Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 17, 2009
I recently received my Moving Comfort Maia bra, size 38DD. I have to say, I was so blown away by this bra that I immediately ordered a second one in a different color!

First, I'll start with the cons...

1. It is pretty high cut. There is no sexy cleavage with this baby... you can barely see any cleavage at all. But let's be realistic, this is a sport's bra... and not those barely there sports bras that you see in the fitness magazines!

2. It's not quite as supportive as other sports bras I've had. I still have a little bounce, but I don't feel like my boobs are going anywhere. It's certainly not back injuring bounce, and it doesn't bother me for the activities I do... joggers or jumpers might want a little more support.

3. The straps are not adjustable. I don't find this to be a problem, but I could see where it might be an issue for some people.

4. The band is a little tight, but then again, it is supposed to be snug as a sports bra. I would advise that if your regular bra is a little tight, you may want to go up a size for this sport's bra.

Now for the pros...

1. It fits. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered bras online and they come in and don't fit right. They expect women with larger boobs to have the same shapes and fits as women with smaller sizes. Many times, the larger bras will either try to mould you into a cone or squish you into a pancake. This bra does neither. My boobs look awesome. The cups are nice and round, and because of the high neck I don't get the dreaded quad boob. I miss the fantastic cleavage this bra might give me, but I'll trade that for the comfort!

2. It seperates. I can't tell you how many uniboobs I've had over the years after trying to squish myself into a typical sports bra. Today, I'm wearing this bra with a tight t-shirt, and you can tell that there are two of them in there.

3. It puts them in the right place. My silhouette from both directions looks great. Often with sports bras, my boobs either look great from the side (uniboob squishes them together in the center), or they look great from the front but I have to contend with pancake boobs. Now I can go out for hikes with friends and not be so self-conscious.

4. The straps stay put. Sometimes I feel like 10% of my day is spent lifting wayward straps off of my upper arms and back up to my shoulders. No matter how tight I make the straps, it never fails to happen. I even started only buying adjustable strap bras so that I can criss-cross the straps in the back so they don't fall down. With this bra, I haven't had to worry about it once. It really is awesome.

5. Ok, so this might not initially seem like a pro, but the high neck can actually be useful. I think I'm going to use this bra under some of my low cut shirts that look fine on a normal person, but look vulger with my size. I can get away with wearing a tank under and showing some cleavage on the weekends... but I need something that covers up a little more at work. By letting this bra peek through, I'm letting it do double duty as a bra and a layering peice.

So, my love-hate relationship with my boobs might finally be resolved thanks to this great bra. I bought it because I've been going on lots of hikes and wanted something with a better fit under my hiking gear... but now I think I'll be using this bra for everyday wear also.

****UPDATE****
The review above was written in June / 2009, and after almost two years of everyday wear, I'm finally at the point of having to replace my two FAVORITE bras... unfortunately, I'm not as in love with the redesign. Maybe I'm just so used to my comfortably worn-in piece that I'm a little averse to change, but I really wish I could find the old style! The new bras are excellent as gym bras, again, so supportive, so comfortable... but I'm not a huge fan of the adjustable straps and the new logo on the front. I wore my old bras under a large variety of tops, often letting it poke through, but I'm more self-conscious with the logo that could be visible. I also think the redesign runs a little smaller, though again, it could be because I've worn the old ones for almost two years. Still highly recommend this bra! Hopefully the new bras will be just as durable as my last two because I can't imagine going back to "regular" bras.
1010 comments331 of 334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2009
I'm a 40 D and I hate bras. This bra is amazing. I forget completely that I'm wearing it. I can run and participate in other high energy activities and experience no shoulder or neck pain. It's fantastic. I would recommend this bra to any "full figured" woman.
0Comment62 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2009
I bought the Moving Comfort Maia sports bra. This is my favorite sports bra now. Tight fit with no movement. I run four days a week, and I find myself grabbing this bra instead of my old Nike fav. It's not a tiny top, for those of you who like to skimp; it's a functioning bra that's definately built to support all around. It has good breathability and wicking, and no chaffing problems. Stays in place. I plan on purchasing another one to keep the wear and tear down.
0Comment54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2011
I have owned these bras for many years...I think I have five. The activities I use them for is running, spinning, and cross training. I just ordered two new ones noticing that the new version has adjustable back straps (very hopeful). Unfortunately, the new material is stretchy, thinner and less fabric...I will have to go back to wearing two bras for working out. The sides under the arm are also much sleeker so there really is no side support. I weight 155 medium build but wear a 34 DD bra size. This is very disappointing because I haven't seen anything as great as the old Maia moving comfort and my current bras will only last for soo long. I am very sad.
66 comments39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2009
I ride several horses a day, and am a 36D. Normally the impact of riding has forced me to wear 2 sports bras, and still have bounce, or shoulder pain.
The Moving Comfort Maia is hands down the best bra I've ever worn. They make a bra that not only stops the bounce, but it fits very well, and is so comfortable.
I own 3 of these bras. I highly recommend this bra if you need serious bounce control and are also looking for a flattering fit !
on July 30, 2009
I love this sports bra. I have been searching for years for a really great one and I finally found it. I love that I don't have to try to get a sweaty bra off over my head! I do high impact jazzercise and it keeps everything in place (I am a 40DD). I have also tried the earlier version of this bra but I much prefer the seamless look of this new version. I really feel like it has the support of the Enel without all the of negatives. Amazon had a great price on this as well!
on May 23, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised to find that this bra was quite supportive yet still lightweight. It wasn't at all constricting, unlike the one underwire, 2 sports bras, and 1 supportive tank that I used to wear were. It doesn't get rid of all of the bounce of my 34DDs, (I still need to wear at least the tank with shelf bra), but I'm still quite pleased.
on October 7, 2010
At first I thought that I had finally found a wear everyday good support bra in a smaller size. The front was perfect, with enough support and a nice shape. The back however didn't offer any support or comfort and rode up. There was something itchy about the straps as well. With more material incorporated in the back of the bra and straps this could have been a perfect bra for me. I'm sending it back unfortunately.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2009
Super-firm, motionless support. I love this sports bra! Perfect for high-impact on a body that requires the most support available. I saw this bra recommended in a magazine a few years ago and have been buying it ever since.
on December 2, 2008
I have been looking for a sports bra that didn't give me "pancake boobs" and finally found it! This bra fits wonderfully and has great support. I am a 40 DD and a runner and it gives me the support I need.