Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 5, 2009
I have been on a long search for rain boots that are fashionable, functional, with no chemical smell, and good craftsmanship! oh and affordable!!! I needed a pair that would look good with most of my outfits, look stylish (I hate how most rain boots have an extra large toe box and are big and bulky - they remind me of the ones I had when I was a kid) - yuck! I also noticed that most affordable options looked awful, smelled like chemicals, and had glue marks where the sole meets the shoe - in the heel area and toe area (which is a good indicator that they would not last)!! On top of all of this I needed a pair that would withstand the rainy Chicago weather - and survive at least a year!!

Well after months of searching I FINALLY found a pair that meet all of my requirements and then some!
These look sleek and modern! No bulky toe box here (oh and my feet are wide and fit perfect with extra room), plus there is extra room in the calf area (which can be an issue, and was something I was concerned about since I didn't try them on before buying). They also have a nice lining inside - some rain boots (especially the cheap ones don't have lining).

The company also recycles the boots, so when you can no longer wear them, you can send them back - so they are concerned with their environmental footprint!! This makes me happy, as well as the fact that the company is known for making outdoor wear - so it is a good product with a very reasonable price!!!!! Plus they look fashionable!

I normally wear a 7 1/2 but purchased an 8. I am happy with the size I bought, I do have more than enough extra room so just in case I wear a heavy socks, my feet won't be squished. Hope this review helps!
77 comments| 923 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2009
These boots are great! Very comfortable, very stylish. I bought an 8 upon other reviews saying they run small; I usually wear a 7-7.5 and the 8 was perfect. Wanted the plum colored ones but they weren't in my size, but the black ones def go with everything and are even nice enough to go out in if it was raining. Also, the company recycles them when you don't want them anymore, so they are earth-friendly :)
0Comment| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
These boots are awesome! They are not only cute, but practical at the same time. I ordered fleece rain boot liners for them so I can wear them in the snow. Now my feet are warm and dry and I don't have to worry about the snow (which being in Illinois there is a lot of!) ruining the boot. Love that I can wear these in all seasons. Unlike my Uggs, which I love and they are warm but snow and water are a no no with them. These are pretty narrow though. My foot is not wide at all and they fit me pretty snug.
review image
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
UPDATE: 15 July 2013
These boots FINALLY started to show signs of wear after 2.5 years of nearly CONSTANT/all year use in Oregon weather. As in, the tread is wearing a bit, and there is a TINY hairline crack right above the toe. I'm telling you- I wore the (STUFF) outta these boots- and they held up, and kept looking stylish.

This just amazes me.
Almost 3 years in ONE pair of boots???

After the way that these have proven time-tested quality, I would, without hesitation, buy this boot again... and again... and again.

I am now an official fan girl of the Kamik brand. Go, Canada!

(Original Review)
So, here are a few things I thought worth mentioning.

1) Great tread! I feel confident walking in these. Comfortable, and the tread seems substantial enough to NOT double as a pair of skis on snow or mud.

2) I normally wear a 6.5, and I have narrow feet, so I almost always swim in size 7 boots. I ordered the 6, and they are just right with a pair of light socks. So it does seem that they run pretty true to size, and that I could have gotten the 6.5 and been great with a pair of heavier wool socks.

3) They do not come up as high on the calf as I had hoped. I am sure that the measurements were posted somewhere, and that in my haste, I overlooked it. So, for anyone else reading this, I will say that they come up (on me, anyway) about 4 inches below the knee, as opposed to the higher "just below" (maybe 2 inches?) I was looking for. Again, I am sure I overlooked it, just wanted to mention it.

4) They really are snug in the calf. I don't have super buff calves, so this isn't a problem, except that it takes a little extra wiggling if I want to tuck my jeans into them.

5) They really are pretty, and I got them not for mud bogging or gardening, but as "dressy", city boots.
And they are comfortable. I got the delightfully shiny black, and they were beautiful right out of the box.
Sadly, mine scuff pretty easily- and I am not rough on them at all.
So I think that perhaps next time, if I bought another pair of these boots, perhaps a lighter color would show the scuffs less.
Just a thought.

Overall, I really like these boots- they seem to be made well, and of high quality- and with the above factors in mind, would absolutely recommend them.

UPDATE: After having these boots for about two weeks, I have decided that I actually do like the fact that the boots don't go up as high... since I am short, it's actually flattering... anyway, it was a bonus I hadn't considered, and thought it was worth mentioning.
22 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
I always struggle with shoe sizes. I am between 7.5 and 8, and usually get frustrated with the tightness of the toe box of a 7.5. I ordered an 8 in Nomad rain boots awhile back, and ended up giving them away because they were a little too loose. I felt like I had to grip my toes to keep them from falling off. With reluctance I ordered an 8 in these Kamik rain boots. They are perfect! And the color is beautiful bright ruby.
Yesterday, I put them on with dress pants and dress socks-a tiny bit loose with the thin dress socks, but looked great under my dress pant. I also tried them on with bulky winter socks, and they fit great. I wouldn't want them any more snug, but I could comfortably wear them all day.
I have fairly scrawny legs, but the top of these boots are fitted enough that they are not flapping around my legs. There is space to easily tuck my pants in or wear tall socks.
on February 20, 2013
I was very worried when I bought these boots because a lot of people said they were too tight or too small. I ordered what I normally wear in all shoes (9). They fit perfectly! They are snug, but they need to be snug! You don't want boots that flop around when you walk. They are very comfortable and stylish! I bought the dark purple, they are very pretty, definitely not dark! My calf measures 13" around and they still have about an inch or 2 of room, so I can still tuck pants in. Overall, they are awesome and just what I was looking for, for NW weather!
review image review image review image
11 comment| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2014
I was so disappointed when I got these. Everyone praised how "fashionable" and "perfect" these boots were so I excited but... just by looking at them, they look great. It's when you try them on that I was disappointed. I don't know if it was just my boots but they looked oddly shaped to me. I ordered size 8, I'm 5'3 115lbs, petite. Calf fit tight which was good bc I like boots to stick. The side view looked perfect but the front view, the most important view for me, was terrible in terms of my fashion standard.

It's slim but bc it's short, the design is flawed. Rather than being "straight" boots or evenly shaped going from the top to base, the boot caves in like skinny jeans so it looked like I was very funky looking socks. I don't how to describe this but it hugs the shape of your calf so instead of looking like a boot it looks like a sock or something. But the side view is much wider and even, it's really weird.

I personally hated the design, I looked really lame wearing these with my skinny jeans. I also don't like how short they were. If they were longer than the front design wouldn't have been as bad. So I'm returning these and getting the Kamik Ellie Boots which are knee high and supposedly have narrow calves but quite honestly, these boots were pretty tight.

*Oh and because they hug your leg so much, it will make your thighs look fatter
review image review image review image
33 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2015
The design of the product is great, it's super comfortable as far as the insoles are concerned. However I'm giving this product a 4 out of 5 stars the reason being the size. I am a size 9 and this boot fits tight so I recommend going a size up. Thankfully my mom offered to take the boots from me so I am ordering a a size 10.

By the way my mom normally wears a size 8 and the 9 fits great. She said it fits even better with socks.

I live in FL so rain boots for "hurricane" rainy season are a must. The boots are stylish, so I'll let you know how the 10 works out for me.

Hope this helps
on December 15, 2014
I like them. They took too long to get here though. I ordered them on December 3rd but just got them today, the 16th.
Overall, they will do their job. The calf part is smaller than expected. I'm slender but have muscular calves. They are somewhat small there so I don't know how they would fit on those who are a bit thicker. I'm usually a 7.5 or 8 shoe depending on the style. I ordered an 8 in these and they still seem a little small. They are perfect without any socks but once they are paired with some, they might be a little tighter than expected. But I won't be returning them. They seem to be good quality and they look nice. Sorry the picture is terrible quality... I just had my boyfriend snap a quick one on his phone as I was frolicking in the rain. But you get the idea of the calf opening. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
on November 13, 2009
I bought these lovely boots based on Amazon users' high ratings for durability, but had to return them. :( The calf was just too tight. I'm a short (5'4"), plus-size (sz 18) woman, so the narrow top was too high up my leg. I used my measuring tape and measured 15" around the outside of the top (14" on the inside). Unfortunately, this is their shortest style. I'll look elsewhere.
99 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse