on March 8, 2009
I highly recommend this product. I bought this extra handset, actually, eventually a total of 4 of them, to expand upon the GE Dect 6.0 phone system that shipped with two handsets. One of the original handsets died within about two weeks of use. I needed to order a replacement, so while I was at it, I ordered the extras. I could have actually returned the phone under warranty, but they(another vendor) required that I send in the entire phone system, even though only one handset was faulty. This would have left us without any phones, so I opted to just bite the bullet and purchase a replacement handset since my wife fell in love with these phones, and could not live without the use of a quality cordless phone. I now actually own a total of 5 working handsets scattered around the house and garage ... the system handles a maximum of 5 handsets.

The handsets are very stylish and well made, so I am not sure why one of the originals failed, but when it connected to the base unit, all you could hear was static. I'm glad to report that we have had no further issues with any of the expansion handsets, which we've had for a few months now. Overall, the range and clarity of the phones is excellent. In fact the best phones we have ever owned. My wife constantly complained about poor quality and dropped calls with the various cheaper cordless phones we had owned previous to these GE's. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to quality cordless phones.

In addition to the programmability features, such as ringtones, display options, etc, the Infolink feature is very cool. Although not exactly a necessity, the information available over Infolink is limitless, since you can customize your own RSS feeds (up to six). We are using the standard MSNBC feeds pre-programmed into the base unit for news, weather, sports, entertainment, etc, and they pretty much cover the basics. The weather feed is particularly nice, since they have our home town as one of the reporting stations in FL.

Another thing that is very nice about these handsets is that they use two standard AAA NiMH cells. As we all know, the first thing to typically go bad on a cordless phone is the battery pack. Replacement battery packs usually cost as much as the phone itself in some cases, so after a few years of use, it basically makes the whole thing a throw away. This is filling our landfills with phones that are probably not bad, except for the batteries. So in this regard, although you pay a little more for the quality of this DECT 6.0 phone system, these phones are cheap to maintain and environmentally friendly. This is probably something most people would not think about when purchasing a new cordless phone system. Look for units that use standard size (AAA or AA) NiMH cells ... they last longer, and do not suffer from the battery charge memory effect like NiCd ... and they are very cheap to replace!!
on February 17, 2012
Verified Purchase
Best phone ever! Can used as intercom with handset to handset calling. I have 5 handsets and use rrs feeds for weather updates
on March 15, 2013
Verified Purchase
i hate reviews... i rated that was enough.. requiring i type this in does nothing. . . . . .

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations