. I even purshased a size 1, as depending on the cut, I wear either size, but usually a size 1. Even the size 1's were to BIG!!! It's to bad that I'm going to have to return them. Hopefully they will have a size "0"! I never wear a size "0"??? I wish Levi's would go back making their jeans in the USA, and use 100% cotton!
on October 30, 2013
The thing about Levi's is that the sizing is completely inconsistent across different styles -- I own 515s, 529s, Bold Curves, and Demi Curves, and they range from size 12 to 16 depending on the style. I had not bought 518s before, so I went according to the size chart and got 17s, which were about a size too big. I exchanged them for 15s, which fit great: soft, stretchy, and flattering. Though these are called "superlow" bootcuts, the rise is actually an inch and a half higher than the current Demi Curve cut, which means no gapping in the back.

Two things to know about these 518s, though: (1) they run long, and (2) they have a wider leg opening than most other bootcuts. I ordered a M but the inseam is about 33.5" (definitely closer to a traditional L), and the 19.5" leg opening is more akin to a flare cut than a traditional boot. I'm fine with both of those quirks because I'm tall and like flare cuts, but they're definitely things to consider when you buy.

Overall these are very comfy and flattering Levi's -- I'm glad to have discovered a new cut that I like.
on October 23, 2012
I bought these and they are comfortable but they aren't super low cut like they say. I do not like pants any higher then about 1'' above my hips and threse go right below my belly button.
on January 31, 2016
I'm partial to levis and I know this size and style, so that's why I'll buy them online.
As much as I'm not a fan of sharing my weight, I think it'll help others decide -- especially because I wouldn't think a 13 would fit me. First of all, these are definitely low rise, NOT mom jeans (yay!) but not as super low as the 524. I have what I've been told are "child bearing hips" and yet a somewhat disappointing (to me) flat butt. One of the reasons I like levis is that they do somehow help it appear as though I do have a bit of a butt. I do carry quite a bit of my weight in my hips & butt area, and have a comparatively narrow waist.
Anyway, I'm 5'6" and 150" and these fit my butt, but I do get the gap at the back of the waistline...I've found that is inevitable for me in nearly every pair of jeans I've found - especially since I refuse to wear mom jeans. I also refuse to wear skinny jeans because of the weight in my middle... skinny at the bottom just emphasizes my super wide hips. I hope this helps someone!
on April 7, 2015
I bought these white jeans to go to a white party. Every store that I went to only sold white jeans in straight skinny leg or capris. I only wear boot cut or flare. I am 5'9" and was worried that they wouldn't be long enough. They were perfect! The material is soft and fit was just perfect. I would like to buy more in a different color but Amazon doesn't seem to offer this at this time. I will recommend these jeans to anyone.
on May 16, 2015
I LOVE these jeans!! However, I have to give the ones I received ONE START for the following reason. Although these are advertised on Amazon as 518 Superlow Bootcut Levi's, the ones I received were NOT!! They were 518 Bootcut jeans and they fit differently than the Superlow cut! After receiving them and trying them on and them not fitting comfortably, I looked inside at the label and low and behold they were NOT the Superlow bootcut 518s! I thought it must have been a mistake so I put in to have them replaced. However, when I got the replacements, they were the EXACT same WRONG product! I am NOT happy about this as the 518 Superlow Bootcut jeans are the only style that I've found that fit comfortably. I am afraid to try to order them again as I'm guessing they'd send the incorrect product again! If these are NOT the 518 Superlow Bootcut Jeans, then AMAZON needs to CHANGE the description of the item on the Amazon website! I've ordered several pairs of these from Amazon in the past and never had this happen. (Maybe someone didn't check the labels and put them in the wrong bin?)
on July 12, 2014
fit is great, I'm skinny with minimal curves and don't like skin tight jeans because I feel they make me look skinnier. And I can wear sneakers with them and they cover them and not make my feet look so big. I like them.